1996 Suzuki Swift

Based on 29 Ratings for the 1995 - 2001 models.

Almost Indistructable

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"I bought my car new in 1995. I used it mostly to and from work driving almost 160 mi round trip for 3 years. In the 3 years I drove to work it only let me down twice due to severe Colorado snow fall. It handled great in all weathers, superb gas milage and I hated to part with. I finally sold to family friend at 180,000 mi and some minor scratches due to my wife trying to back over it with her big bad truck. Now I am keeping my eye out for another. I would highly recommend to any new and old car owner. Fun and economical."

diamond in the rough

By on Friday, August 8, 2008

"Bought my 2000 Swift in 2005. It had 30,000 miles on it. I have 63,000 on it now, in2008 . Had the timing belt and the water pump replaced. It didn't need it , but had it done anyway. I drove from Colorado to Oregon straight through and didn't get buttitis. It still averages about 39 miles to the gallon, all the time. City and highway combined. The engine has a air leak somewhere, resulting in a high pitched whistle at certain RPM's, which doesn't seem to affect performance, but drives me crazy. Stopped at a dealer, and spoke to the line mechanic, who said yes , he was aware of the problem , but could not pinpoint the cause. I wasn't going to keep this car, but with gas prices so high , I think I'll hang onto it. Great car for getting to work and urban errands. A bit noisy, but with a good stereo, who cares? I've talked to people that have 150,000 miles plus on this same year car, with no problems. Which means I could be driving this until I retire."

my little green rollerskate friend

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"bought my 1995 suzuki swift in 1996 at 9,100 miles for $6k. still have it at 211,000 miles and still going strong. gets 45 miles per gallon on the highway (5 speed). was used 3 years on a newspaper route, loaded to the gills on sundays (75 miles round trip). my daughter drove it for 1.5 years and it still survived. best and most durable car i've ever owned .... so far ...."

Very reliable along with great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage very reliable, low maintenance"

Cons: "Air conditioning is weak"

"Very reliable, low maintenance along with great gas mileage. Air conditioning is a little weak. Great commuter vehicle"

Great Economy Vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Great gas mileage (35 mpg and up). Cheap to fix for mechanical problesm. Kind of noisy and stiff ride. I've put about 200,000 miles on one vehicle (4 cylinder), and within it's limitations (two passengers comfortably; stay within the speed limit, take care if it mechanically) I really haven't seen anything that beats it. Faster driving does cut the gas mileage very noticably; the best I've done is 41.5 mpg @ 65 mph (800 mile trip); at 80 mph it should get 30 mpg. It was a definite bargain for $6000 with 18,500 miles in 1999. The stars in the rating may not add up, but I put a LOT of emphasis on mileage and dependability, and very little on style and performance as far as hot rodding type stuff. Comfort takes a hit due to the back seats, but I don't need that."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Swift near Honolulu. See local deals