2012 Suzuki Kizashi

9.6

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great car

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

"Fun car to drive, yet still very comfortable. Cvt takes some getting used to, but not a big deal."

Great value and lots of fun!

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "Sexy and fun. Handles well. Lots of features."

Cons: "Sluggish CVT, paint chips, TPMS"

"I'll say that this car is simply amazing for the price. Lot's of great features one would typically only find on a higher-end vehicle: (projector headlamps, foglights, Sat-Nav, Traction-control, push-button start, sport-shift, etc..) Sporty and solid. Very plucky once the CVT gets spooled-up. Handling is tight and agile for a rather heavy vehicle. Flappy-paddle shifters on the wheel are a fun touch. The interior is well-appointed and doesn't have a cheap feel. Cabin space is very roomy with lots of hiding places and cup-holders. Trunk is massive! The Rockford Fosgate stereo sounds pretty good for a factory unit. Seats are comfortable. Interior lighting is pretty cool too. *A few minor things that are annoying thus far: 1. Paint chips are a bit ridiculous for a car with 15K. I hear that Suzuki has had issues with that in these models, but I can live with it now. Buy a hood protector, for sure! 2. The washer sprayers. They're just not adequate in my opinion and spray a bit willy-nilly. Not a big deal, either, but it could have been better. 3. The CVT still feels pretty sloppy at low speeds. I think it gets to 6th gear way too soon and bogs down at low speeds. It goes like mad when you get the throttle down, though. 4. It's got some massive blind-spots, particularly from the A-pillar and big side-view mirrors. Seeing out the back is a bit difficult, but my model has a backup camera and that helps. All-in-all, though, I think it's really an amazing car and I'd recommend it. It has it's faults, but what car doesn't? I haven't had any reliability issues as of yet so I did not rate for it. Hopefully, they will be few and far between."

Lot of car for a little money.. ! ! ! ! !

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cons: "Can't think of any cons right now... :)"

"I bought the car new and really love it. Has a really great suspension, very nimble and agile. Really great pick up and good fuel mileage. The car is fully loaded and looks really cute too. Love to drive it gets lots of looks."

Nice ride

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "Great price,fun drive"

"Sporty good looks and comfortable ride at a great price. Guess Suzuki put the money into the vehicle and not advertising. Compares favorably with cars costing a whole lot more."

good price, fun to drive, great handling, solid

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "good price, fun to drive, solid feel, great sporty"

"I fell in love with this car immediately! It handles beautifully, has a high end feel with a quality interior. This is a fun car to drive! I use the manual option most of the time, which seems to boost the mpg. It has a sporty look and feel, a solid ride and superb handling on winding roads."

Best value and look for price

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

"Although Suzuki America filed for bankruptcy,I would buy this car again.Dealer in my city is signed on for warranty work.Choice between this,Sonata,Optima,Accord,.Camry,Altima,or any other comparable car was a no brainer."

Pleasantly surprised. Better than you'd think.

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Value AWD luxury for cheap!"

Cons: "more ponies would be nice..."

"I've owned many high end cars... This feels and drives like an entry AUDI, SAAB or BMW! For the price of this thing nothing even comes close. For the price I actually paid (way below sticker) it's a G-D steal! I have a fully loaded 13 SLS. It fully rivals the last SAAB I had, only the AWD makes this one better. If this holds up and isn't problematic this will be the best purchase I have ever made. What a fantastic underrated car. Get one, you won't be disappointed. Oh, right... you can't get one anymore. I'm glad I got one of the last ones. Couldn't care less about the implied poor resale since Suzuki pulled out of the US... I'm not selling it :) Drive it... I don't know what it really is, but I can't believe it is really a Suzuki! A friend from Europe says this is a direct competitor to the entry luxury brands and costs way more there..."

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Great, easy to drive, and stylish."

Cons: "Dealerships hard to find, and back leg room"

"I have had my car for a year now, and I love it. It is easy to drive, comfortable for long drives, and I have not seen one person in town with a car like mine. The only thing that I would recommend is more leg room in the back and closer to a dealership for the Key Fob to be replaced. Another great feature is the sound that comes from the speakers, hands free blue tooth, and a memory setting for the driver's seat."

