2008 Suzuki SX4

8.3

Based on 281 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Car was fun...till it wasn't

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Reason: cost/time to repair

Pros: "Fun, unique, loved the style of it"

Cons: "Very $$$ repairs, rotten mileage"

"My SX4 was one of the most fun cars I've ever owned, shed a tear when I traded it in actually. But that's not saying it was a great car. It was fun to toss around, very spirited, but the mileage was poor (22-24 at best) and with such a small tank, my 120-mile commute to work had me at the gas station every other day. No troubles until it neared 50k, then the AC quit. Had continual issues with check engine light, catalytic convertor and more. Car would stall with no warning. When the transmission started getting hinky I'd had enough. So few were on the road that repairs were very high ($1400+ for a refurbished AC compressor alone!) and basically all would require a looong wait as parts were infrequently shipped on a slow boat from Japan. I thought I'd keep this car forever but the bad ultimately overtook the good. Best car I've ever driven in bad weather, especially snow. This thing goes like a billy goat and fills you with a sense of security. Many times during my freeway commute I'd regularly see all sizes of cars off the road, stuck or in the ditch as Zippy and I kept on going. My golf clubs fit sideways with 1/4" to spare, but they did fit. This car had a lot of character, a fun spirit, but it was not economical in any way."

Awesome Car

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great in the Snow"

Cons: "None really"

"I've read some of the Reviews of this car And people should state if they have the Auto or the 5 or 6 Speed depending on the year of their car. I currently own (Make Payments) a 2009 Suzuki SX4 AWD 5 speed. It has the 6 CD changer removable GPS Unit, Heated Seats, Heated outside Rear View mirrors. People state that this car is Sluggish I would say that is true if you have the Automatics but it's a what some people would say Peppy if you have the Manual Transmission. I Find it to be extremely comfortable since I commute 64 Miles round Trip. As for the Fuel Mileage right now I'm getting about 26 MPG with the Winter blend of gas But in the summer I get anywhere for 32-38 MPG. Car goes great in the Snow. Just got to change out the junk All Seasons for Good Quality Snow Tires. Overall This car is a Fun Little Car."

Nice car

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pros: "IAWD, standard features & options work well"

Cons: "Lousy gas mileage & poor acceleration with the CVT"

"Overall I'm happy with it, but I have a couple of complaints with my 2011 iAWD crossover. The gas mileage isn't great; and lower end acceleration with the CVT is awful. Otherwise it's above average in most all other categories."

Overall great value AWD

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Lots of front seat room!"

Cons: "Pulling hills has transmission downshifting."

"Great little car! Bought the SX4 crossover new in march 0f 2008. At the time there wasn't anything in this price range in an AWD. The car is very solid, no squeaks or rattles,even on washboard roads. It handles our Cascade mountain passes with the original tires with ease in the snow.The only issue we have had with the car is the Keyless start/entry remote failing! MPG isn't outstanding, but expected that with the heavier mass of the AWD. Roughly, 22-23 in town and 28-30 on the hiway."

Super car, great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Car handles good and I have gone as high as 38mpg in good conditions. Performance is quick, and stable. Comfort is even better than some much larger luxery cars. This is my second Suzuki. My first was a 2000 Baleno SLX - SW 4x4 which I drove in Russia for 7 years without any major problems. Much roomer than any other car we tested in its class. Very comfortable on long trips as we have driven it 10 to 13 hours stopping only for gas. I can recommend the SX4 to anyone."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki SX4 near Honolulu. See local deals