2010 Suzuki Kizashi

9.5

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Eye catching good gas alternative

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, CVT smooth, catches eyes"

Cons: "too few to complain"

"I purchased this vehicle a year after so I got away from all of the lost cost driving off of the dealer lot. At 12000 miles new to me It was still in excellent condition and couldnt even tell it was a year old. I have the Sport SLS model and for the price the thing is loaded with options and extras. Not just fancy wood on the dash or a whatever switch that really has no use. I have two girls 5-10 so the black leather is amazing and holding up really well and even the plastic and buttons, that I have seen on other cheaper forgein models, are holding up nicely. I cant tell you how many times I have been in a parking lot and had people come up just to see exactly what it is because there arent many on the road.... Hopefully that is not an issue when it comes to repair time so I guess we will see that way. It is a little noisy with the light 4 cylinder road noise wise. and even though it looks fast and furious per say its not going to be beating too many off the light. However, it is wonderfully smooth and once you put better tires on it, it handles the road like a champs. I live in mountainous and windy area and you just feel comfortable taking any corner. I would recommend this rig for sure. Hesitant about repairs since SUZUKI is no longer going to sell in US. But I will just keep enjoying the nice ride until that time comes."

This car has ggrown" on me.

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Good acceleration,gas mileage,handling, finish."

Cons: "The car is no longer being brought into the US."

"I bought the car because it had a manual transmission and was bigger and more comfortable than the Cobalt that I had. At the time, I did not know that the American car division of Suzuki was bankrupt and that no more cars were being imported. The dealership didn't tell me at the time of purchase. The car handles well, stops well and is quite comfortable over the road. If anything, it is too convenient. The key fob allows me to open the doors and trunk and start the car without a key. This has been a complaint about other cars in the US as well. I average 33-34 mpg. I use synthetic oil and Suzuki filters to maintain warranty. The car had no spare tire just an inflation kit. I bought a spare wheel and tire after a hole in the tire could not be repaired with the kit. The only questionable aspect of the car is that the engine compression will not hold the car on a grade with the car in first gear. I have to use the parking brake ( which works very well) to keep the car from rolling backwards."

Great Car!

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, dependability, driveability"

Cons: "Driver's seat position, factory wheels"

"I bought my certified pre-owned 2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE almost two years ago. I spend most of my time traveling on the highway and average around 37mpg. The best I have seen is 42.9mpg over several occasions, but this is generally traveling at 53mph with less than a 1/4 tank of gas. The car is fun to drive; I love my CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), mainly for its engine braking. The CVT transmission also has a fun select shift mode, and when engaged will provide a digital read out of which speed you are in located on the instrument panel, and will automatically down shift when coming to a stop. The car has a great braking system. I hardly have to apply any force to my brakes because the CVT transmission does most of the stopping! The position of the driver’s seat is different to say the least; however I came from driving a sports sedan to this so the position is very different. At 5' 10" sitting in the driver’s seat can feel rather snug at times thanks to a tall seat height and close steering wheel. The car offers comfortable back seats, and I would rate them about average when it comes to leg room. The trunk is quite large with four tie down points and a neat cargo compartment in the spare tire area. The cars stereo is descent but not impressive. The base stereo offers AM/FM, XM, Single MP3 CD, and USB."

Great car

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

"Fun car to drive, yet still very comfortable. Cvt takes some getting used to, but not a big deal."

Great value and lots of fun!

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "Sexy and fun. Handles well. Lots of features."

Cons: "Sluggish CVT, paint chips, TPMS"

"I'll say that this car is simply amazing for the price. Lot's of great features one would typically only find on a higher-end vehicle: (projector headlamps, foglights, Sat-Nav, Traction-control, push-button start, sport-shift, etc..) Sporty and solid. Very plucky once the CVT gets spooled-up. Handling is tight and agile for a rather heavy vehicle. Flappy-paddle shifters on the wheel are a fun touch. The interior is well-appointed and doesn't have a cheap feel. Cabin space is very roomy with lots of hiding places and cup-holders. Trunk is massive! The Rockford Fosgate stereo sounds pretty good for a factory unit. Seats are comfortable. Interior lighting is pretty cool too. *A few minor things that are annoying thus far: 1. Paint chips are a bit ridiculous for a car with 15K. I hear that Suzuki has had issues with that in these models, but I can live with it now. Buy a hood protector, for sure! 2. The washer sprayers. They're just not adequate in my opinion and spray a bit willy-nilly. Not a big deal, either, but it could have been better. 3. The CVT still feels pretty sloppy at low speeds. I think it gets to 6th gear way too soon and bogs down at low speeds. It goes like mad when you get the throttle down, though. 4. It's got some massive blind-spots, particularly from the A-pillar and big side-view mirrors. Seeing out the back is a bit difficult, but my model has a backup camera and that helps. All-in-all, though, I think it's really an amazing car and I'd recommend it. It has it's faults, but what car doesn't? I haven't had any reliability issues as of yet so I did not rate for it. Hopefully, they will be few and far between."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Kizashi near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for