1998 Suzuki Swift

Based on 28 Ratings for the 1995 - 2001 models.

Almost Indistructable

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"I bought my car new in 1995. I used it mostly to and from work driving almost 160 mi round trip for 3 years. In the 3 years I drove to work it only let me down twice due to severe Colorado snow fall. It handled great in all weathers, superb gas milage and I hated to part with. I finally sold to family friend at 180,000 mi and some minor scratches due to my wife trying to back over it with her big bad truck. Now I am keeping my eye out for another. I would highly recommend to any new and old car owner. Fun and economical."

My favorite Car

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"I'm the second owner of this vehicle and drive it daily. I bought a new car, and still prefer to drive this one over it. It's a fun car to drive and very reliable. Highly recommend it. Super on gas cost anywhere from $17 to $21 to fill up and last to nearly 400 miles per fill up. Parts are hard to find, recently replaced 5th gear, slider and the bill wasn't very high for it either. Replaced the side mirrors at least once. People seem to take it. I don't want to sell it."

wonderfull little car!

By on Friday, July 04, 2008

"This is the same as a Geo metro. With Gas at 4.00 dollars a gallon this thing is worth its weight in gold! I have a 1.3 litre manual 3 door hatch back. I put a K&N air filter on it and a turbo muffler for about 30.00 and I get 40 miles a gallon at 80 mph on the interstate. I cant imagine what I would get at 65 mph. With the 5 speed its surprisingly peppy. I bought it with 57,000 orginal miles and put on another 30,000 with absolutely no repairs or breakdowns, it purrs like a sewing machine. I paid 1,500 for it and i've already had an offer for 3,500!!!"

MOST DEPENDABLE EVER

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I absolutely love this little car. It has surpassed expectation. In fact it's the 3rd one I have owned and only once have I ever had a problem. It needed a spark plug. It's not the most comfortable car, but I got it for commuting around town. And it sure does that and cheap on gas too best car I have ever owned! I would definetly recommend it to a friend!"

Good 1st Car

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"I have had this car since i turned sixteen. It was a cute little car to start with. Its very easy to park in little spaces or to glide through other cars. It goes pretty fast for its little size, about 90 mph. The only problem i have ever had with it is my exhaust which i've had to replace about 5 times in the last three years. Also, my ignition fuse blew once. But the gas milage is awesome, and its a really good car. I have wrecked it once and it withstood the blow. The only downfall is probably not having power steering and the lights point up above the road which makes it hard to see (but it may just be mine!). I get made fun of a lot for it, but at 70,000 miles it still goes strong. It also handles pretty well in the snow for me."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Swift near Honolulu. See local deals