2011 Suzuki SX4

8.3

Based on 288 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Overall great value AWD

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Lots of front seat room!"

Cons: "Pulling hills has transmission downshifting."

"Great little car! Bought the SX4 crossover new in march 0f 2008. At the time there wasn't anything in this price range in an AWD. The car is very solid, no squeaks or rattles,even on washboard roads. It handles our Cascade mountain passes with the original tires with ease in the snow.The only issue we have had with the car is the Keyless start/entry remote failing! MPG isn't outstanding, but expected that with the heavier mass of the AWD. Roughly, 22-23 in town and 28-30 on the hiway."

Stylish car with decent performance

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"I was lookin to buy an AWD, and this was the cheapest in the market. I was kind'a hesitant to go ahead and buy it, since I thought, may be you get what you pay for. But its been 5 months now and I'm fully satisfyied with my SX4. Stylish interiors (the interior materials could've been tougher though), quite roomy for a 6ft guy. If you're lookin for a peppy revving sports car like vehicle then this is not the one. The pick is not that great with 2WD but quite OK in 'Auto' mode. I get 21 MPG (mixed miles). Overall a very nice pick for the money you shell in."

Happy Customer

By on Sunday, April 20, 2008

"This SX4 sport is one excellent little ride no problems what so ever. Totally kicks all other commuter vehicles rears. 2008 with 10,000 plus miles now. Cannot beat the visiblity and the responsiveness for the dollar. Will run the engine until 300K on this ride. Total sleeper - so happy to drive a ride without an "H" or "T" on it. America will take notice soon."

LOVE MY CAR!

By on Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pros: "Versatile,Durable,Reliable,Great Price,Good Milage"

Cons: "Visibility"

"I love my cute sporty SX4. I love having a hatchback, of course it is optional. I've always found Suzuki to be very reliable. I do a lot of driving and I find it very comfortable. Plus I can fit 2 car seats in the back for both my kids. I love the car seat hooks. They are easy to get to. I've had to put my kids in my mom's car and my sister and that is such a pain. The seats fold down in the back so when I need to haul something like at T.V. it is totally do able. Very versatile car. Has met all my needs and all my expectations.Great Gas Mileage (I'm at 31 mpg) I bought the car new, I'm the only driver and I'm currently at over 115,000 miles. If I had a con it would be the Visibility, I have trouble looking out the passenger window when I have a passenger, and the side windows in the front have thick frames. Doesn't bother me on the interstate, but on those curvy country roads, it tends to be a bit of an obstruction. Love the large side mirrors!"

excellent car, my third suzuki

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "wonderful car"

"the Suzuki is the best, have been without much trouble, last of my three has 275 miles, with little repairs, have two more a 2008 and a 2009 and they are mine to another 300,0000 miles. seems the good stuff may be affected because people relate it to a motorcycle and the lies you cannot get parts is hysterical, they are easy or can use GM"

Excellent value, runs very well in all weather

By on Sunday, June 1, 2014

Pros: "great price , great on gas, very reliable"

In Excellent Condition 2009 with Navigation system built in!!!

"Great starter car, very reliable, runs great and very stable in all kinds of weather, great visibility, safe on highway and easy to maneuver in city."

In Excellent Condition 2009 with Navigation system built in!!!

very good

By on Monday, February 3, 2014

Pros: "ALL ABOVE"

Cons: "LOT OF WIND NOISE WHEN WINDOWS DOWN"

"ex head room both of us wife is 5 ft spouse 6 ft good visibl&& &y 30mpg excellent traction she loves it many months of snow an ice in north maine. cold bothers the low tire light on a lot.WHERES THE THE SEAT REPAIRS PROMISED BIG PROBLEM NOT IMPORTRD NO DEALERS ONLYREASON FOR NO RECOMMEND."

Easy Driving, Love my Suzuki!

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great sound system, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Wish mine had cruise control"

"This is my first new car, bought straight off the lot when it was just a baby with 1140 miles. Has given me no trouble, love being able to zip in and out of traffic and easily get into any open parking spot. See your available miles, instant mpg, and average mpg (mine is at 27.0 mpg). Holding its value well! Great sound system too! XM ready, MP3 capability."

I like IT much

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "good value, fun to drive"

"this SX4 4x4 hatchback is my wife's car. I, change the oil, that is all I do. I like the ingress egress for a heavy fellow. Every time I have the opportunity, I drive it...it is delightful driving it-stable maneuverable. My wife says it holds the snow good. Too bad Suzuki cars do not sell here any more."

