2008 Suzuki Reno

6.9

Based on 95 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

7.4/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10

LOVE MY RENO!!!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "great value, versatile, comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "base model has no cruise control"

"It's not fancy, and there is nothing specifically outstanding or "fun" about this car, but it is the best car I have ever owned. It is nice looking, spacious, comfortable, and reliable (haven't had to do a single thing outside of the routine maintenance). The cargo space is incredibly versatile. It's truly amazing how much you can fit into such a seemingly small car. The legroom is also great in front and back. Car performs and handles well. It is quiet and has pretty good pick-up for a 4 cyl. Great Gas Mileage--I average about 30 mpg (that's more than the advertised amount). I have the base model, which has power doors and windows, but no cruise control. That's the only thing I wish it had. Other than that, this car is perfect!!"

Great car

By on Friday, February 1, 2008

"Bought mine with 6k miles on it. Added cruise control, lighter drive pulley, and high flow exhaust. I love this car, great quality you'd expect from suzuki. You'll be hard pressed to find an equally equiped car at this price. I'm 6'1 and I had no problems driving this across the US. I've taken it on the german Autobahn, no stability problems at 130+. Yes this car goes 130+ I recommend this to anyone on a budget looking to get the most bang for the buck."

Can't beat it

By on Monday, December 14, 2009

"We bought our '07 Reno new (20 miles) in Nov. 07. The only shop-time was for a squeaky control-arm bushing just after purchase. Nothing else has gone bad. We really like this little guy. Mileage 26/31.5. Was originally intended to be a two-year car, but we'll go three years because it has been such a good car. I'd buy another one in a heart-beat. The only negative ( it IS a small car) I can mention is that at highway speeds, 80+, a cross-wind will be a problem. No surprise there."

Great car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"I bought this car in 2005 new, only 10 miles on it. It has all the bells and whistles from the moon roof to cruise control and rims. I had no choices except the color at the time. I paid 13,9 for it. I get about 20 mpg in the city and around 32 on the hwy. I just put new tires and a new battery on it, other then that NO issues at all. The great thing about it also is, my husband fits in it with no problem and he's 6'3 almost 300lbs. I recommend this car to anyone and everyone looking for a car."

My First Brand New Car!!!

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, Affordable, Fun, Spacious for a 5-door"

Cons: "Tire replacement, air conditioning, uncomfortable"

"This car has driven from Colorado to NY twice, and from Colorado to California once! I drove this car for 3 years as a delivery driver and I never had to worry about it starting for a shift. It is probably one of the most dependable things in my life. So, I bought this car in 2009 since that time I have had one issue with the clutch (it was covered under the manufacturer warranty) and honestly I was just learning manual, so it might have been my fault! I have had one break job, the timing belt replaced at 95,000 miles (30,000 miles over the car's manual recommendation), and the shocks & struts replaced. Keep in mind I was a delivery driver for 3 years, so I blame most of the struts issues on all the potholes I just blazed through on the clock. All of the work done on this car was done before there was a problem. No surprises or disappointment just maintenance! Areas to consider: it's not very comfortable for a long road trips. The interior is pretty simple, there aren't a lot of bells and whistles. The air conditioning has never really kept the inside cold. Cooler than the outside sure but with 3 people in the car the interior temperature maybe held at 72 degrees. I have replaced the tires a lot! I'm about to purchase my 4th set of tires, so you don't have a lot options to upgrade quality when it comes to tires. That's all I can think as far as negatives. Some more positives: I only fill my gas tank once every two weeks and put about 30 miles on my car a day. I have avoided at least 2 potentially fatal car accidents in this car (it's maneuvering capability is outstanding)I mostly drove this car in Denver and in Albuquerque if that means anything to you. I still have the car BTW and I hope you give it to my kid one day! I don't know if that's naive but so far the way the car has preformed I think it's possible."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Reno near Honolulu. See local deals