2008 Subaru Tribeca

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

No need to look somewhere else...

By on Saturday, January 1, 2011

"This week, my wife and I just purchased a used '06 limited tribeca with 67k. The interior, performance and luxury options were very similar to our previous '06 Lexus GS430. We live in Reno/Sparks, NV and we just drove in my first snow storm and I the weather didn't phase the Tribeca. Smooth and reliable stability and the AWD system is amazing. We were very skeptical at first and always wondered why Subaru's are THE most common and popular vehicle brand in the Reno and Lake Tahoe region...we now know why. This is a well built SUV that will protect our family for many, many, many years. And by the way, heavy footed drivers tend to get poor gas mileage in any vehicle they drive. The Tribeca is very fair for the motor size, drivetrain and vehicle weight (4,155lbs) and in any season of the year, you should average approx. 20-24 MPG if you use the MPG gauge in the information/audio screen. The Tribeca is a luxury SUV without the $500+ monthly car payment and $200+ monthly insurance premium!"

Great, but not perfect.

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"I had experienced so so winter performance until I purchased Michelin tires to replace the OEM Goodyears, a good move. Overall, the Tribeca is a solid and reliable vehicle. The 3.6 boxer 6 provides more than enough power on regular fuel even at high altitudes. The interior has beautiful lines, but the silver plastic used on the dash scratches easily. The exterior looks like a Lexus RX350, which can be good OR bad. The only real flaws are the tiny gas tank which requires frequent fill ups, and the fact the steering wheel is way too close to the dash making for a long, tiring reach. I would recommend the Outback over the Tribeca, but if you are set on an SUV, you won't go wrong with a 2008+ Tribeca. Buy used, the premium price is too steep for what you get."

I LOVE this car!

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"I live and drive in the rocky mountains and for 7 months of the year am on VERY snowy roads. I've never had a problem controlling this car, and in fact often stay firmly on the road while I watch others spinning off left and right. It is THE best snow car I have ever driven. It has great pickup and is a very smooth ride. I will never own anything BUT a subaru from now on."

Great Value and Reliability

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"We leased this vehicle new three years ago and have now purchased it. It is primarily my wifes car although we use it for the family for ski and beach vacations. Currently has 22,000 trouble free miles on it. Been a great SUV. Love the room inside and the layout of the interior. Front grill is a bit ugly but the side lines and back are very attractive and well designed. Makes it hard to distinguish from the other high end SUVs (Lexus & Infinity). Very driveable car..excellent smooth braking system...only negative is the acceleration. It is has a tendency to pause for a second or so when accelerating from 20 or 30 MPH to enter onto a highway at speed. Once it gets past the pause however it speeds up very well. It is very comfortable for 5 people."

Excellent value

By on Friday, October 2, 2009

"After 55,000 trouble free miles I can honestly say I am impressed with this vehicle. Would I like to change a few things, sure, but overall it is great. Fun to drive, has just about every feature we wanted, was relatively cheap to buy compared to similar vehicles, and it has been very reliable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Tribeca near Honolulu. See local deals