Outstanding Value For the Money

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Value for the money and a mean looking stance"

Cons: "Minor glitches regarding placement of controls"

"The Kisashi Sport GTS handles like a German engineered car. The details mirror that of pricier cars, and the handling is quick and nimble. Fuel consumption is respectable within the neighborhood of 29 mpg's H/W, and 25 city. Output horsepower is rated at 185; not quite that most powerful of engines albeit, but you'd never know it, by the way it pulls away when you put the pedal to the metal. It comfortably seats five, and allows plenty of leg room provided you're not 6 foot or taller. Fully equipped it will run you approx. $25K. The NAV system leaves a lot to be desired, so I don't recommend it. Better off with your own suction style windshield mounted GPS. Yes, there are a few minor quirks, but nothing worth a wasteful complaint on. Overall the car aims to please, and will not disappoint."

KIZASHI -- strange name, great vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Stylish quality inside and out; comfort and mpg"

Cons: "defunct after March 31, 2013."

"Suzuki failed to catch on in the US because it chose to have a scarcity mentality in two areas: advertizing and dealership network. I suppose the company thought it could give the money back on the sticker, but nobody knew who Suzuki was. My mechanic put me on to Suzuki in 2002, and I've owned nothing else since. The Kizashi is the King of the Hill. It has beautiful paint (I have the pearl white metallic--gorgeous) & unique styling outside and space & taste inside.I've actually had people follow me to a parking spot to find out what the car was...more than once. In the first 6 weeks of ownership, I've averaged 35.7 mpg --considerably better than the estimates. I have the 6-speed and drive conservatively, but still!! The sound system is terrific, lines of vision all around are good, The color scheme is interesting, and the features are ridiculous for a car of this price range. Even the interior lighting speaks of luxury. I'm sad to see Suzuki leave. Their autos are solid performers and elite in what they offer according to price. I'm not at all afraid to buy. The brand is very durable."

Great car...Great ride...Dark Horse Kizashi SLS

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Great interior-exterior, solid mechanically"

Cons: "Lacks leg room in the back"

"Almost 50K miles of commuting and I have only seen one other car like mine on the road in Southern California. This car would have done great if Suzuki did some advertising. Most people have never heard of my car. Runs great, quality of interior is great...drives like a european car. I have previously owned Mercedes, Volkswagen and this car drives just as nice. Handles well, good feel on the road and is mechanically sound. Awesome job Suzuki!"

LOVE the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Handles like a European car-mechanically sound"

Cons: "back seat leg room- lack of dealerships if needed"

"This car runs great-looks great-100% quality inside and out. No mechanical problems, no brake repairs, even after 48K. MPG approx 29 HWY-parking lot for Southern Cal and 26 City. Back seat could have used a little more room for taller passengers. Very few dealerships out in Southern Calif. Went through a few high performance tires-going on 3rd set. No problems w/CVT 180 HP helps. This car has been wonderful :)"

Love my Kizashi!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"Great Handling, Awesome looks. Very comfortable interior, suites a family of 4 just fine. Great Gas mileage, comfortable ride, sporty look and fun to drive. I have the 6 speed manual transmission and it has a good amount of get up and go for a 4 cyl. Overall you cannot find a better car for the price!"

What a gem!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful design,stunning paint,loaded w/features"

Cons: "Too few dealers"

A real head-turner

"With the Kizashi, Suzuki broke through with a full-sized winner. It rides big and provides all of the creature comforts a person could want. Its style inside and out turns heads. I've actually had people follow me to find out what I'm driving! The downside for Suzuki is what always has plagued the product line -- too few dealers and no meaningful advertising. But I love having a unique automobile in a parking lot filled with predictable derivative offerings from the big boys. I regret that Suzuki could not break through in the American market. But I have absolutely no regrets for having owned them. Did I tell you that I average 34.9 mpg?"

A real head-turner

Excellent car for the money

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Quality feel, great value"

Cons: "engine / transmission is a little noisy."

"I was looking at a 2012 Subaru Legacy, but after comparing the equipment side by side, the Kizashi is hands down the best value. If you are looking to be outside of all the toyota's, Honda's and Subaru's circle, this is overall the best choice. I just love the nice upscale feel/lighting of the interior. Especially with the leather seat package. And the awd is great to have in bad climate. The engine is a 2.4 litre, and is chain driven, which does not require timing belt change...which means less maintence and more driving enjoyment, which i really like."

So far so good!

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

"I just bought a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi. It is too early for me to give a fare rating on the car. But I can tell you this. I am 6 feet 2 inches tall and weigh 380 lbs. I was surprised on how well I can fit into this car and how easy it is to get in and out of it. I have plenty of room inside this car. Grant it, I won't be getting in the back seat anytime. But the front has more then enough room for me."

