2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,550 - $22,061.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Awesome car

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Incredibly fun to drive"

Cons: "some road noise, slow transmission"

"Bought this car in February. We walked into the dealership with the full intention of buying an Impreza. I had not heard of the XV Crosstrek until the dealer pointed out the bright orange car. Took it for a test drive, and within a couple of hours, we owned it. I think it was love at first drive. It snowed the same day we bought it, and driving around the snowy hills of our town proved to be no problem. We took it out for a short road trip into the mountains with snow-blown roads, and it handled them like a champ. My husband and I have always driven 6 cylinder mid-size sedans, and I was concerned about losing power with a 4 cylinder. However, this has not been an issue, the engine has plenty of pep. The transmission is a bit slow when switching from park to reverse, or reverse to drive, but I think this has to do with the CVT. Still working on figuring out how to use the CVT to the maximum benefit, but I can see it being handy during summer road trips. Can't wait to take it to our favorite camping spots and see how it does on the dirt roads. We wanted a small SUV for camping and for when we decide to expand our family, and I think this is the perfect fit. I could see owning this vehicle for many, many years."

CVT Takes some getting used to, but I love it

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"I'm only a couple of weeks in and I do love it. Can't wait to take it off road or drive in the snow when the time comes. The car is squatty, and I love that. The CVT is new to me and I don't punch it or push it, but maybe that's it... I'm still getting used to it and I'm being too careful with it because the engine does rev pretty high during normal acceleration getting on the freeway. That's the only thing. I feel if it had another 15-20 horses, it would a pretty big difference. I read about the Hybrid version for next year which will give it a 15 horsepower push which may be just what it needs to improve the driving experience. I know I may be nitpicky, but that's how I feel. I'm pretty sure once I get to take it off road or drive in the snow, I will forget all about my engine critique. This is my first Subaru and I feel so good in it. The drive is solid and comfy."

I absolutely love my Subaru Crosstrek!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive"

Cons: "Haven't found any"

"I got the Limited model, with all the bells and whistles (navigation, moon roof, leather, remote start) and I have not regretted my purchase. I can comfortably take friends on long drives, but also easily fold down the back seats to throw the dogs in the back. Much quieter than my previous cars (Saturn, Honda). I was very impressed with details like the sound system and seat heaters. Between 55-65 mph, I get mid-30s mpg. In town, I get low 20s, closer to 20 if do a lot of sitting at stop-lights. This is also my first car without studded snow tires and I haven't had any sliding issues or scares! As a 20-something looking to buy my first new car, I believe I absolutely made the right choice and I get complimented on my car all the time!"

I love my Crosstrek

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage from what I had before."

Cons: "Compared to my old 2007 Focus, nothing!"

"Do I regularly need to climb steep hills or go off-road into daring trails that really put my Crosstrek to the test? No, but I love this car. It does everything I need it to and more. I got the one with moonroof and Nav and it's a joy to drive. It's snappy on the start and I feel safe in it with all of the traction control it has."

Not the best Subaru

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Price, Looks and Economy"

Cons: "Traction, Heat and Defroster System"

"Not fully satisfied with the vehicle, fuel economy is very good and close to sticker rating. The problems for me are the defroster system does not flow fully on the lower windshield, the floor het is lacking and the traction in snow and ice is very jerky. The vehicle is either slow to respond or over compensating for the slippery conditions but it is not smooth. The worst winter road AWD vehicle I have ever driven. I prefer my 2005 VW Passat wagon over this in bad roads. The interior comforts are a little inconvenient, the cup holders could be moved a few inches forward and the heated seat switches should be relocated to the dash panel. The vehicle is comfortable overall for long trips and is easy to maintain."