2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,502 - $22,055.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Everything I expected and more...

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, capable, MPG, great value."

Cons: "None, in my opinion."

"This is my second subaru. The XV Crosstrek is amazing. Has nice style but is not to heavy on the eyes. Fully capable vehicle with amazing fuel mileage. Not a single vehicle can compete with subaru and its AWD system + MPG ratings. I will always have a Subaru. Period."

Love this car

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, stable, dependable"

"Have driven this car on the highway. It handles beautifully. It holds the ground well in high winds and while passing large trucks. It's comfortable. It's logical. It's lovely."

My sixth Subaru and the best yet

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, good looking"

Cons: "A bit loud inside..."

"This car is the bomb! It handles like a dream! It is not quite as puiet as a BMW, but for the price you cannot beat it!"

Hit a home run!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"This is the 4th Suby I have owned. It is right up there with the others. Better looks than some previous models I have had. Works great in the snow, as did all my Suby's. If you cant go in the snow with one of these, then take a driving lesson on how to drive in snow. Solid little unit!"

Great small SUV for the price

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Very good value, standard AWD and"

Cons: "Light Grey interior. A little under-powered."

"Below are a couple of slight issues. Overall the car is very comfortable to drive and handles very well. The cabin noise level is on par with or less than comparable small vehicles and the standard all wheel drive is awesome. The styling is a bit aggressive for some but I like it, especially the black alloy wheels. The base options are no frills but nice. I opted for the manual transmission model which limited my choice of options significantly. This car gets good fuel economy - though I have not been able to hit the EPA window sticker number for highway I am still pleased with the 29-30 mpg I consistently achieve during majority highway driving. It is a fun to drive car that is small enough to navigate the city with ease but capable enough for my weekend excursions. There is a fair amount of interior space for gear and passengers and the roof rack is nice for larger items. It is not a performance machine by any stretch and it could benefit from a higher output engine. The FM radio provides mediocre sound quality - I initially thought it was the speakers but CD/digital inputs sound much better than the radio and are on par with other base model sound systems. The bluetooth can occasionally take more than one attempt to connect to your device but call quality is not horrible. The voice controls are nearly useless. I absolutely love the red dash lights, they are very easy on the eyes at night, not overpowering or glare inducing but still provide very clearly illuminated gauges. I am not a fan of the light grey/tan interior color - it does not fit my outdoor lifestyle and the dirt that accompanies our adventures - some exterior colors come with a black interior but the combinations appear to be pre-selected by Subaru. The seat heaters are great. It has recently developed a slight dash rattle and will be making a visit to the dealership to have resolved but there have been no other issues. Overall if you are in need of a very utilitarian vehicle at a modest price I would not hesitate to recommend the XV. It has proven to be very capable in bad weather and on gravel/dirt backroads and it will get you there without extreme fuel bills."