2006 Suzuki Forenza

6.1

Based on 380 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

6.7/10
    6.4/10
    7.0/10
    6.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.1/10

The Forenza wagon: A dependable small wagon

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "It simply keeps on running!"

Cons: "Needs winter treads. Fuel efficiency so-so."

"It's hard to find a reliable and affordable small station wagon and I'll be sorry when I have to trade this one in. It has been a dependable, albeit, unspectacular car. The cargo area is big enough to haul things you cold never dream of getting into a sedan. It initially did not get around so well in our Pennsylvania winters but we solved that problem by buying a set of winter treads for the front end."

Downhill from the Start

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Reason: Piece of Junk

Pros: "The seats are pretty comfortable..."

Cons: "I hated this car."

"I bought this car from an direct from auction seller in 2010 with 40,000 miles and it seemed like a good deal, there didn't seem to be any bad reviews online at the time. A couple months after that I had the check engine light come on because of the throttle position sensor which was incorrectly fixed where I bought it and had to be sent to the dealer. Luckily it was under warranty still. Over time it was alright, nothing too bad went wrong with it until I reached 90,000 and the airbag light would come on (because the cord is under the driver seat and if you move it back and forth it can potentially rub it and ruin it). Then after 90,000 miles it was a train wreck. The throttle position sensor went again (not under warranty anymore) and that is on back order for over a month from the dealers - Suzuki moved out of the US - and the back order just screams ' REALLY?! Normal wear and tear?! ' (I think not.) The struts needed to be changed which made sense, then I had a problem with an antifreeze hose which was corrected only to find out the head gasket or something cracked or the water pump was shot, which the water pump had gotten replaced about 6 months ago as recommended with the timing belt. Oh and the air condition/fan made a horrible squealing sound since about 60,000 miles. And this car has absolutely no resale value. I was stuck with a hunk of broken junk that had basically every complaint that was listed online come true."

Hated it

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Factory Warrenty"

Cons: "Everything"

"Bought from a dealership with an extended warranty less then 3 years ago. Biggest waste of money. Bought at 48000 within 30 days the transmission went. Last year it started leaking coolant. With warranty got a new engine less then a year ago. NOW, after 20000 miles in less then 3 years need a new radiator. This is a terrible car. Do not buy it."

2006 suzuki foreza

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "all excellent"

Cons: "did have an accident 2 years ago, car has been fix"

"I bough this car new in 2006. I have owned it since. had to put some money in to the a/c 2 months ago. but this has been an excellent car with almost 40 mpg. I have kept up all the maintenance and oil changes every 3000 miles since day 1. I purchased this car from Avondale Suzuki. came close to trading it in today for a chevy cruz, but not ready to part with it. bought it in 2006 and paid it off in 2006. paid around 15,500 new. still love the car."

worst car i've ever driven! continual money pit!

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "everything"

"In the two years I've had this car, I've literally replaced tires,brakes,water pump,timing belt,engine valves,battery,headlights,radiator,the handles on the outside of the doors break off,the list goes on... I've probably put about $3000 or so into this thing (including labor) since I've got it. It was in the shop for literally 6 MONTHS and it STILL ISN'T RUNNING RIGHT! It just died today again on my way home from work. My biggest problem is the transmission keeps slipping. Good luck trying to put it in reverse without it bucking hard or getting it into any drivable gear afterwards. It continually wants to die at stoplights. I have never felt like something was a bigger waste of money than this car. Don't waste your time!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Forenza near Honolulu. See local deals