2015 Subaru WRX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,664 - $30,421.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

9.3

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

My 2nd WRX

By on Saturday, January 30, 2016

Pros: "A Real Sports Car - Costs $5000 below its value"

Cons: "No Cons - It's perfect"

"My 2009 WRX 5 door was just perfect in all sports car criteria (especially for an old guy who lives in snowy country and drives back roads.I can't bang the alpine bumps any more but I can still enjoy our New England twisty's) My 2016 WRX 4 door is even more perfect. Well over 30 mpg. More precise handling with virtually no under steer at the edge. Plenty roomy for 4 adults. Large functional trunk. Precise shifting via standard linkage. Easy 0 to 60 in about 6 sec is nice - but 60 to 80 for passing is nearly instant and a big safety feature for country roads. In retirement I drive rental cars all over the NE. I have driven all the sport sedan entries from VW, Ford, Chry , etc. The WRX is the only entry that is a real all season sports car. Add all season high performance tires for winter / about $700."

Could not have made a better choice

By on Friday, September 18, 2015

Pros: "What a Beast"

Cons: "Have not found any"

"This is the first Subaru i have owned and let me tell you it does not disappoint. I am one of those people that knows every detail about the car before going in for a test drive and i did just that with my 2015 Subaru WRX there is nothing in its price that can truly compare (in all aspects) with this car. Fuel economy is amazing compared to previous generation turbo 4's it all depends how you drive of course but when the turbo hits its all smiles :), it also handles corners like a champ,for the price you get more than for what you pay for by far. I never knew what all the hype was about Subaru until know its like you are now part of this amazing little community this will not be my last Subaru"

Best car I ever had

By on Saturday, January 02, 2016

Pros: "Excelent steering, best handling ever, best looks,"

Cons: "Police will watch you, Kids will ask you dumb ques"

"I started buying Subarus in the summer of 2014, I needed a reliable vehicle for my wife, so, I decided to buy her an Outback, she was so satisfied with the handling of the vehicle, that I traded my 2012 TDI jetta for a 2015 Forester, but always staring at a WRX. The Outback was great, best snow vehicle I ever had, but at 47 years old, I wanted to feel some adrenaline. I do not know how, but I convinced my wife to trade my 2015 Forester for a 2016 black WRX STI. When I bought it, I felt great in the passenger seat, extremely comfortable and the engine rumble, made me feel powerful. I know I should not say that, but one time I engaged in a race with a 370Z Nissan, we were side to side at a 120 MPH, but the car kept asking for more, like telling me, is that all you have?. This is my daily commute car, it catches attention from people, especially young guys and Police patrols. This is a guys car, normally Women are not attracted by it, this is one of the reasons my wife allowed my to buy it. Overall, stiff suspension, good in cornering, good acceleration response, excellent handling, bad on gas(who cares), beautiful design, proven engine, good in dirt and ashfalt. Buy it, you wont regret it."

This car is a gem.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

"This car is amazing to drive. The hydraulic steering, 6 speed manual transmission (short gears, but shifts so smooth), and turbo, is matched with an amazing all-wheel drive system, as well as 3 different differentials which can be adjusted from a 41-59 ratio to a 50-50 lock. It has intelligent, sport, and sport # (sharp) modes as well, which basically adjusts the throttle response (simply put). The suspension is fairly stiff, but that will benefit you in the corners (or on track day). A car seat fits easily in the backseat, the trunk is huge, and I myself am 6'3" and can extend my left leg fully straight out onto the clutch. The vision is awesome out the front windshield, side windows, and even the rear window due to the high rear wing placement (functional by the way). The limited model has less head room due to moon roof, so if you plan to wear a helmet for track day, the base model is better. I have always driven rear wheel V-8, but this is a whole different style or car. Sticks like glue on road."

Jack-rabbit with cleats

By on Thursday, September 17, 2015

Pros: "power, price, performance, MPG, usability, resale"

Cons: "radio, interior noise, ride can be harsh sometimes"

"Great 4-door sports car able to run with much more expensive sedans. The Rex has been a reliable fun car for a year. Traction limits are so high -they are best explored at the track. getting 32MPG highway - so Subaru numbers are low (many others report over 30MPG highway. Real room in the back for full sized humans. Acceleration is dramatic - especially to 60mph. Visibility out is something many modern cars do not have - the WRX bucks that trend, great outward visibility. The critiques - radio sound is poor. the fuel door failed to open after 1st week - but was repaired under warranty. Ride can be harsh with 2 or 3 passengers in this low slung sports car. A Stage 1 or 2 tune - really wakes the car up -and does not hurt MPG. highly recommend this safe, inexpensive, usable everyday road burner. And it does Ok in snow even with summer tires (AWD)."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next