Reliable

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"I've had the car for almost 2 years now and it is the best investimant i have made by far on a car. It has never broken down on me. The only work i've had done on it is maintaince. There are a few things i would change like the side window between the front passagers and head windshild is akward but easy to get use to. I would cover up the wireing under the seat because it is easy to get ripped out or have a little dog decide to chew on it like mine did. But overall EXCALLENT car"

comfort , mileage, lights , ease ride

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "great mileages, smooth ride, more..."

Cons: "wish it had a darker red, had to tint the window,"

"I'm a tall man 6'7" fit great, took my SX4 accross the state and ran great,I'm very happy with my SX4....."

Very Reliable - 500 plus miles per week

By on Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pros: "Price , reliability ,"

Cons: "Resale value , engine noise"

"Bought this car new off the lot in 2008 . I was skeptical at first but this car has proven to be the most reliable car ( on par with my 85 Saab ) I have ever owned . Great in just about all area's ."

For the price you can't beat it.

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pros: "Good price, acceptable gas mileage, great handling"

Cons: "None really"

"I bought a 2010 SX4 in 2010. This car is one great big secret. I bought it for the All wheel drive which works great in the snow but I ended up spending the last two years in FL. Car rides beautiful on the tpke's and handles great in the city. I;ve had numerous Toyotas, Nissans, Chevies, Fords, and Dodges but this car ranks with any of them. I don't understand why it's not ranked higher."

Excellent car for the price paid

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "great price, all wheel drive for bad weather"

Cons: "small"

"I bought this car new in 2008. It has not had one mechanical problem in 86,000 miles, gets 30 mpg, and goes through snow like a champ."

Completely Dissapointed

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "Decent sized trunk"

Cons: "Interior needs slight redesign, Gas Mileage"

"I do a lot of highway driving. I bought this car with 22 miles on it about 12 days ago. I have approximately 800 miles on it, and have filled up my tank FROM EMPTY 5 times. It has a tank size of 13 gallons, so I'm getting approximately 13-14 MPG. I went from a Chevrolet Impala to this. Yes, I sacrificed room, but I figured I would get a little better gas mileage. My Impala can easily get what the Sx4 is rated at (32 Hwy), and its not even rated for that! So I'm just super disapointed in the gas mileage that it boasted so much about. Working on returning it to the dealer this week."

it's ok in town

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "good price and gas."

Cons: "too small for me"

"good little car running local.but long trips it's not built for comfort."

I love this car.

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Cheap, fun, capable, efficient, good-handling."

Cons: "Small tank, crazy electronics."

"The car: 2007 SX4 Crossover, 5-speed Manual. I love this car. It's great-handling, quick, precise, and phenomenal when the weather turns nasty. It has gone surfing in Baja, skiing all over the West, and mountain biking weekly for 4 years. It's always up to the task, whether we're punching through a blizzard or crawiling over sand dunes to a surf break. I added some Yokohama Geolander AT-S tires, and besides lacking ground clearance, the car is the off-road equal of most "suv's". And then, when we hit groomed dirt road, I am GONE, rally-style. On the street, it handles beautifully, in a long-legged sort of way. Take a bumpy hairpin turn at speed, and instead of skittering around, the SX4 reaches down with its' long-travel suspension and maintains contact with the ground. I am 6'5", and am comfortable inside. We recently went on a mountain bike and ski camping trip in Mammoth. Our SX4 carried 2 pairs of skis, boots, poles, all associated gear, plus 2 mountain bikes and all our bike stuff. We used a rooftop box from Yakima, and were even able to load all our camping gear inside. Is it perfect? No. The gas tank is too small; we rarely get more than 210 miles of range. The seat airbag warning light turns on sometimes, when there is a passenger in the seat. The tire pressure warning light comes on when the temperature changes more than 20 degrees. Over the entire time I have owned it, we have averaged 23.3 mpg. It always has roof racks, and often there's a box on top (we leave it on all of ski season). But don't expect good gas mileage like you would get from a Civic. This is not an economy car. It's a tiny all-terrain car. And measured by that yardstick, it's very efficient. Dump the junk street tires and get some AT tires. Want a Civic or Corolla? Buy one. Can't afford a Tiguan or Mini Countryman? Get this instead. If you like snow, sand, dirt, kayaks, bikes, skis, etc., then this is the cheapest new car than can do it all. Add a dash of rally style on dirt roads, some good on-road handling, and it can't be beat. I will be lining up to buy the turbo version (hear me Suzuki? Build the Works Techno version for us!)"

