2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,550 - $22,061.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

So far, I love it!

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Granted, I have not have the experience of driving this lovely new Subaru in heavy snow conditions yet. But In heavy rain, light snow (a few inches on the roads) intense gusting wind, winter ice, highway, mountain and city driving– it's fantastic. It feels stable and solid, yet fleet and maneuverable (that is a winning combination for me.) The mileage I'm getting is terrific. On a long highway trip I averaged 31-32, mixed with a lot of stop and go city driving I'm averaging 26. The MPG estimator on the dash helped me feel the car out for it's specific performance quirks and my MPG has improved as a result. The primary negative review I read before purchasing was regarding a weaker engine. I do not find this to be the case. Of course I traded in my Honda Fit when I bought it which was no powerhouse, and I don't hall a trailer full of horses up muddy inclines regularly, but I do drive a lot and through all kind of conditions and terrains and the engine has been doing just fine. The inside is comfortable and well designed. Clean and simple, which appeals to me. Not a massive cargo area, but again if that's what you're looking for go for a regular full sized SUV. If you're idea of a perfect car is a small SUV/rugged hatchback that is all terrain capable, cool looking, reliable, fuel-efficient, comfortable, etc etc etc.... This is probably the best option on the market. My only negative is that I paid top dollar since I bought it when it was first released, no negotiating at the dealership. Though considering the leather seats, review camera, all-weather package, and everything else standard in a Subaru- top dollar still wasn't that high!"

Great Car Great Value - My 3rd Subaru

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "Great for short and tall people 28-34 true avg MPG"

Cons: "lack of rear storage compartments"

"My previous 2 cars were outback, LL Bean edition’s. This car is less plush, noisier and bumpier than my previous Outback’s. However, I paid $13k less and I went from 21 mpg to 28 mpg on avg. It’s a solid car and performs well. I don’t have a lead foot but with two guys, bikes, and other gear, going up into the mountains is no problem. It’s got enough scoot to make me happy and the overall ride quality is good. I wanted to downsize my vehicle, or what I call right size, and this is the perfectly sized car. I am turning over a new leaf in life and am going for more of a minimalist lifestyle where less is best. Its saves me a ton of money and can go on further biking destinations on a fraction of the cost. I have everything I want in a car, reliability, good performance, high MPG, maneuverability, and AWD for the snow and forest service roads. I love it! PS, the factory trailer hitch is expensive and well worth it for rear bike racks. It’s inside the bumper so you can’t see it and it physically replaces the bumper supports. So much better engineered than aftermarket. Also great for short people. I recommend it!"

Overall high marks!

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "Great look, fun to drive, great Bluetooth"

Cons: "Stiff ride, engine noise a little high at times"

Brand new in the driveway! She says, Don't mess with me!

"I have owned my Crosstrek for three weeks and driven it about 1,500 miles. I like it a lot. It is zippy off the start, has a solid road feel, handles corners well, and can provide enough power when needed, if you know how to use the pedal. The CVT transmission works best when you avoid holding the pedal down, but instead punch it about a quarter down, ease up, and then steadily and gradually press down again. EASILY enough power to pass, go uphill, etc. And use the paddle shifter to downshift when braking. It gives great assist and saves on the brake pads. The review that cited the inability of the Crosstrek to climb a step, heavy snow hill is worrisome, if you regularly need to go up a steep, heavy snow hill! That's probably gonna be about .01 percent or less of owners. I will need it to get up a long, snowy driveway with a slight hill at the end, and expect it to do well, as my previous Subarus have done. The possible difference with a steep hill might have something to do with the weight of the vehicle. It is considerably lighter than an Outback. All-in-all, a great car so far!"

Brand new in the driveway! She says, Don't mess with me!

Love The Crosstrek!

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Sturdy, good price, fun, unique"

Cons: "Very few bells and whistles"

"I spent 12 years in my beloved Chevy Tahoe and found it hard to settle on a replacement car - until I saw the Crosstrek for the first time. A replacement had to have high safety ratings, as well as great mpg with a low to mid-range price tag. The Crosstrek did not disappoint - the sturdiness and pep paired with the sporty design and standard features made this a great choice for me."

Great car

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Fantastic new model"

Cons: "Small engine"

"Driving around in this car felt fantastic. I just drove a Jeep Wrangler prior to it and lemme tell ya, the new Subaru is a beast. Rides great, heated seats are standard. Visibility is fantastic. Only thing I can think of is that it could use a larger engine option. The 2.0 will get you there, but it will have to work to do it."