• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Subaru Tribeca Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,314 - $32,397.

10/6.3

Based on 195 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Very High Rating among cars I've owned.

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value and dependability"

Cons: "Could use a couple of more horses under the hood"

"My summary tells it all. My brother has owned several Subaru vehicles and has great luck with them. This was our first and I have to agree, this car lived up to every expectation."

My Fast and Safe Minivan Substitute

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun, Safe, Fast, Powerful, Low Maintenance cost"

Cons: "Wipers, Relays and other parts only @ Dealer"

Love the Dashboard

"I have owned this car since 2010. It has needed nothing but oil changes, and New brakes. My friends always comment when getting into my car and how awesome it looks after being almost 10 years old. They would love to have my car, but Nissan's are "more affordable" they say. Every time I bring it to get the oil changed or to get it cleaned, I always get the compliment of that's a nice car. I will say that the one draw back to my car is that many of the items you do have to buy from the dealer. Windshield Wiper blades will run you $50 (you cannot buy at other stores) but they last almost 8 months to a year every time. If you need to repair something, it almost always has to come from a dealer (even if you go through another vendor), but I think it's probably the same with many other Subaru things. The things I Love! It has plenty of space, and after my husband drives our other car, he gets in mine and loves the way it just wants to take off. After owning my first Subaru and having to trade it in for a Grand Am (to lower monthly bills) I had nothing but regrets. I love the fact that I can pull over a snow mounded into a parking space in the city and still get out, without having to shovel. I always prefer to take my car with the kids in it, because even with this last winter we had, I never once had a loss of control. I know that many of the same vehicles get much worse on gas milage, but it really has everything to do with maintenance. The person that owned my car before me, had the 75,000 mile inspection and had every oil change documented. Currently my car with 143,000 still gets between 18 and 22 miles/gallon. I have a roof rack installed and use it for trips, I never had the hitch installed, but have been told my my mechanic that "it could pull a house" (limit of 3000lbs). I have never installed any hitch because I know that it is pretty hard on a vehicle. My husband has brought up me getting a new vehicle several times (because soon enough he feels age is going to catch up). I have gone car looking 2 times, and nothing has compared. Walked out of the dealership, happy to be in my own car again. Only thing I wish I would have in my car is the 3rd Row and entertainment system. But I will know better when I have to buy my next Tribeca, although this one shows no signs of giving up any times soon! The only thing I am interested in getting after this vehicle, is another one exactly like it!"

Love the Dashboard

A good choice for an all wheel drive

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Subaru is a good choice"

Cons: "Hard to do work on if you like to do it yourself"

"Bought used with 40000 miles. Have driven daily. Very good in snow and rain. Has a lot of room inside and with added tow hitch and roof rack can carry lots of gear or kayaks. Only negative is leather (pleather) seats."

I love this Subaru

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely wonderful, safe and distinctive looking"

Cons: "No cons at all."

"I bought this Subaru used, at one year old. I've been T-boned in this car. While you never want to have your nice car messed up in an accident, this is the car to be in if you're ever in an accident. I was so impressed with how it held up in the accident. I've been rear ended twice since. It's like being in a tank. The doors close like bank vaults. I now have over 100,000 miles on this car and all that I've ever replaced is one CV drive axle (due to a leaking boot) and numerous light bulbs. I absolutely love this car and would buy another one in an instant. I like the distinctive styling of the older models, not the Chrysler- like look of the new ones."

Not what I had hoped for in a Subaru.

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Cons: "Has great pick up in a tight spot."

"First I did not do my research and this car uses premium gas. So even though the mileage is fair it cost a lot for gas. Previous Subaru's I owned ran on regular. I had to replace the headlight 3 times. The dealership said that how long the head lights lasted would depend on the quality of the lamps. The dealership had replaced the lamps. Replaced the struts that hold up the back gate. Replaced 3 out of 4 door locks, that failed and been replaced. By 100,000 miles had to replace the evaporator for the air-conditioner. Made out of aluminium and supposedly does not hold up in Florida's conditions; we live ten miles from the beach. Replaced the front CV joints. The cabin air filter has to be replaced frequently, and one can count on buying new widow wipers every year. The utility plug in the back of the car for games to plug into has failed. The headsets to watch videos were flimsy at best, did not last long with kids using the headsets. With this vehicle one must replace all four tires at one time or it will cause damage to the transmission. I would not buy another tri-beca and looking to trade mine. This is Subaru's high dollar car. Needless to say I am very disappointed. Yes the engine and transmission have held up and I have kept up the service."