2001 Suzuki Swift Consumer Reviews

Almost Indistructable

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"I bought my car new in 1995. I used it mostly to and from work driving almost 160 mi round trip for 3 years. In the 3 years I drove to work it only let me down twice due to severe Colorado snow fall. It handled great in all weathers, superb gas milage and I hated to part with. I finally sold to family friend at 180,000 mi and some minor scratches due to my wife trying to back over it with her big bad truck. Now I am keeping my eye out for another. I would highly recommend to any new and old car owner. Fun and economical."

diamond in the rough

By on Friday, August 8, 2008

"Bought my 2000 Swift in 2005. It had 30,000 miles on it. I have 63,000 on it now, in2008 . Had the timing belt and the water pump replaced. It didn't need it , but had it done anyway. I drove from Colorado to Oregon straight through and didn't get buttitis. It still averages about 39 miles to the gallon, all the time. City and highway combined. The engine has a air leak somewhere, resulting in a high pitched whistle at certain RPM's, which doesn't seem to affect performance, but drives me crazy. Stopped at a dealer, and spoke to the line mechanic, who said yes , he was aware of the problem , but could not pinpoint the cause. I wasn't going to keep this car, but with gas prices so high , I think I'll hang onto it. Great car for getting to work and urban errands. A bit noisy, but with a good stereo, who cares? I've talked to people that have 150,000 miles plus on this same year car, with no problems. Which means I could be driving this until I retire."

my little green rollerskate friend

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"bought my 1995 suzuki swift in 1996 at 9,100 miles for $6k. still have it at 211,000 miles and still going strong. gets 45 miles per gallon on the highway (5 speed). was used 3 years on a newspaper route, loaded to the gills on sundays (75 miles round trip). my daughter drove it for 1.5 years and it still survived. best and most durable car i've ever owned .... so far ...."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted