• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Subaru Tribeca Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,262 - $30,503.

10/6.4

Based on 190 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Good value

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "expensive, needs some tweaking"

"This car has been reliable - especially in our Wisconsin winters. The 3rd row seating is great for kids, but not comfortable for adults. Has held up well with the wear and tear that kids put on vehicles. The only gripe I have is that the bushings needed replacement at 40,000 miles. perhaps the never-end road construction caused it, however I never had to replace bushings on a car that "young" before. the other gripe is the heat shield keeps coming loose and causing a rattling sound. Dealership tightened it up, but another tightening will cause the screws to strip and will require a replacement at almost $400! Subaru, fix this and the bunk bushings and you have a really decent vehicle."

What other SUVs want to be

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "its great"

"All I ever see about this vehicle are bad reviews on Yahoo or some other internet rag saying the styling is outdated, it is unoriginal, etc. All I see are other vehicles that have taken the same styling cues from the Tribeca that is supposedly such a bad vehicle. Sure, it only gets between 18-21mpg, but what other SUVs get better? I feel that the AWD feature of all Subarus is superior to anything that other manufacturers have and it has been very dependable. The engine is based on an industrial model so it will last a very long time. The only issue I had is with the power steering unit leaking and they repaired it under warranty. I have driven this in all types of weather and across all terrains from sand to mountains. This is the second Subaru that I have owned, and I would be willing to buy another when this one finally wears out (not for a long time!!) In my opinion, all you have to do is keep up with regular maintenance and change the transmission fluid regularly (do not take it to get flushed!!!)."

Drives great, interior quality low

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "great value for price, drives great"

Cons: "plastics appointments break easily"

"I have had my Tribeca for 4 years and I love getting into it everyday, but... there are little things that have bugged me. The windshield cracked one day for no reason just after it passed the 3 year warranty mark. The seats are hard to clean (DO NOT GET THE TAN COLOR if you have kids!) and the leather is much cheaper than the XC90 and the Highlander we have had in the past. Also, some interior appointments (with plastic) broke easily. Overall, I enjoy the interior cabin and I like the nighttime light display. I like the exterior look much better than all other 7 seater cars in this price range. Even with all the little things that bug me, I am considering getting another one. It drives way better that the XC90 in my experience (more aerodynamic and responsive on the road)."

wonder except

By on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"This vehicle has been the best ride and styling I have found. I love the performance and feel of the B9. There is a major hiccup with this vehicle. The rubber control arm bushings are a huge issue. They go out every 30K miles. Roughly $500 every time. If you purchase one, buy the extended warrenty. I didn't and now I am literally paying for it."

Just what we were looking for

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "AWD, Saftey, nice look, seems roomy"

Cons: "Small gas tank, stiff suspension"

"We finally outgrew our Plymonth Neon and decided on a mid size SUV for us and our 2 small kids. Living in Montana meant safety and road handling were important. We like the look and feel of the Tribeca and have been waiting for the right deal to come along. So far very happy with it. PS: On our first road trip we hit an unexpected blizzard on the way home and the vehicle did just as hoped."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25