2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,086 - $22,641.

10/6.9

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Great Looking & Reliable Car that's Fun to Drive!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Great quality value - nice looking reliable drive!"

Cons: "No cons but would love to see auto locks in future"

"I don't normally do reviews but I have to say I love this car! It's a 2014 and my first Subaru. I have had it for almost a year now. I have nothing bad to say. It looks good, handles well, and power is good for a 4 cyl. Before this I owned a 6 cyl. car and was hesitant about going back to a 4 cyl. vehicle but I have to say the pickup is good. It's been a reliable vehicle and I get a lot of compliments on the look of the tire hubcaps too. I did a lot of comparison shopping before this car and I do believe it is one of the best values you can get for your money (and I included a lot of extras in the car that would have cost a whole lot more in other vehicles I looked at). Thumbs up to this car!"

Excellent, fun-to-drive automobile

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Styling, power, comfort, AWD"

Cons: "lack of small storage up front"

Parked in the driveway. Very handsome sitting in front of the house.

"This car is nicely designed inside and out. I really enjoy driving it in the city and on the highway. For a little car it has plenty of power and feels comfortable. It is roomy for storage in the back as well."

Parked in the driveway. Very handsome sitting in front of the house.

My husband was right!

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "MPG, AWD, safety, overall fun driving experience"

Cons: "Less cargo room compared to others"

"I had always been a fan of large, gas guzzling vehicles so when my husband wanted to trade a V8 full sized SUV in for our first Subaru, I was skeptical. I worried about cabin room, power, and safety as compared to our current SUV. Boy, was I wrong. The Crosstrek exceeded every expectation. It has plenty of room (getting used to less cargo space as compared to full sized SUV's) and drives like a dream. Also, I was very grateful for the great braking system yesterday morning when driving home before dawn in the pouring rain, a huge tree fell directly in front of my vehicle. I feel very safe driving this vehicle every day."

Not comfortable

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, goog mpg, handles nice"

Cons: "The seats are terable"

"Everything about this car is great but the seats, I bought a limited edition with leather heated seats, when I test drove the car I had no issues but after 3 or 4 days later my lower back started hurting an that was odd, the seats are stiff an vary uncomfortable an now I can't go 5 mins in the car without being in pain I'm a 5' 8 male 180 pounds an in good shape this car is all wrong for me an wish I never bought it!!"

Everything I expected and more...

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, capable, MPG, great value."

Cons: "None, in my opinion."

"This is my second subaru. The XV Crosstrek is amazing. Has nice style but is not to heavy on the eyes. Fully capable vehicle with amazing fuel mileage. Not a single vehicle can compete with subaru and its AWD system + MPG ratings. I will always have a Subaru. Period."

A great vehicle at a great price, and 4 wheel driv

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Subaru is just plain fun."

Cons: "No power seats."

"A really great car, lots of nice features and superb 4 wheel drive."

Perfect for winter!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Great ground clearance, AWD, great MPG"

Cons: "No base model so it's a bit pricey"

"Ride is very smooth on northeastern roads. It is absolutely amazing in winter. The gas mileage is great for AWD with offroad capabilities. The only downside is that it's not available in a cheaper base model. Premium and limited models only."

Very Well Built

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"Subaru built a great vehicle, solid and very well built. The true, symmetrical all wheel drive means It holds the road extremely well, even with all season tires. There really isn't a better vehicle for winter. The boxer engine means it has a very low center of gravity, translating to better driving dynamics. This car has a great suspension, you don't feel much of anything (bumps, potholes, dirt road), and it is very durable. The combination of this great suspension and high ground clearance makes this car a good off-roader. If you get a trailer hitch, this car is good for occasional, light towing. This is an extremely safe vehicle (5 stars almost all the way around). The build quality is some of the best i've ever seen. There are soft-touch materials everywhere, very high quality parts, and attention to engineering. Gas mileage is alright for a car that is heavy and has all wheel drive, I am getting not quite advertised (average 25 winter/30 summer) but it is still good. I have a couple complaints about this car. The engine is not quite adequate, 0-60 is about 11 seconds, which I would almost call unsafe for merging. I really don't care for either of the transmission options (have driven both). The 5-speed manual is poorly ratioed, just doesn't feel right, the clutch is not smooth , it reminds you that the car is underpowered, and you sacrifice some gas mileage. I actually prefer the CVT, even as a manual transmission enthusiast. While there is nothing wrong with the CVT, it is incredibly boring to drive and has some noise. If you want a bigger engine, better manual transmission, more versatility, and more space all for the exact same price, look at Subaru's own Forester, that's why I only give the value a five out of ten, despite the good resale. This car is very versatile and is good in many, many applications, it is extremely solid and well built, Subaru has an incredible reputation. If you want a solid, unique car in a class of its own, this car should be high on your list"

Great AWD SUV

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Engine, AWD, CVT, price, fun to drive."

Cons: "Not the best in comfort, stiff suspension."

"I owned Toyota RAV4 before Crosstrek. Crosstrek has better engine and transmission. Acceleration is good on all speeds up to 80 mhr (didn't try faster :) CVT transmission is way better then other automatic transmissions and it is not noisy as on another makes. It delivers power smoothly. On highway I usually get 34-35 mpg and average 30. Boxter engine is smooth, elastic, powerful, it is a masterpiece. It easily keeps 5000+ in mountains for minutes. On the same slopes my 3.0 liter Camry was overheated several times and could not keep the same speed up to slope. Car is understeered and it took several hundred miles to get use it, I always owned Toyotas which are all oversteered, that's why. Now I enjoy the steering, it is goood. You just have to get to use it. Suspension is sporty, a little bit harsh in town. But it rides much better that RAV4 on gravel roads. It feels a real AWD car. On wet road it is also much-much better than RAV4. I worked in Michigan this winter and have ride Crosstrek on snow and ice. It was comfortable (but winter tires are mandatory to get safe ride). Dashboard buttons and knobs are accessible in gloves. Space is enough for two campers. It is ideal car for skiers and campers. Summary: I love the car. It is the best small SUV on market. And I got AWD and CVT for free. For all competitors I would pay big extra and got much worse car. Crosstrek is a real all-road car and it is a great city car. Car has a character, it looks aggressive and young."

Great little family car!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reason: Wanted a sportier Subaru

Pros: "Great gas mileage with CVT, high ground clearance"

Cons: "Moonroof should be standard"

"Being a Subaru lover, I previously owned a 2011 STI, which I traded for the 2013 Crosstrek XV. The reason for the trade was that I didn't use the STI to its fullest and I needed a car with lower payments. The Crosstrek XV is based from the same platform as the WRX/STI's. It's a more comfortable ride and the inside noise is substantially less than with the other models. There is plenty of room, even for a large dog. If you're an outdoors person, you'll enjoy the the Crosstrek XV with it's all wheel drive and high ground clearance. Also, if you want a dependable grocery getter, this car would be a great choice. I had the CVT engine which got great gas mileage. I was averaging around 35 mpgs on the highway. I just recently traded my Crosstrek in for BRZ because I wanted to get back into a sportier car, but with out the high price tag. That review I will post in a couple of months after owning."