2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

8.4

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

CVT Takes some getting used to, but I love it

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"I'm only a couple of weeks in and I do love it. Can't wait to take it off road or drive in the snow when the time comes. The car is squatty, and I love that. The CVT is new to me and I don't punch it or push it, but maybe that's it... I'm still getting used to it and I'm being too careful with it because the engine does rev pretty high during normal acceleration getting on the freeway. That's the only thing. I feel if it had another 15-20 horses, it would a pretty big difference. I read about the Hybrid version for next year which will give it a 15 horsepower push which may be just what it needs to improve the driving experience. I know I may be nitpicky, but that's how I feel. I'm pretty sure once I get to take it off road or drive in the snow, I will forget all about my engine critique. This is my first Subaru and I feel so good in it. The drive is solid and comfy."

Sporty, Fun, great handling, love at first sight

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, hugs road like a car"

Cons: "Stereo Speakers not as good as my '05 Honda Accord"

"I recently purchased the Crosstrek and I am very happy with it. I downsized from a Ford Explorer to a compact SUV mainly because of the gas mileage and I needed a truck-like auto that handles city driving well and fits into tight parking spots. The cargo room is good too, maybe not as big as the Mazda X5 or Subaru Forester but it is enough for my small family. I absolutely LOVE the Crosstrek. It drives like a car, I guess due to the all wheel drive and 17 inch wheels. It drives well over Texas dirt roads. I read that critics think there could be more horsepower, but how fast does one need to go in bumper to bumper traffic? One thing I learned from owning a large truck and small foreign car is: More power=Less Gas Mileage; Less Power=More Gas Mileage, you decide what is most important for you."

Fun size little car with mpg's

By on Monday, June 10, 2013

Pros: "style, ride, AWD, mpgs - and fun!"

Cons: "electric steering takes getting used to..."

"We wanted this car since it debuted at the auto show. we have been completely happy with it, and have had it for several months. this car does lack some storage space, but it is not to bad. It feels bigger inside than it looks, and seats 4 adults easily and not cramped. gets 28'ish mpg in town, and north of 30 highway. The worst I can make it average is 25mpg in traffic doing 10 mph. Most of all- I don't find it to be underpowered. The Subaru boxer 4 cylinders have always been peppy. It's no WRX but it is also an automatic that gets 30 or so mpg..."

Best commuter vehicle I've had!

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, MPG, handling, price"

Cons: "CVT in stop & go traffic"

"Dear fellow drivers, after researching the Crosstrek for months, I saw it as appropriate to leave you with my 2 cents on the 2015 Crosstrek premium. I've read countless reviews describing this car as slow, sluggish or noisy. Neither could be further from the truth! I would say I've owned and driven more "high-end" cars than most people as my family has had everything from Ferraris to AMGs and BMW Ms, so I am used to vehicles with serious power. Again, there is nothing slow about the Crosstrek, and the CVT does a phenomenal job of finding torque at any speed or rpm! The noise is also nothing to complain about, where the engine makes noise comparable to any 4 cylinder engine, but due to the CVT you don't run through the RPMs like most cars, which leads me to claim that the Crosstrek actually has less noise than most cars. If there is anything I can complain on, it would be the extreme sensitivity of the CVT in very slow stop and go traffic. The car acts on par with a mid-2000s BMW M6 or Ferrari, where the transmission fully disengages when off the throttle, and then abruptly engages when throttle is applied. Not a big issue, but it takes a sensitive foot and some getting used to. Fit and finish is great, and the comfort of the suspension is amazing with the extended travel over a regular Impreza. Not trying to come off as a Subaru expert, this is my first one, but when compared to much higher-end cars it holds up very well at a fraction of the price. As far as MPG goes I'm averaging 31 on the flat highways of Florida (400 miles, so not broken in yet)."

Great small suv at a fair price.

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Great price and gas mileage"

Cons: "cup holders are too deep for small cups."

"Gas mileage has been right on with the window sticker. Good ride, and like the way you are treated by Subaru. The only downside is the Bluetooth, having trouble programming it, as it can't seem to understand what you are saying."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru XV Crosstrek near Honolulu. See local deals