• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,425 - $21,932.

10/6.9

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great AWD SUV

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Engine, AWD, CVT, price, fun to drive."

Cons: "Not the best in comfort, stiff suspension."

"I owned Toyota RAV4 before Crosstrek. Crosstrek has better engine and transmission. Acceleration is good on all speeds up to 80 mhr (didn't try faster :) CVT transmission is way better then other automatic transmissions and it is not noisy as on another makes. It delivers power smoothly. On highway I usually get 34-35 mpg and average 30. Boxter engine is smooth, elastic, powerful, it is a masterpiece. It easily keeps 5000+ in mountains for minutes. On the same slopes my 3.0 liter Camry was overheated several times and could not keep the same speed up to slope. Car is understeered and it took several hundred miles to get use it, I always owned Toyotas which are all oversteered, that's why. Now I enjoy the steering, it is goood. You just have to get to use it. Suspension is sporty, a little bit harsh in town. But it rides much better that RAV4 on gravel roads. It feels a real AWD car. On wet road it is also much-much better than RAV4. I worked in Michigan this winter and have ride Crosstrek on snow and ice. It was comfortable (but winter tires are mandatory to get safe ride). Dashboard buttons and knobs are accessible in gloves. Space is enough for two campers. It is ideal car for skiers and campers. Summary: I love the car. It is the best small SUV on market. And I got AWD and CVT for free. For all competitors I would pay big extra and got much worse car. Crosstrek is a real all-road car and it is a great city car. Car has a character, it looks aggressive and young."

Cons: "Moonroof should be standard"

"Being a Subaru lover, I previously owned a 2011 STI, which I traded for the 2013 Crosstrek XV. The reason for the trade was that I didn't use the STI to its fullest and I needed a car with lower payments. The Crosstrek XV is based from the same platform as the WRX/STI's. It's a more comfortable ride and the inside noise is substantially less than with the other models. There is plenty of room, even for a large dog. If you're an outdoors person, you'll enjoy the the Crosstrek XV with it's all wheel drive and high ground clearance. Also, if you want a dependable grocery getter, this car would be a great choice. I had the CVT engine which got great gas mileage. I was averaging around 35 mpgs on the highway. I just recently traded my Crosstrek in for BRZ because I wanted to get back into a sportier car, but with out the high price tag. That review I will post in a couple of months after owning."

good car/suv

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "good in gas great handling in all conditions"

Cons: "slow acceleration & needs more back seat leg roo"

"very nice style, good in gas, handles great, a bit slow at take off and needs a couple of more inches of back seat leg room."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25