The Kizashi is a great, well built car.

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Quality, fuel economy, safety, looks expensive"

"Our 2010 Kizashi has been a wonderful car for us.The car feels solid, and can be bought at a very low price. It is easy to do the maintenance myself. Suzuki even has a website were you can get all the info on maintenance, and repair procedures, for a very small fee. We average 29 miles per gallon, with an average speed of 35 MPH on our dash display. Ours is an all wheel drive Kizashi. I just bought another one on 8/28/12, a 2012 AWD S model. We have two now!"

best car I have driven in awhile!

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Price, Fun to drive, Great quality."

Cons: "all in all they are to minor to list."

"For the money this car has it all! Has a great eye appeal, exterior and interior. This car handles amazing, hugs the road like it was made for it. Solid feel behind the wheel and very quiet on the inside while going down the road with a smooth ride. Very comforatable ride for those long road trips. To me your pretty much getting an audi, subaru, cadillac car built into Suzuki at a better price! Cant beat that. only cons I can point out is its a little slower on the take off but witht the cvt transmission you really have to watch it because your goin 60mph without even knowing it and how quiet the ride is. The other is the MPG, getting the same as most v6's but with the AWD its worth it. Great car!!"

You won't be Sorry...Buy it.

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Price, Quality, AWD, Ride, Handling, Features"

Cons: "Buzzy Engine Noise, CVT takes a bit to get use to."

"We bought a low mileage 2010 GTS. My wife needed to replace her 2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD (Daughter is taking the Vibe to College)and her must have was AWD. I did a ton of research and it came down to a used Subaru Legacy or a Kizashi. Once you compare the two on the used market the Subaru does hold it's value..too well. You just can't get it with low miles at an affordable price. When you really dig into it the Kizashi is actually just as solid and reliable as a Subaru but is equipped much better and for a better price. The one thing that really does set Kizashi apart is the AWD can be turned off. This gets you much better gas mileage. Our Vibe is AWD all the time and the gas mileage suffers from it. We have averaged 26 mpg with primarily in town driving. We were able to get our Kizashi under book price and added a 7 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper aftermarket warranty for just 1500.00(Never used it yet). This still come in thousands of dollars under a much higher mileage used Legacy. We bought from a reputable dealer and he was actually shocked on the cost of the warranty. He said that the low price indicates that they don't have many issues with the car. We keep our cars that's why we bought the warranty. The car itself has been bullet proof. It's just a plain fantastic car. It's the prefect size for everyday use. The ride and Handling are fantastic. It does take a bit to get use to the CVT transmission but once you do, it's great. Engine is a bit buzzy. This car is a solid bargain that shouldn't be passed up!!!"

Have only owned this car one week, I'm in love ...

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "Overall package for the money, plus AWD."

Cons: "Can't think of any ... maybe fuel economy."

"Just purchased the Sport GTS AWD. Great car for Pittsburgh winters. Car runs great, handles extremely well, and the sound system will blow your mind. this is my fourth Suzuki, and they have all been very good, reliable cars. This one is definitely a cut above the others."

One of the Best AWD affordable Mid Size Sedans

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, AWD, Design, Comfort and Safety"

Cons: "Non Direct Injection"

"I own a 2011 Kizashi SLS AWD with Navi. 40,000 miles so far...always on the road between Ann Arbor, Chicago and Bloomington. So far, the best car for that PRICE. The Navigation and Audio systems are excellent, great design, outstanding dinamycs, and well balance AWD system...which is my best friend on the roads to Michigan during the winter days."

Awesome car in its own class!!

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Pros: "Looks, handling, ride, gas mileage, power, value"

Cons: "Would like to have more control of the ipod"

I like that the Kazashi stands out in a crowd. Easy to find in the parking lot.

