2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,018 - $22,575.

10/6.9

Based on 39 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Great little family car!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reason: Wanted a sportier Subaru

Pros: "Great gas mileage with CVT, high ground clearance"

Cons: "Moonroof should be standard"

"Being a Subaru lover, I previously owned a 2011 STI, which I traded for the 2013 Crosstrek XV. The reason for the trade was that I didn't use the STI to its fullest and I needed a car with lower payments. The Crosstrek XV is based from the same platform as the WRX/STI's. It's a more comfortable ride and the inside noise is substantially less than with the other models. There is plenty of room, even for a large dog. If you're an outdoors person, you'll enjoy the the Crosstrek XV with it's all wheel drive and high ground clearance. Also, if you want a dependable grocery getter, this car would be a great choice. I had the CVT engine which got great gas mileage. I was averaging around 35 mpgs on the highway. I just recently traded my Crosstrek in for BRZ because I wanted to get back into a sportier car, but with out the high price tag. That review I will post in a couple of months after owning."

Great little family car!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reason: Wanted a sportier Subaru

Pros: "Great gas mileage with CVT, high ground clearance"

Cons: "Moonroof should be standard"

good car/suv

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "good in gas great handling in all conditions"

Cons: "slow acceleration & needs more back seat leg roo"

"very nice style, good in gas, handles great, a bit slow at take off and needs a couple of more inches of back seat leg room."

A very solid car not fancy but extremely competent

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "AWD, Gas Mileage, Ground Clearance"

Cons: "No real cons, not much off MSRP is about it"

"You can never get a very good deal on a Subaru but they hold their value. This is my 3rd Subaru and I've always been amazed at the resale value. I get about 26 mpg in town (Pittsburgh hills) and about 35 mpg on the highway (65 mph with the cruise control on). It sounds shallow but I really like the way the car looks and something about it feels right. I have a lot of the available options (rear seat protectors, moonroof, etc.). It's a great car."

Most complimented vehicle we have ever owned

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "MPG, handling, comfort of ride and interior"

Cons: "Room in the cargo area"

"This is the first Subaru we have owned. Thus far it has been consistent with the MPG from the sticker. overall 30 MPG has been the overall average. Good for a AWD. There have been some complaints about the AWD, I suspect it's the traction control that cause it to be jerky, all you need to do is disable this and it will cause the vehicle to act similar to a 4x4 and stop the jerking. You only want to do this when the car begins to lose traction then re-engage for stability. I found this out coming up my driveway. Resolved the issue completely. Car handles nicely and as stated it's not a WRX but it has done very well in the snow this winter in Northern Ohio. This also has been the most complimented vehicle we have ever owned. Subaru builds a solid vehicle and from the friends we have with one they have almost 200k with little or no issues on two vehicles. There could have been a bit more room in the rear but otherwise we would own another Subaru."

See if you qualify for