• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,496 - $21,997.

10/6.9

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Most complimented vehicle we have ever owned

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "MPG, handling, comfort of ride and interior"

Cons: "Room in the cargo area"

"This is the first Subaru we have owned. Thus far it has been consistent with the MPG from the sticker. overall 30 MPG has been the overall average. Good for a AWD. There have been some complaints about the AWD, I suspect it's the traction control that cause it to be jerky, all you need to do is disable this and it will cause the vehicle to act similar to a 4x4 and stop the jerking. You only want to do this when the car begins to lose traction then re-engage for stability. I found this out coming up my driveway. Resolved the issue completely. Car handles nicely and as stated it's not a WRX but it has done very well in the snow this winter in Northern Ohio. This also has been the most complimented vehicle we have ever owned. Subaru builds a solid vehicle and from the friends we have with one they have almost 200k with little or no issues on two vehicles. There could have been a bit more room in the rear but otherwise we would own another Subaru."

Great car for driving in the snow and around town!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Its a great car for water driving with snow on the roads. It has averaged 31.3 MPG so far and the car has 9450 miles. Lots of highway miles driving over the Sierra Mountains with no problems at all. The heated mirrors, wipers, and seats are awesome! Its not a speed demon but it also is not a WRX!! Overall a great little hipster car to cruise around in and get from point a to point b with no problems!"

Hit a home run!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"This is the 4th Suby I have owned. It is right up there with the others. Better looks than some previous models I have had. Works great in the snow, as did all my Suby's. If you cant go in the snow with one of these, then take a driving lesson on how to drive in snow. Solid little unit!"

Not the best Subaru

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Price, Looks and Economy"

Cons: "Traction, Heat and Defroster System"

"Not fully satisfied with the vehicle, fuel economy is very good and close to sticker rating. The problems for me are the defroster system does not flow fully on the lower windshield, the floor het is lacking and the traction in snow and ice is very jerky. The vehicle is either slow to respond or over compensating for the slippery conditions but it is not smooth. The worst winter road AWD vehicle I have ever driven. I prefer my 2005 VW Passat wagon over this in bad roads. The interior comforts are a little inconvenient, the cup holders could be moved a few inches forward and the heated seat switches should be relocated to the dash panel. The vehicle is comfortable overall for long trips and is easy to maintain."

Over rated

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "AWD, interior room."

Cons: "poor mpg, cost of owning"

"First off this vehicle only gets around 18 city and 26 highway. Nowhere near the 25/33 mpg advertised. I drive very conservatively to begin with. And with this car I started doing things like not idling the engine to warm it up. And turning off car at red lights. Car also had a hard time starting a few times having to crank it 3 or more times. This occurred in different temps also. Dealer says mileage is normal and can't find any reason it has a hard time starting. The bad thing is that if it gets 6mpg less than what it should. I'm going to be paying another 3k to 4k in gas the first 100k miles I drive it. A cost I wasn't expecting."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25