"I absolutely love our Kazashi Sport SLS. I was looking for a somewhat sporty sedan with everything but navigation, because I like to use my Garmin. On most cars the Nav system is part of a package and if you don't get it then you are not getting something else that you want. The Kazashi is a very good handling car. Everything about it feels really solid and it looks absolutely beautiful. I just love driving it. In fact, I still find myself looking for excuses to go somewhere just to get behind the wheel. I was a little concerned about getting the Sport SLS because I thought it would ride too rough. It rides very well. The ride is taught, but the car manages to absorb all the bumps and gives you a feeling of confidence while driving it. The inside materials including the leather is an outstanding quality. I have had other cars with leather, but this leather is more supple and doesn't get as hot in the summer. The seats are very comfortable and have plenty of adjustments and three memory settings. My wife just loves the his and hers climate control because she is always turning the blower down and I am turning it up, but this car we can each set our own. The radio is the best I have had in a car before and the bluetooth streaming is really cool. It remembers where you were on the song and restarts it from your phone the next time you start the car. The engine has enough power to get the job done, but not enough to get you into trouble :). It is a good trade off between power and gas mileage. I am averaging 32-33 mpg on the highway running around 75 mph. I did have one trip with a lot of traffic where I got 34.5 over 210 miles. I guess the traffic helps with drafting. I have had to pass cars on winding two lane roads and it was up to the task and did well. I was also a little concerned about the trunk size. On paper it is 13.3 cubic feet and my previous car was 14.5. However, it is designed well with no wasted space. Our two large suitcases still fit so we are good to go. The trunk seems bigger than the 13.3 CF because all of the space is useable. But, when we looked at the car and drove it, and I commented that maybe our suitcases didn't fit, we liked the car so much, my wife and I looked and each other and said, "we'll get smaller suitcases"! In summary, I get comments everywhere I go asking about the car because everyone loves the looks of it. It has great mileage, looks, adequate power, and all the creature comforts you need. It even has a few features I didn't think I needed but can't do without now. I would definately recommend this car to anyone who wants a sporty sedan between the size of a compact and midsize. By the way, for us the size is perfect."

I like that the Kazashi stands out in a crowd. Easy to find in the parking lot.

super vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Pros: "Color,leather,dash,ride and looks very expensive"

"Just purchased. Great sporty auto that has received many compliments. I am over 6 feet and about 240 lbs. Very comfortable. Car loaded. I would be toooo but enjoy driving this car toooooooo much!!!!!"

Love it!!!

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pros: "Looks,mpg,handling,qwality"

Cons: "Don't know yet...."

"I own 2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE,I've had a lot of jap.cars before. For a while a was a honda accord fan until I saw a Kizashi! Took it for a test drive and bought it the same day. I like everything about this car. I have it for olmost 2 yrs haven't had a problem with it."

2011 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT, Excellent car!

By on Friday, May 18, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good value, solid, good looking"

Cons: "see my review"

"Unlike some other reviewers that did a lot of research and test drove other vehicles, I bought this car on a whim. And I don't have the least regret. Some background, saw my first Kizashi at a hotel at the SFO airport, 6/11 really liked the looks. Went on the Internet and read the positive reviews by both the automotive press and consumers. Ended up taking a test drive and fell in love with it. Purchased it 7/31/11. This trim level includes all the accessories, options except for XM radio. I confess I had some reliability issues within the first month, which was really disconcerting. particularly, some incorrectly latched ignition connectors that required 2 service visits. However, American Suzuki provided a rental car and roadside service. That was back in Aug, 11, not a single problem since. Words that come to mind, a drivers car, solid, substantial, fun to drive, beautiful, value oriented, performance, great handling, quiet, smooth, responsive, luxurious, distinctive, I appreciate the attention to detail. I have taken my car out to the track and I would rate it a 4 on the track for acceleration on the straightways and 5 in the turns but a 5 for every day driving. The paddle shifters simulate a manual transmission which are great when you're carving a back road. Reliability a 5 no further problems. Mileage averages 26-32 mpg. The CVT takes some getting used to, but the car is so smooth and quiet that you think you're not moving but then you look in the rear view mirror and the cars behind get smaller quickly. This car is so comfortable for long drives. Excellent supportive seats, great sound system. I had spent $2,500 to upgrade the sound system in the 2009 Honda Civic Si coupe that I owned to overcome the road, engine noise. This car has a Rockford Fosgate 10 speaker system with subwoofer and DSP, excellent sound quality, clear, detailed, accurate, wide soundstage. This car, is a great sensual, aural, tactile experience. I personally, am not interested in making a statement, but more concerned with performance, handling, value, distinctiveness. The vivid red paint is rich and deep. My GF owned a 2001 Suzuki Vitara with over 100K miles and she never had a problem. I also own a 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle and I have had one issue in 9 years, a cooling fan that needed replacement. Based on those experiences and with the warranty, I took the plunge. You'll read reviews about the lack of a turbo or V6, would be nice, small back seat, scarce dealer network, all real issues, but if you need a bigger car, get one. If supersizing your car isn't a priority seriously consider this vehicle, I don't believe you'll be disappointed."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Kizashi near Honolulu. See local deals