1995 Subaru SVX

9.6

Based on 51 Ratings for the 1992 - 1997 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

Best car I have ever owned!!

By on Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Like with any car this car has it's downsides. The only thing is there is only one that I can think of with mine.....it requires premium fuel. I have tried to use regular (and it will run ok) but there is at least a 5 to 7 MPG difference between regular and premium. Eventhough the EPA rates it at 17/25, I have found that on a long trip (cruise control set and going through mountains) I was pulling down between 28 and 30 MPG HWY. For a car that size that weighs that much, I think that is just a phenominal average. This car's shortcomings include the transmission (about $3500 from a dealer w/a two year warranty), and the rear wheel bearings. Finding parts is a bit of a headache as well since the car is so unique that part-stores don't have a lot and to go to a dealer can cost an arm and a leg. Overall the pros out-weigh the cons. For the price, it can't be beat. the handeling and speed are superb and this is the best car I have ever owned."

Excellent, Fun, Reliable Head-Turner

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"My SVX has 116000+ miles and all I do is keep up on the regular maintenance. It starts first time every time even here in North Idaho where it could be 5 degrees outside. It runs like a top (a fast, smooth beautiful top). I see no reason why I would not keep this car and enjoy it for many more years. It was way ahead of its time when it came out and it is still one of the nicest cars on the road. Subaru reliability in a fast, refined, comfortable, safe, luxury head turner."

'92 Pearl and Black

By on Friday, August 12, 2011

Pros: "GREAT car. None better"

Cons: "License plates first year were $816!!!! Kind of glad it's now 20 years old."

"I bought NEW after local car show 20 years ago! Been driving it 20 years...everyday...everywhere. It is costly to maintain --especially now since parts are getting harder to find. Exterior sporty and everyone asks "what kind of car is that?!!" I'm always a hit at the fast food drive ups...They can't help but notice the awesome window design. Interior is ALL suede and leather--including dash. Rear folding seat, 6 speakers, CD player,pwr sunroof, etc... WAY before anyone else had one. After 20 years, I'm looking for a 2nd car to give my SVX a break sometimes...but nothing out there that compares! LOVE MY SVX."

92 SVX

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"I've had mine for 10 years. While not inexpensive to maintain it has been a wonderful car, in fact the best I've owned (I'm 53). The style is not for everyone, seems people either love it or hate it. This is not a car for the tuner crowd, aftermarket performance parts are rare and the stock tranny, brakes, and rear bearings will not stand up to a lot of abuse. It's a great touring car and mine gets great gas mileage, 25 around town and up to 32 on the highway if you drive in a sane manner. If you want something unusual that's fun to drive and comfortable you can't go wrong with one of these. Good examples are hard to find now, the production run ended in 97 after about 14000 units in the US."

Really fun sportcars, and it's not a Honda

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"I have owned 4 of these so far and would still own them if I did not have a small child. They are quick, responsive, fun and definitely a head turner. Great in any weather with standard features most brands charge you for. This is the original sport model that evolved into the WRX."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru SVX near Honolulu. See local deals