2015 Subaru WRX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,716 - $34,391.

Based on 4 Ratings for the 2015 models.

A Driver's Car

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievably Nimble, Exhaust Note"

Cons: "Dated infotainment, Stiff Ride"

"Your girlfriend isn't going to like this car. Your mother is going to shake her head when she see's the wing. None of that matters. You will look forward to your drive to work and think about the drive home the whole day. Compared to previous generation STI's the quality is really up on this one. An aggressive yet refined interior. The doors and trunk feel solid (however Subaru Rattles are already starting to rear their heads). The new shift linkage really helps the transmission feel solid and the stock exhaust is really great for an H4. I have the upgraded stereo and unfortunately the interface really isn't all that great, the maps are sluggish at best and the screen layout doesn't make much sense at all. The sound quality is greatly improved however. My fuel economy isn't terrible, up to 26 mpg on the highway with semi-spirited driving and about 18 mpg in town with heavily spirited driving. I regularly drive the car from Raleigh to Atlanta and it's quite comfortable although sometimes you wished the suspension was adjustable."

Fun car to drive

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Great sports car all year"

Cons: "Road noise, radio is terrible"

"Purchased the automatic that the sticker said got 25 mpg on the highway. Ive put 3000 miles on the car in the past two months and I've gotten approx 32 mpg on the Intelligent Drive setting. Car has 3 total settings that I believe re-map the ECU to give three different types of power bands. The leather seats are firm but very comfortable on long drives. I did check out the fabric seats and found them to stick into my back at the lower section of the seat. Power is great on the Sport Sharp setting but a bit weird on the Intelligent setting. The throttle response is held back for the increase in mileage and strange to get used to. However, 32 mpg hw is the trade off and with a push of the button, the full 270 HP comes out hard and fast. Car corners like a cat with claws on a carpet. Not having a sports care in the past, it has a couple of "issues" that I'm finding hard to get used to. One is the road noise on the highway. Tires are very loud on certain road surfaces. I'm not sure if its the tires or lack of insulation although I've read this has more insulation than previous generations. With the noise, its is sometimes difficult to have a quiet conversation or listen to the radio. I purchased and installed aftermarket insulation and it seems to have helped to a degree. But again, you can hear those tires. I guess I'll find out more when I put snow tires on this winter which is a must since the car comes with summer tires. Other issue is the stiff suspension and the car can be tough on the rougher surfaces. But again, this is a sports car and not a luxury car. Lastly, the basic radio is just plain a piece of junk. The sticker on my car was $32K. Why does the radio sound so horrible at that price? My previous car was a 2010 Legacy and the radio was very nice for a basic system. I didn't listen to the upgraded Harmon so not sure how that compares. Overall though, this is one heck of a car to drive. Power is incredible and handling is ridiculous. Driving it is just plain fun. For the price, you get a great sports car with all wheel drive for year round enjoyment and great on long rides as well. Commuting to work is now just too short of a drive at 25 minutes."

This car is a gem.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

"This car is amazing to drive. The hydraulic steering, 6 speed manual transmission (short gears, but shifts so smooth), and turbo, is matched with an amazing all-wheel drive system, as well as 3 different differentials which can be adjusted from a 41-59 ratio to a 50-50 lock. It has intelligent, sport, and sport # (sharp) modes as well, which basically adjusts the throttle response (simply put). The suspension is fairly stiff, but that will benefit you in the corners (or on track day). A car seat fits easily in the backseat, the trunk is huge, and I myself am 6'3" and can extend my left leg fully straight out onto the clutch. The vision is awesome out the front windshield, side windows, and even the rear window due to the high rear wing placement (functional by the way). The limited model has less head room due to moon roof, so if you plan to wear a helmet for track day, the base model is better. I have always driven rear wheel V-8, but this is a whole different style or car. Sticks like glue on road."

Great Ride

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Handling & Power"

Cons: "Cheap interior"

"This car handles like a go cart and has power to spare. I is a bit economy car inside, but for pure driving joy you can't beat it this price range."