1995 Subaru SVX

9.6

Based on 51 Ratings for the 1992 - 1997 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

Excellent, Fun, Reliable Head-Turner

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"My SVX has 116000+ miles and all I do is keep up on the regular maintenance. It starts first time every time even here in North Idaho where it could be 5 degrees outside. It runs like a top (a fast, smooth beautiful top). I see no reason why I would not keep this car and enjoy it for many more years. It was way ahead of its time when it came out and it is still one of the nicest cars on the road. Subaru reliability in a fast, refined, comfortable, safe, luxury head turner."

92 SVX

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"I've had mine for 10 years. While not inexpensive to maintain it has been a wonderful car, in fact the best I've owned (I'm 53). The style is not for everyone, seems people either love it or hate it. This is not a car for the tuner crowd, aftermarket performance parts are rare and the stock tranny, brakes, and rear bearings will not stand up to a lot of abuse. It's a great touring car and mine gets great gas mileage, 25 around town and up to 32 on the highway if you drive in a sane manner. If you want something unusual that's fun to drive and comfortable you can't go wrong with one of these. Good examples are hard to find now, the production run ended in 97 after about 14000 units in the US."

Really fun sportcars, and it's not a Honda

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"I have owned 4 of these so far and would still own them if I did not have a small child. They are quick, responsive, fun and definitely a head turner. Great in any weather with standard features most brands charge you for. This is the original sport model that evolved into the WRX."

Love This Car

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"I have owned a '94 Subaru SVX for 14 years and loved it. I always had the required mantenance and oil changes done, and the car never let me down. It's finally time to upgrade to a new car and I hate to get rid of it."

Terrific car but not for beginners

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "awesome looks, unique. Smooth and fun to drive"

Cons: "maintenance cost, premium fuel"

"I own a 92 SVX LS. I bought it 10 years ago in FL. It is a fantastic car and I love it. It has never let me down or stranded me. Advertised MPG is, I believe, way underestimated as I typically get just under 24 around town and 27 on the highway at 75-80 mph. The car was manufactured from 92-97 with a total of around 25000 brought to the states. While some suggest parts are unavailable I've not found this to be true, they are however expensive. This is not a cheap car to maintain if you do it properly. It is not a car for young people on a budget or parents looking for a driver for high school or college kids. The car is designed to run on premium fuel. There are after market chips availabe to run it on 87 octane. In some forums owners claim they just run it on 87 and accept lower mileage. I don't think this is a good idea and would not recommend it. Bottom line: I love the car but I'd only recommend it to people who can afford to maintain it properly. If you do you'll be very happy with it. Happy SVXing."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru SVX near Honolulu. See local deals