2008 Suzuki SX4

8.3

Based on 274 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Just OK

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I bought the first SX4 in Alabama, or so the dealer told me. Definitely the first one from that dealer. Wanted a 4x4 but didn't want a big one that guzzled gas big-time. On that score, I am happy, though for such a small car, I would've thought they could engineer at least 30 mpg with AWD turned off. 27 or 28 is close though, so OK. Had some consistent problems with a sensor near the oil filter that would trigger the Check Engine Light every time I changed the oil. Even when I took it to the dealership for an oil change and warned them about it, it still happened. Every time it happened my mileage suffered by about 5 - 8 mpg, so I had to take more time off from work to get the computer reset. Suzuki has kept taking care of the problem even though I'm past the warranty in miles, but it's still a design flaw and very annoying, so points are taken off for it from me. Had the car almost two years and I'm ready to trade it in. Can't say it's junk, and can't say it's a real prize. It's pretty so-so. Just not exciting enough to make me want to keep it any longer."

Suddenly I love winter driving

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"I have had the SX4 for only a month, but have driven thru 2 major snowstorms. I can't believe how well this car handles icy roads and my unplowed driveway. (It hugs dry roads even better!) I saved $3500 over my second choice, the Subaru Impreza and could not be happier. No other car offers this many quality features for this value. I can't wait to use the fold-down seats when my landscaping business starts up in the spring."

Rugged little car!!

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Seperate2 wheel and 4 wheel abilities,26 mpg city,"

Cons: "alittle small for full figured people"

"I have owened the SX4 since new , This well built little car WILL GO ANYWHERE (Even 4x4 trails ) Just throw a set of jeep rims with some decent tires on it and go muddin ,I regularly follow my friends when they go 4 wheelin(i did install frnt$rear skid plates and a 2 inch lift )Put some 215 75 grabbers and WOW this in 4x4 lock is unstopable LOVE the car!! great for maine winters and mud season 26 an 32 mpg handles solid on the road, good rigid suspension , BUT do not try to fit 5 people in 4's good"

Great little car!

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "great in the snow/rain, fun to drive"

Cons: "same gas mileage as SUVs"

"I got this car after looking at SUV's to get the AWD or 4WD capability. This car was in the show room of the one dealership we went to look at a used Ford Escape. While he was getting the keys, I noticed the car, and that it was AWD. I LOVED the idea of driving a car safely in the snow/rain instead of a big chunky SUV. And it's been a blessing ever since. It is a BEAST in the snow, and I never am afraid to drive anymore. The stability control is a great help, and kicks in for EVERYTHING, so I'm never slipping. Especially when you have those slush piles in between lanes on the highway, and you want to change lanes...not one little slip, it's amazing! It's also very fun to drive, and suprisingly has a lot of space for passengers. The only thing concerning us is that the trunk looks like it might be too small for a stroller...and we're currently pregnant! We're waiting for the shower to see how the stroller fits, and we're very upset to even think about trading it in for a larger SUV."

SX4

By on Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Sometimes its hard to see when there is another vehicle coming. You have to look around the trim that comes down to connect the windshield, between window area, or if someone is going to walk by. Also my son is tall, he has a hard time fitting into the car. He is only 14 but not comfortable on long trip. OK for just a normal size person. He is 6' tall. I like the car for just me. I have have had brake issues, squeaks most of the time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki SX4 near Honolulu. See local deals