• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Subaru Tribeca Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,342 - $32,415.

10/6.3

Based on 197 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Love this car. Best car ever.

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "price was great, fun to drive, dependable, sporty"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I like this car better than Mercedes, Audi, Toyota and Jaguar and other cars I have owned in the past. It is dependable, great braking, hugs the road, rips up steep, wet driveways and has plenty of power for acceleration and a smooth ride. Very spacious for kids, sports equipment and dogs. The only negative is mileage--15 city; 24 highway. But, that is the price you pay for 6 cylinders."

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca, favorite Subaru yet!!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Styling, rear leg room, holds resale value!!!"

Cons: "None! It's great to drive!"

"My wife and I recently purchased a used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca with only 101k miles on it. We got a great deal, and could not pass it up. Prior to the Subaru, we had a 2006 Pontiac Torrent which we traded in, and are far more impressed with what this same model year Subaru has to offer! It has better styling, more room, and is overall better quality! While the gas mileage is sub-par, what more could you expect from a vehicle that has it all? We are more than impressed with this Subaru, and love the Subaru 3.0L Boxer engine. We are looking forward to years of happy traveling in this car!! We have owned very high mileage Subarus in the past (Forester, Legacy, Outback) which we all loved, but this Subaru has more to offer!"

Very High Rating among cars I've owned.

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value and dependability"

Cons: "Could use a couple of more horses under the hood"

"My summary tells it all. My brother has owned several Subaru vehicles and has great luck with them. This was our first and I have to agree, this car lived up to every expectation."

My Fast and Safe Minivan Substitute

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun, Safe, Fast, Powerful, Low Maintenance cost"

Cons: "Wipers, Relays and other parts only @ Dealer"

Love the Dashboard

"I have owned this car since 2010. It has needed nothing but oil changes, and New brakes. My friends always comment when getting into my car and how awesome it looks after being almost 10 years old. They would love to have my car, but Nissan's are "more affordable" they say. Every time I bring it to get the oil changed or to get it cleaned, I always get the compliment of that's a nice car. I will say that the one draw back to my car is that many of the items you do have to buy from the dealer. Windshield Wiper blades will run you $50 (you cannot buy at other stores) but they last almost 8 months to a year every time. If you need to repair something, it almost always has to come from a dealer (even if you go through another vendor), but I think it's probably the same with many other Subaru things. The things I Love! It has plenty of space, and after my husband drives our other car, he gets in mine and loves the way it just wants to take off. After owning my first Subaru and having to trade it in for a Grand Am (to lower monthly bills) I had nothing but regrets. I love the fact that I can pull over a snow mounded into a parking space in the city and still get out, without having to shovel. I always prefer to take my car with the kids in it, because even with this last winter we had, I never once had a loss of control. I know that many of the same vehicles get much worse on gas milage, but it really has everything to do with maintenance. The person that owned my car before me, had the 75,000 mile inspection and had every oil change documented. Currently my car with 143,000 still gets between 18 and 22 miles/gallon. I have a roof rack installed and use it for trips, I never had the hitch installed, but have been told my my mechanic that "it could pull a house" (limit of 3000lbs). I have never installed any hitch because I know that it is pretty hard on a vehicle. My husband has brought up me getting a new vehicle several times (because soon enough he feels age is going to catch up). I have gone car looking 2 times, and nothing has compared. Walked out of the dealership, happy to be in my own car again. Only thing I wish I would have in my car is the 3rd Row and entertainment system. But I will know better when I have to buy my next Tribeca, although this one shows no signs of giving up any times soon! The only thing I am interested in getting after this vehicle, is another one exactly like it!"

Love the Dashboard

A good choice for an all wheel drive

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Subaru is a good choice"

Cons: "Hard to do work on if you like to do it yourself"

"Bought used with 40000 miles. Have driven daily. Very good in snow and rain. Has a lot of room inside and with added tow hitch and roof rack can carry lots of gear or kayaks. Only negative is leather (pleather) seats."