2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,018 - $22,575.

10/6.9

Based on 39 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Great car for driving in the snow and around town!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Its a great car for water driving with snow on the roads. It has averaged 31.3 MPG so far and the car has 9450 miles. Lots of highway miles driving over the Sierra Mountains with no problems at all. The heated mirrors, wipers, and seats are awesome! Its not a speed demon but it also is not a WRX!! Overall a great little hipster car to cruise around in and get from point a to point b with no problems!"

Hit a home run!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"This is the 4th Suby I have owned. It is right up there with the others. Better looks than some previous models I have had. Works great in the snow, as did all my Suby's. If you cant go in the snow with one of these, then take a driving lesson on how to drive in snow. Solid little unit!"

Not the best Subaru

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Price, Looks and Economy"

Cons: "Traction, Heat and Defroster System"

"Not fully satisfied with the vehicle, fuel economy is very good and close to sticker rating. The problems for me are the defroster system does not flow fully on the lower windshield, the floor het is lacking and the traction in snow and ice is very jerky. The vehicle is either slow to respond or over compensating for the slippery conditions but it is not smooth. The worst winter road AWD vehicle I have ever driven. I prefer my 2005 VW Passat wagon over this in bad roads. The interior comforts are a little inconvenient, the cup holders could be moved a few inches forward and the heated seat switches should be relocated to the dash panel. The vehicle is comfortable overall for long trips and is easy to maintain."

Over rated

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "AWD, interior room."

Cons: "poor mpg, cost of owning"

"First off this vehicle only gets around 18 city and 26 highway. Nowhere near the 25/33 mpg advertised. I drive very conservatively to begin with. And with this car I started doing things like not idling the engine to warm it up. And turning off car at red lights. Car also had a hard time starting a few times having to crank it 3 or more times. This occurred in different temps also. Dealer says mileage is normal and can't find any reason it has a hard time starting. The bad thing is that if it gets 6mpg less than what it should. I'm going to be paying another 3k to 4k in gas the first 100k miles I drive it. A cost I wasn't expecting."

Gas friendly AWD Adventure machine

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Very nice quality and feel, great gas mileage"

Cons: "no temp gauge, noisy motor when cold"

"This is a reliable well built AWD vehicle. Seems to be getting about 27.5 mpg around town with brief trips on the freeway, But after a 200 mile hwy trip, I averaged 35.7mpg. My overall MPG since owning the vehicle is 30.3mpg. I have the CVT and navigation, leather, moonroof. The bluetooth for the phone requires you to turn the volume up all the way to hear clear enough. The CVT automatic is slow to shift at cold temperatures resulting in high rpms and a roar from the motor. I find that it goes away once the engine is warmed up. The only gripe I have for this car is that it doesn't have a temperature gauge. So I may install one myself. Since that is superficial, I highly recommend this car to any and all. You never have to install chains, and with the ground clearance, I was able to change the oil myself."

See if you qualify for