2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,502 - $22,055.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

CVT Takes some getting used to, but I love it

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"I'm only a couple of weeks in and I do love it. Can't wait to take it off road or drive in the snow when the time comes. The car is squatty, and I love that. The CVT is new to me and I don't punch it or push it, but maybe that's it... I'm still getting used to it and I'm being too careful with it because the engine does rev pretty high during normal acceleration getting on the freeway. That's the only thing. I feel if it had another 15-20 horses, it would a pretty big difference. I read about the Hybrid version for next year which will give it a 15 horsepower push which may be just what it needs to improve the driving experience. I know I may be nitpicky, but that's how I feel. I'm pretty sure once I get to take it off road or drive in the snow, I will forget all about my engine critique. This is my first Subaru and I feel so good in it. The drive is solid and comfy."

Fun size little car with mpg's

By on Monday, June 10, 2013

Pros: "style, ride, AWD, mpgs - and fun!"

Cons: "electric steering takes getting used to..."

"We wanted this car since it debuted at the auto show. we have been completely happy with it, and have had it for several months. this car does lack some storage space, but it is not to bad. It feels bigger inside than it looks, and seats 4 adults easily and not cramped. gets 28'ish mpg in town, and north of 30 highway. The worst I can make it average is 25mpg in traffic doing 10 mph. Most of all- I don't find it to be underpowered. The Subaru boxer 4 cylinders have always been peppy. It's no WRX but it is also an automatic that gets 30 or so mpg..."

Most complimented vehicle we have ever owned

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "MPG, handling, comfort of ride and interior"

Cons: "Room in the cargo area"

"This is the first Subaru we have owned. Thus far it has been consistent with the MPG from the sticker. overall 30 MPG has been the overall average. Good for a AWD. There have been some complaints about the AWD, I suspect it's the traction control that cause it to be jerky, all you need to do is disable this and it will cause the vehicle to act similar to a 4x4 and stop the jerking. You only want to do this when the car begins to lose traction then re-engage for stability. I found this out coming up my driveway. Resolved the issue completely. Car handles nicely and as stated it's not a WRX but it has done very well in the snow this winter in Northern Ohio. This also has been the most complimented vehicle we have ever owned. Subaru builds a solid vehicle and from the friends we have with one they have almost 200k with little or no issues on two vehicles. There could have been a bit more room in the rear but otherwise we would own another Subaru."

So far so good!

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"Loving everything about it. Great gas mileage, tons of cargo space, feels safe, quiet and fun to drive."

So far, I love it!

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Granted, I have not have the experience of driving this lovely new Subaru in heavy snow conditions yet. But In heavy rain, light snow (a few inches on the roads) intense gusting wind, winter ice, highway, mountain and city driving– it's fantastic. It feels stable and solid, yet fleet and maneuverable (that is a winning combination for me.) The mileage I'm getting is terrific. On a long highway trip I averaged 31-32, mixed with a lot of stop and go city driving I'm averaging 26. The MPG estimator on the dash helped me feel the car out for it's specific performance quirks and my MPG has improved as a result. The primary negative review I read before purchasing was regarding a weaker engine. I do not find this to be the case. Of course I traded in my Honda Fit when I bought it which was no powerhouse, and I don't hall a trailer full of horses up muddy inclines regularly, but I do drive a lot and through all kind of conditions and terrains and the engine has been doing just fine. The inside is comfortable and well designed. Clean and simple, which appeals to me. Not a massive cargo area, but again if that's what you're looking for go for a regular full sized SUV. If you're idea of a perfect car is a small SUV/rugged hatchback that is all terrain capable, cool looking, reliable, fuel-efficient, comfortable, etc etc etc.... This is probably the best option on the market. My only negative is that I paid top dollar since I bought it when it was first released, no negotiating at the dealership. Though considering the leather seats, review camera, all-weather package, and everything else standard in a Subaru- top dollar still wasn't that high!"