2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Like it a lot but don't love it

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, tight turning radius, stout"

Cons: "Lots of little things - see review"

"Bought this car new and have owned it about 17 months now. My model is the premium trim, which is the cheaper of the 2 versions. First the pro's: - My favorite feature? The gas mileage. Subaru rates it at 25/33 MPG but I usually get 28 MPG around town and often see get 36+ MPG on very flat highways. Given that it's all-wheel drive, I consider this almost amazing. - Handling is typical for a small car, fun to drive. The turning radius is tight, it's easy to park, and the boxer engine and CVT make for very smooth pickup. - And I just like how it looks. It's a sporty little tank. Now the con's. Most of these are minor but the list kinda adds up: - I spend a lot of time in the car and it isn't very comfortable for long rides. The seats lack any lumbar support (ugh!) and feel flat and poorly padded. - The ride is choppy, which is probably typical for a small car with elevate suspension and a short wheelbase. - The car is light, which may be good for gas mileage and giving it some pickup from the measly 148 HP engine, but this also means it doesn't have a lot of traction despite having all-wheel drive. I haven't even tried it on snow or ice but have slid around on exit ramps just in light rain. It would not be a good car for a teenager to use. - The headlights seem dim to me. I have to use the foglights to see well at night, and I'm not that old. Dashboard and interior control lights are also dim. - There's nowhere to put loose change for tolls. - Granted, I have the premium package with the stock sound system, but it's the WORST "stereo" I've ever heard - it might as well be an AM transistor radio. I'm a former musician and can't stand to listen to anything in this car. And an aftermarket stereo really isn't an option because it's all an integrated unit in the dash. - The car always feels dirty to me, even after washing it and vacuuming it out. The seat fabric holds a lot of debris, and the dashboard and much of the interior is made of a rubber material that collects dust like a magnet - and you're not supposed to use anything like ArmorAll on it. I suspect it's just going to get worse with age."

One of a kind! All the extras and then some!

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "All maintenance preformed by Subaru dealer."

Packed & ready for San Diego

"You will not find one like this @ the dealership. All Mats included, summer & winter. All cargo mats inside also seatback mats. Cargo Basket with w/waterproof cargo bag.Top Rack 1-1/4" receiver hitch with flat 4 harness Receiver hitch cargo basket 20"x60" with waterproof cargo bag. Clear Bra since day 1. No chips"

Packed & ready for San Diego

This vehicle does it all!

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Winter Handling (AWD), Excellent MPG, Comfortable"

Cons: "none at this time"

"To be honest, I'm not very familiar with Subaru and was not originally interested in the XV-Crosstrek. However, after taking it out for a test drive, I felt safe and knew the car could handle anything. I was sold! Last year in Portland, we experienced a fairly decent winter storm. Having lived in California, I was not familiar with winter driving at all. However, the XV-Crosstrek handle the same in Winter as it did in the summer. No slipping even when ICE coated the snow. I drove up hills where other cars were literally going backwards. Other cars would pull over put chains on, but not me. Using stock tires and all, this car handled winter with no problem. That being said, I mainly drive highways to work and I probably average a little over 30 miles per gallon. Even though the interior may not come off as luxurious as competitors it is durable and great for any adventures or commutes you could send its way. All-in-all, after a year, I couldn't imagine a more perfect car for the handling and price. 10/10, 5 stars, and two thumbs up."

The 2014 Subaru XV CrossTrek is poorly engineered

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Looks"

Cons: "Comfort and poor engine power"

"The 2014 Subaru XV CrossTrek is the worse vehicle I have owned. The leather seats are extremely uncomfortable and difficult to keep clean. The 4 cylinder engine struggles to go up hill and in mountain terrain. The vehicle does not hold any value. Only 1900 miles and the value has decreased nearly $7,000.00 on a trade in. This is deffinitely the worse car I have ever purchased."

best buy for crossovers

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

"comfortable and good on gas. doesnt have all the bells and whistles but if yoiu need good gas and all weather vehicle this is a great one. i have lil to no road noise, and the stereo is amazing with the standered radio instead of the navi."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru XV Crosstrek near Honolulu. See local deals