2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,469 - $22,052.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great particle package, very stable!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "reliable, durable, all wheel drive, body style"

Cons: "road noise,"

"I use this as my primary car, on long trips (upwards of 5hrs of driving), in town, to and from work, to and from the ski area, in the muddy mountains, etc... This car is very versatile, does great manuvering around town, around boulders and cursing down the freeway. It gets great fuel milage on the freeway (sometimes 35mpg). The all wheel drive, on any Subaru, is superior to any other I've experienced. You can really feel the car grip weather its going around wet corners, or up snowy slopes! The included bluetooth and USB charging port is very nice, my wife loves the heated seats! The headed wiper/washer fluid and side mirrors are also really nice. Only downside so far is the road noise, while not horrible it is louder than most. Over all a very durable car that I'm not afraid to rough up a bit, with some nice tech like bluetooth and heated seats."

Great Choice - I couldn't be happier!

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "Style, Gas Mileage, Comfort, Utility"

Cons: "Power, CVT whine, No tailgate release in cabin!"

"I have had my car for a couple of months now and still love getting into it every day! I wish it had a bit more power and that it had a conventional automatic transmission instead of the CVT, but the tradeoff is the great gas mileage, so I can live with these minor shortcomings as I drive past gas stations! I have a bad back, and the seats are extremely comfortable and my Crosstrek handles the badly potholed streets of Dallas incredibly well!"

Gas friendly AWD Adventure machine

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Very nice quality and feel, great gas mileage"

Cons: "no temp gauge, noisy motor when cold"

"This is a reliable well built AWD vehicle. Seems to be getting about 27.5 mpg around town with brief trips on the freeway, But after a 200 mile hwy trip, I averaged 35.7mpg. My overall MPG since owning the vehicle is 30.3mpg. I have the CVT and navigation, leather, moonroof. The bluetooth for the phone requires you to turn the volume up all the way to hear clear enough. The CVT automatic is slow to shift at cold temperatures resulting in high rpms and a roar from the motor. I find that it goes away once the engine is warmed up. The only gripe I have for this car is that it doesn't have a temperature gauge. So I may install one myself. Since that is superficial, I highly recommend this car to any and all. You never have to install chains, and with the ground clearance, I was able to change the oil myself."

Fun size little car with mpg's

By on Monday, June 10, 2013

Pros: "style, ride, AWD, mpgs - and fun!"

Cons: "electric steering takes getting used to..."

"We wanted this car since it debuted at the auto show. we have been completely happy with it, and have had it for several months. this car does lack some storage space, but it is not to bad. It feels bigger inside than it looks, and seats 4 adults easily and not cramped. gets 28'ish mpg in town, and north of 30 highway. The worst I can make it average is 25mpg in traffic doing 10 mph. Most of all- I don't find it to be underpowered. The Subaru boxer 4 cylinders have always been peppy. It's no WRX but it is also an automatic that gets 30 or so mpg..."

So good I bought it twice.

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Fully loaded in Moab

"I bought my 2013 XV in March of 13. I ordered the tangerine limited without nav or moonroof as I'd heard bad things about the current nav interface. Pros: Lots of compliments Averaged about 29mpg summer and 27mpg winter Carried 3 bikes on the roof and two on a hitch without issue. Towed a 5x8 utility trailer often, lowered mileage to 19mpg. Had adequate power and cornered well. Was superb in the snow. Great in off road travel. Saved my life in a front corner, head on impact. Cons: Lond cabin Gas mileage suffers at 70mph and above Stock tires wore out at about 25,000 miles In car interface with my smart phone rarely understood what I was saying. After this car was totaled, I have since bought the exact same car but now a 2015 with nav and moonroof. Absolutely the best car I've owned."

Fully loaded in Moab