2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

8.3

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great sporty car

By on Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage, top notch electronics"

Cons: "Stereo could be better and some road noise."

"Only downsides ae it could use a better stereo system and less road noise."

So far, I love it!

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Granted, I have not have the experience of driving this lovely new Subaru in heavy snow conditions yet. But In heavy rain, light snow (a few inches on the roads) intense gusting wind, winter ice, highway, mountain and city driving– it's fantastic. It feels stable and solid, yet fleet and maneuverable (that is a winning combination for me.) The mileage I'm getting is terrific. On a long highway trip I averaged 31-32, mixed with a lot of stop and go city driving I'm averaging 26. The MPG estimator on the dash helped me feel the car out for it's specific performance quirks and my MPG has improved as a result. The primary negative review I read before purchasing was regarding a weaker engine. I do not find this to be the case. Of course I traded in my Honda Fit when I bought it which was no powerhouse, and I don't hall a trailer full of horses up muddy inclines regularly, but I do drive a lot and through all kind of conditions and terrains and the engine has been doing just fine. The inside is comfortable and well designed. Clean and simple, which appeals to me. Not a massive cargo area, but again if that's what you're looking for go for a regular full sized SUV. If you're idea of a perfect car is a small SUV/rugged hatchback that is all terrain capable, cool looking, reliable, fuel-efficient, comfortable, etc etc etc.... This is probably the best option on the market. My only negative is that I paid top dollar since I bought it when it was first released, no negotiating at the dealership. Though considering the leather seats, review camera, all-weather package, and everything else standard in a Subaru- top dollar still wasn't that high!"

Love The Crosstrek!

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Sturdy, good price, fun, unique"

Cons: "Very few bells and whistles"

"I spent 12 years in my beloved Chevy Tahoe and found it hard to settle on a replacement car - until I saw the Crosstrek for the first time. A replacement had to have high safety ratings, as well as great mpg with a low to mid-range price tag. The Crosstrek did not disappoint - the sturdiness and pep paired with the sporty design and standard features made this a great choice for me."

Very Well Built

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"Subaru built a great vehicle, solid and very well built. The true, symmetrical all wheel drive means It holds the road extremely well, even with all season tires. There really isn't a better vehicle for winter. The boxer engine means it has a very low center of gravity, translating to better driving dynamics. This car has a great suspension, you don't feel much of anything (bumps, potholes, dirt road), and it is very durable. The combination of this great suspension and high ground clearance makes this car a good off-roader. If you get a trailer hitch, this car is good for occasional, light towing. This is an extremely safe vehicle (5 stars almost all the way around). The build quality is some of the best i've ever seen. There are soft-touch materials everywhere, very high quality parts, and attention to engineering. Gas mileage is alright for a car that is heavy and has all wheel drive, I am getting not quite advertised (average 25 winter/30 summer) but it is still good. I have a couple complaints about this car. The engine is not quite adequate, 0-60 is about 11 seconds, which I would almost call unsafe for merging. I really don't care for either of the transmission options (have driven both). The 5-speed manual is poorly ratioed, just doesn't feel right, the clutch is not smooth , it reminds you that the car is underpowered, and you sacrifice some gas mileage. I actually prefer the CVT, even as a manual transmission enthusiast. While there is nothing wrong with the CVT, it is incredibly boring to drive and has some noise. If you want a bigger engine, better manual transmission, more versatility, and more space all for the exact same price, look at Subaru's own Forester, that's why I only give the value a five out of ten, despite the good resale. This car is very versatile and is good in many, many applications, it is extremely solid and well built, Subaru has an incredible reputation. If you want a solid, unique car in a class of its own, this car should be high on your list"

Great AWD SUV

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Engine, AWD, CVT, price, fun to drive."

Cons: "Not the best in comfort, stiff suspension."

"I owned Toyota RAV4 before Crosstrek. Crosstrek has better engine and transmission. Acceleration is good on all speeds up to 80 mhr (didn't try faster :) CVT transmission is way better then other automatic transmissions and it is not noisy as on another makes. It delivers power smoothly. On highway I usually get 34-35 mpg and average 30. Boxter engine is smooth, elastic, powerful, it is a masterpiece. It easily keeps 5000+ in mountains for minutes. On the same slopes my 3.0 liter Camry was overheated several times and could not keep the same speed up to slope. Car is understeered and it took several hundred miles to get use it, I always owned Toyotas which are all oversteered, that's why. Now I enjoy the steering, it is goood. You just have to get to use it. Suspension is sporty, a little bit harsh in town. But it rides much better that RAV4 on gravel roads. It feels a real AWD car. On wet road it is also much-much better than RAV4. I worked in Michigan this winter and have ride Crosstrek on snow and ice. It was comfortable (but winter tires are mandatory to get safe ride). Dashboard buttons and knobs are accessible in gloves. Space is enough for two campers. It is ideal car for skiers and campers. Summary: I love the car. It is the best small SUV on market. And I got AWD and CVT for free. For all competitors I would pay big extra and got much worse car. Crosstrek is a real all-road car and it is a great city car. Car has a character, it looks aggressive and young."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru XV Crosstrek near Honolulu. See local deals