2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,510 - $22,483.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/9.1

8.4

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

2014 Subaru Hybrid Touring

By on Saturday, June 11, 2016

Pros: "driving 15mph with only electric engine great fun"

Cons: "no spare tire"

"I only had two concerns with my 2014 Subaru Hybrid Touring when I purchased it new in March of 2015. 1. no spare tire - solved this with a spare mounted on the new roof rack. 2. bigger concern was handling - solved this by adding an aftermarket front flexible strut brace and factory rear sway bar kit. This improved high speed mountain interstate highway handling remarkably. I just read Dadawada's review and think this would improve his drivibility."

First Car..<3

By on Monday, August 1, 2016

Pros: "Great Car"

Cons: "Horse Power"

"Great Car, I am just loving it..Design is great, interior is very comfortable. Only thing to compromise is it take little longer time to catch the Speed."

Great car.

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

"My wife and I bought this Crosstrek Limited and are extremely pleased so far with everything about it. Drove through 12 inches of snow last January (winter storm Jonas) without any handling problems up in the Smoky Mtns. Power is sufficient and the satellite radio is wonderful."

Very Well Built

By on Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Subaru built a great vehicle, solid and very well built. The true, symmetrical all wheel drive means It holds the road extremely well, even with all season tires. There really isn't a better vehicle for winter. The boxer engine means it has a very low center of gravity, translating to better driving dynamics. This car has a great suspension, you don't feel much of anything (bumps, potholes, dirt road), and it is very durable. The combination of this great suspension and high ground clearance makes this car a good off-roader. If you get a trailer hitch, this car is good for occasional, light towing. This is an extremely safe vehicle (5 stars almost all the way around). The build quality is some of the best i've ever seen. There are soft-touch materials everywhere, very high quality parts, and attention to engineering. Gas mileage is alright for a car that is heavy and has all wheel drive, I am getting not quite advertised (average 25 winter/30 summer) but it is still good. I have a couple complaints about this car. The engine is not quite adequate, 0-60 is about 11 seconds, which I would almost call unsafe for merging. I really don't care for either of the transmission options (have driven both). The 5-speed manual is poorly ratioed, just doesn't feel right, the clutch is not smooth , it reminds you that the car is underpowered, and you sacrifice some gas mileage. I actually prefer the CVT, even as a manual transmission enthusiast. While there is nothing wrong with the CVT, it is incredibly boring to drive and has some noise. If you want a bigger engine, better manual transmission, more versatility, and more space all for the exact same price, look at Subaru's own Forester, that's why I only give the value a five out of ten, despite the good resale. This car is very versatile and is good in many, many applications, it is extremely solid and well built, Subaru has an incredible reputation. If you want a solid, unique car in a class of its own, this car should be high on your list"

So far, I love it!

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Granted, I have not have the experience of driving this lovely new Subaru in heavy snow conditions yet. But In heavy rain, light snow (a few inches on the roads) intense gusting wind, winter ice, highway, mountain and city driving– it's fantastic. It feels stable and solid, yet fleet and maneuverable (that is a winning combination for me.) The mileage I'm getting is terrific. On a long highway trip I averaged 31-32, mixed with a lot of stop and go city driving I'm averaging 26. The MPG estimator on the dash helped me feel the car out for it's specific performance quirks and my MPG has improved as a result. The primary negative review I read before purchasing was regarding a weaker engine. I do not find this to be the case. Of course I traded in my Honda Fit when I bought it which was no powerhouse, and I don't hall a trailer full of horses up muddy inclines regularly, but I do drive a lot and through all kind of conditions and terrains and the engine has been doing just fine. The inside is comfortable and well designed. Clean and simple, which appeals to me. Not a massive cargo area, but again if that's what you're looking for go for a regular full sized SUV. If you're idea of a perfect car is a small SUV/rugged hatchback that is all terrain capable, cool looking, reliable, fuel-efficient, comfortable, etc etc etc.... This is probably the best option on the market. My only negative is that I paid top dollar since I bought it when it was first released, no negotiating at the dealership. Though considering the leather seats, review camera, all-weather package, and everything else standard in a Subaru- top dollar still wasn't that high!"