• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,390 - $19,387.

10/5.0

8.2

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great Value!

By on Monday, October 20, 2008

"Overall excellent rating as GV has been very reliable, plenty of power, decent gas mileage, great styling, teriffic value compared to RAV4 or CRV. Couple this with excellent factory warranty and you have a great value. Only complaint is the amount of road noise that drums in from the tires. Hoping when I change to a better quality tire (from factory original Yokohamas), road noise will diminish. It's quite loud down the freeway at 65mph!"

I can't believe Americans have not embraced brand

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Oil consumption"

"This is my fourth Suzuki, three previous ones in Europe. Bought brand new. Only two flaws; axle too narrow for carefree freeway driving on ice but a good set of tires takes care of that problem, and, significant oil consumption but apparently lubricating well all moving parts. Other than that, the most maintenance free vehicle you will ever buy. Tougher than nails, you just can't break them. We tested their off-road capabilities extensively in a 4x4 club. Six cylinder incredibly smooth, coupled with an amazing tranny. 4x4 system ahead of its time. 22mpg average. Looks also ahead of its time; still one of the best looking SUVs on the road. I can't believe Americans have not embraced brand. Of course Suzuki is pulling out of North America- they can't make money if their cars don't break down and still look good after six years. By the way, after six years of operation in Northern Michigan with snow/ice/salt/road grime, there is NO RUST. Rusting Suzukis is a big myth!!"

Best value/4WD ever!

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Pros: "Low cost to maintain, great control in snow"

Cons: "somewhat frequent brake replacement"

"This is my second Suzuki auto built in Japan, sold in US. The price was practically a steal. The vehicle is the best for winter driving w/ full-time AWD and 4WD option for greater control. My first Suzuki gave me 274,000 awesome driving miles with extremely low maintenance costs over the lifetime. This car is proving to be just as good a value, though brake replacement is more frequent than I would expect. Also, very impressed with the gas mileage (considering the AWD/4WD) and its power going up hills. So disappointed Suzuki has decided not to continue auto sales in US. I had committed to this brand for life for its value and reliability. I would especially recommend this car for young drivers for its low maintenance costs, reliability, safety, control"

Awesome

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "Everything..."

Cons: "Gas milage could be better. K"

"This was my first new car (got it with 500miles on it) in 2006. I have 91000 miles on it and its been great! this thing just keeps going! I plan to make it to 200,000 no joke. I have the oil changed religously and it shows. I have had the transmission fluid changed twice because I want it to run like the day I bought it forever. Sounds overdone I know but whats $200 bucks for a transmission service over a few years of driving. I wish I would have bought it with 4-wheel drive."

Most reliable vichicle ever owned,0 trips for Warr

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Great quality and reliability.xlnt.in snow.Fun veh"

Cons: "Fuel mileage only 22MPG"

"I bought this vechicle new,for size and awd 4wd ability,and for appearence.It is fantastic in the snow,better than my Chevrolet Suburban 4x4.It also came with a 7 year 100,000 mile power train warranty,which at the time was the best in the industry except Hyundai.The only complaints i,ve had were the fuel economy was not as good as i would have liked 20-22 MPG even strictly freeway.The second complaint were the factory tires which were Yokohamas only went 30,000 miles.I got the second set of Yokohamas promising to be much higher mileage than the original ones and only got 20,000.Prorated by discount tire co i,m on my third set and it doesnt seem to be getting any better.Michilens next time."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25