2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,505 - $22,112.

10/6.9

8.4

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

CVT Takes some getting used to, but I love it

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"I'm only a couple of weeks in and I do love it. Can't wait to take it off road or drive in the snow when the time comes. The car is squatty, and I love that. The CVT is new to me and I don't punch it or push it, but maybe that's it... I'm still getting used to it and I'm being too careful with it because the engine does rev pretty high during normal acceleration getting on the freeway. That's the only thing. I feel if it had another 15-20 horses, it would a pretty big difference. I read about the Hybrid version for next year which will give it a 15 horsepower push which may be just what it needs to improve the driving experience. I know I may be nitpicky, but that's how I feel. I'm pretty sure once I get to take it off road or drive in the snow, I will forget all about my engine critique. This is my first Subaru and I feel so good in it. The drive is solid and comfy."

Fun size little car with mpg's

By on Monday, June 10, 2013

Pros: "style, ride, AWD, mpgs - and fun!"

Cons: "electric steering takes getting used to..."

"We wanted this car since it debuted at the auto show. we have been completely happy with it, and have had it for several months. this car does lack some storage space, but it is not to bad. It feels bigger inside than it looks, and seats 4 adults easily and not cramped. gets 28'ish mpg in town, and north of 30 highway. The worst I can make it average is 25mpg in traffic doing 10 mph. Most of all- I don't find it to be underpowered. The Subaru boxer 4 cylinders have always been peppy. It's no WRX but it is also an automatic that gets 30 or so mpg..."

great vehicle, great fuel economy, great value

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "versetility, mileage, value, looks"

Cons: "more cabin noise than I would like"

"I have owned my Crosstreck for about a year. It is comfortable and I am able to haul a wide range of things when the seats are folded down. I am averaging 33 mpg with a K&N air filter. I do 50-50 highway to city driving. I have had the opposite of buyers remorse, I like the vehicle more after driving it for a year than when I first bought it! Stereo was weak but did a couple of tweaks. Make sure wagon is on and loud is on. Makes a world of difference. You can find how to do this on youtube."

Great small suv at a fair price.

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Great price and gas mileage"

Cons: "cup holders are too deep for small cups."

"Gas mileage has been right on with the window sticker. Good ride, and like the way you are treated by Subaru. The only downside is the Bluetooth, having trouble programming it, as it can't seem to understand what you are saying."

Most complimented vehicle we have ever owned

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "MPG, handling, comfort of ride and interior"

Cons: "Room in the cargo area"

"This is the first Subaru we have owned. Thus far it has been consistent with the MPG from the sticker. overall 30 MPG has been the overall average. Good for a AWD. There have been some complaints about the AWD, I suspect it's the traction control that cause it to be jerky, all you need to do is disable this and it will cause the vehicle to act similar to a 4x4 and stop the jerking. You only want to do this when the car begins to lose traction then re-engage for stability. I found this out coming up my driveway. Resolved the issue completely. Car handles nicely and as stated it's not a WRX but it has done very well in the snow this winter in Northern Ohio. This also has been the most complimented vehicle we have ever owned. Subaru builds a solid vehicle and from the friends we have with one they have almost 200k with little or no issues on two vehicles. There could have been a bit more room in the rear but otherwise we would own another Subaru."