2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Based on 138 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

\

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Very spacious, hauled a lot of furniture."

Cons: "Near the end of its life, gas effeciency was poor."

"This has been an extremely reliable vehicle. I will miss it. I never thought that I would ever find a less expensive SUV to replace my previous car which was a 1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. I bought it in 2000 and until recently only had minor problems. However, it is now 13 yrs old, the engine is smoking and the rear diff is going out."

Great, reliable vehicle with no major problems!

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, easy to maintain"

Cons: "Small SUV that drives more like a truck"

"I bought this vehicle used from a fleet manager special (only driven by the dealer). I have owned it for over ten years and had no problems with it. It has only required routine maintenance. I love the 4WD "shift on the fly" option, going back and forth is so easy. The seats are very comfortable too."

Gets you where you need to go

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of standard luxury features. Trouble free."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"I bought mine used with about 5K miles on it. Was looking for a small SUV, and this offered the most for the money. If you will be driving in snow, you definitely want the 4WD, as the combination of short wheelbase and rear wheel drive makes for a lot of fishtailing in icy conditions. Nudge the transfer case selector into 4WDhigh, and there is an amazing transformation- the truck just becomes totally sure-footed and handles in a predictable manner. In 8 years of driving, my truck needed an expensive battery cable replaced- the cost was about $600 for the cable and installation. Other than that one repair, I have changed oil and fluids regularly, and recharged the A/C once. This truck has been completely trouble free aside from the battery cable for the entire 8 years. I wish gas mileage was better, as the truck only gets about 17MPG. But this is a genuine truck with a ladder frame and 4WD, so it is heavier than most small SUV's. Grand Vitara's come pretty loaded with standard accessories. You get climate control, PW,PL, tilt wheel, cruise control, dual heated side view mirrors, and a small subwoofer under the drivers seat for the stereo all standard. There are very few vehicles that offer this much for the money."

Good Chick Car

By on Friday, April 10, 2009

"This is my 2nd Grand Vitara- I have not had ANY problems with either- Great for a working single Moms with small kids or one big one- I love that I have a car and a truck in one- If I need to carry something big- i just put the seats down- I do not need to ask to barrow a guys truck- yeepy! I went camping for a week with three adults- Very tight- but we did it! Thanks to the luggage rack and you can put one side down in back seat for longer items- I had a Range Rover in between the two- My payment was 2x more and the mileage sucked! I like having the extra money to do things. It handles great in the snow and mt. grades- Too small for guys and its too girlie-"

5 spd fun to drive. good solid suv

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, capable"

Cons: "burns a little oil"

"I bought this car new in Nov. 2000. A few early problems fixed under warrenty. Since then not a problem. I would buy it again."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Grand Vitara near Honolulu. See local deals