2008 Suzuki Forenza

6.1

Based on 382 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

6.7/10
    6.4/10
    6.9/10
    6.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.1/10

Really BAD paint job

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, but has had many re-calls"

Cons: "Very inferior original paint job, peeling, dull"

"The 2006 Suzuki Forenza wagon had peeling paint in as little as 4-5 years of age. Now has a lot of paint defects, which lowers the value. Overall, it has been very reliable, no major mechanical problems. Low gas mileage though. Just a basic car, maybe good for a student."

My Frankenmobile

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"I have now had my little Forenza for almost three years. In those three years I have been on the back of a tow truck, due to this car just breaking down on me, about 6 times. Timing belt, front wheel bearing, and all twelve engine heads have been replaced in the last year. My little car has stopped twice while I was driving on a major highway now. Recently, it has lost some of its power, and constantly wants to roll back down hills instead of going up them. So over my three years in my little Forenza, I have picked up some things I love and hate about it. Pros: This little car is very fun to zip around in. When it does have power, this car has some heart and keep up with the big boys on the road. It handles very well, and is very smooth while I zoom through traffic. This little car is my car that could. Through all the issues I have had, its kept going. Along with timing belt, wheel bearing, all twelve heads all being replaced, twice now hoses have fallen off of the coolant container causing my car to over heat, but my car is still trucking. Lastly, being a young woman with no real clues about cars, I did not put oil in this car for the first year and half that I had. The oil light never came on, it never overheated, it just kept going. It wasn't until I put oil in my baby, that my issues really started with this car. Cons: Currently is completely unreliable. Every few months I'm having to take it to the shop, so my mechanic can revive it yet again. My little car was ok the first couple of years, now its ready to fall apart any second. Lastly, I live in the South and it gets over 100 degrees here in the summer. The whole time I have had this car, I have had no AC during the summers."

The Forenza wagon: A dependable small wagon

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "It simply keeps on running!"

Cons: "Needs winter treads. Fuel efficiency so-so."

"It's hard to find a reliable and affordable small station wagon and I'll be sorry when I have to trade this one in. It has been a dependable, albeit, unspectacular car. The cargo area is big enough to haul things you cold never dream of getting into a sedan. It initially did not get around so well in our Pennsylvania winters but we solved that problem by buying a set of winter treads for the front end."

Downhill from the Start

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Reason: Piece of Junk

Pros: "The seats are pretty comfortable..."

Cons: "I hated this car."

"I bought this car from an direct from auction seller in 2010 with 40,000 miles and it seemed like a good deal, there didn't seem to be any bad reviews online at the time. A couple months after that I had the check engine light come on because of the throttle position sensor which was incorrectly fixed where I bought it and had to be sent to the dealer. Luckily it was under warranty still. Over time it was alright, nothing too bad went wrong with it until I reached 90,000 and the airbag light would come on (because the cord is under the driver seat and if you move it back and forth it can potentially rub it and ruin it). Then after 90,000 miles it was a train wreck. The throttle position sensor went again (not under warranty anymore) and that is on back order for over a month from the dealers - Suzuki moved out of the US - and the back order just screams ' REALLY?! Normal wear and tear?! ' (I think not.) The struts needed to be changed which made sense, then I had a problem with an antifreeze hose which was corrected only to find out the head gasket or something cracked or the water pump was shot, which the water pump had gotten replaced about 6 months ago as recommended with the timing belt. Oh and the air condition/fan made a horrible squealing sound since about 60,000 miles. And this car has absolutely no resale value. I was stuck with a hunk of broken junk that had basically every complaint that was listed online come true."

Hated it

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Factory Warrenty"

Cons: "Everything"

"Bought from a dealership with an extended warranty less then 3 years ago. Biggest waste of money. Bought at 48000 within 30 days the transmission went. Last year it started leaking coolant. With warranty got a new engine less then a year ago. NOW, after 20000 miles in less then 3 years need a new radiator. This is a terrible car. Do not buy it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Forenza near Honolulu. See local deals