Awesome everyday car

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"It has 74,000 miles on it already and has only needed scheduled maintenance. Very reliable. However the only con is that it has only 1 12v plug in, and a splitter will not give enough juice to both things. Great highway gas mileage, city could be better based on the cars size and weight. Overall, I love this car, its reliable, and it does what it is supposed to very well."

Great value!

By on Thursday, April 1, 2010

"I'm constantly amazed that I don't see more of these on the road. What a great car for the money. Although the gas mileage isn't as great as some other small cars, the AWD is fantastic. The SX4 is really a great choice for someone who its outdoorsy, but can't afford an expensive Suburu or an SUV. Our SX4 powers up gravel mountain roads and handles slippery clay roads with no problem. I'd recommend the manual transmission to give you the extra power handle adverse road conditions."

Great Value Excellent car

By on Sunday, January 3, 2010

"I have the 2008 Suzuki SX4 4-door sedan 5 speed manual with Touring package. I researched a lot of cars and read tons of reviews before I settled on the SX4. For the price it had the most features. It has keyless entry and keyless ignition which I love and tire pressure monitoring and 1-touch up-down window feature. The value of the car when I purchased it brand new in Feb 2009 was $18k. I paid about $16k after all taxes and all fees. I have never regretted it for a second. It drives great, it has never had any problems and I'm still happy with it after 11 months. It has traction control which comes in very handy in NJ. I can now drive in the snow and not have to fear for my life unlike my previous car. The car stays on the road with minimal slipping. I get about 30 mpg combined city and highway driving consistently. The inside is comfortable, the heat gets hot fast the air gets cold quickly. The radio and sound system is top notch. I installed a Pioneer navigation system which is hooked up to the car so I can place bluetooth calls over the cars speakers. The seats can get uncomfortable after long periods of driving, but that's every car I imagine sitting in one place for a long time can get uncomfortable. I love the little features such as the display which shows the current temp outside and the current milage consumption. The truck has a lot of space and the inside is roomy. Overall this is a great car with loads of features for a good price, that's called VALUE! My only nit picks are the gas light comes on too early. It should come on when the tank is almost empty. Instead it comes on with about 2 gals left in the tank. Also the gas tank is too small. It gets great milage but only holds 10 gallons which mitigates the good gas milage because I need to fill up about once every 2 weeks. Other than that, great car, I highly recommend"

happy

By on Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I love my suzuki i already have 30000 miles in under 2 years and not one problem. I just wish it had a bigger gas tank cant go 300 miles without having to fill up."

ANE MORE VALUE FROM SUZUKI

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"This car was over $2,500.00 cheaper than any other in its' class. It has features not even offered on the others like all wheel drive. It handles even better after I replaced the factory equipment Bridgstone tires with Goodyear triple tread treads. It is quieter also. I drive at freeway speeds (75 to 80 mph) 90 miles round trip to work each work day and it is very comfortable. The premium sound system is a must have. The Ipod adapter makes it easy to listen to what I want to when I want. This is my third Suzuki auto and I have yet to have to put one in the shop for repairs of any kind. I averaged 150,000 miles on each of my first two. I have 27,000 trouble free miles on this one so far."

Great little car

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Great little car for the price. We have the sport sedan w/auto & convenience pkg. Decent mpg but we have not seen or even come close to the 31 mpg listed on the sticker. The stereo system could use a bit of an overhaul, it is pretty weak. Comfort is ok but even a 150mi trip will wear on you. We can fit 3 kids in the back one 7, 4, & 2. Two in boosters and one in a car seat. It's cramped but they do not complain. 10k mi on the odo and no issues whatsoever. We have a 4th child coming so this car will have to be sold or traded. This car makes a great daily driver to & from work and is easy on the wallet. Has great looks and great handling to boot. This car makes a great commuter if you are looking for something reliable, moderately comfortable, and light on the wallet. I highly recommend the SX4 sport sedan."

zippy little car

By on Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Great handling. Bells and whistles. Incredible forward vista. Love the climate control. huge side view mirrors. Very international feel to the car."

TERRIBLE gas mileage for a 4cyl

By on Monday, August 11, 2008

"I would recommend it for AWD in the snow but not practicle for gas mileage, I am currently getting 15.6 mpg and told after 7000 miles it would get better, I drive mostly highway and get 190-200 miles per tank. Anyone else having this problem?? Please respond as we are deciding whether or not to keep it, have only owned it 3 weeks and spent 120.00 in gas. L & C"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki SX4 near Honolulu. See local deals