1996 Subaru SVX

9.7

Based on 50 Ratings for the 1992 - 1997 models.

9.8/10
    9.9/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

Best car I have ever owned!!

By on Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Like with any car this car has it's downsides. The only thing is there is only one that I can think of with mine.....it requires premium fuel. I have tried to use regular (and it will run ok) but there is at least a 5 to 7 MPG difference between regular and premium. Eventhough the EPA rates it at 17/25, I have found that on a long trip (cruise control set and going through mountains) I was pulling down between 28 and 30 MPG HWY. For a car that size that weighs that much, I think that is just a phenominal average. This car's shortcomings include the transmission (about $3500 from a dealer w/a two year warranty), and the rear wheel bearings. Finding parts is a bit of a headache as well since the car is so unique that part-stores don't have a lot and to go to a dealer can cost an arm and a leg. Overall the pros out-weigh the cons. For the price, it can't be beat. the handeling and speed are superb and this is the best car I have ever owned."

Awesome car!

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"My baby brother bought the SVX new in 1992 when he was a bachelor and he babied it for years--then he gave it to me 3 years ago because his garage was filling up with Hummers and Volvos. It is my favorite car ever--I'm 55 and past my minivan years--and it gets lots of attention flying down the road. 232,000 miles and I think I can get it to 300,000. If you can find one, buy it!"

Excellent, Fun, Reliable Head-Turner

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"My SVX has 116000+ miles and all I do is keep up on the regular maintenance. It starts first time every time even here in North Idaho where it could be 5 degrees outside. It runs like a top (a fast, smooth beautiful top). I see no reason why I would not keep this car and enjoy it for many more years. It was way ahead of its time when it came out and it is still one of the nicest cars on the road. Subaru reliability in a fast, refined, comfortable, safe, luxury head turner."

Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"10 years old and still being stopped by strangers to talk about it.... sleek, fast, never a problem in 10 years."

Siren Song

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"My twin brother and I bought a '95 SVX back in '03 from an older gentleman in San Fransisco. When we got it, it needed a new fuel line, new brake pads, and some interior work. The man we got it from said that it had been his son's, but when he moved away he hadn't taken it with him. It had been sitting in the garage for about 5 years, which is why it needed a lot of work.after we bought it, we thought the parts would be difficult to find, but they were surprisingly easy. After we got it all fixed up, it runs like a charm. nothing else I've ever driven has compared to this car. It had 90k on it when i got it it now ha almost 250k, and it's still running strong. I would recommend this car to car enthusiasts, and new drivers alike, there is no car out there that i know of that can match this one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru SVX near Honolulu. See local deals