2015 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,796 - $25,343.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within the U.S.

9.7

Based on 3 Ratings for the 2015 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Best car I have ever owned

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "99% of this car is great"

Cons: "At least one accessory port should be on always"

"Everything is right where it should be. Amenities, power, convenience, MPG's, comfort, and safety. I have owned the car 3 weeks and I already have 3000 miles on it. My Outback has plenty of room. The only thing I would like to see is an accessory port that is always on (charge phone or electronics while car is off). I feel the wheel arch moldings should be better designed too. I recommend the Limited with the Navigation and push button start package."

First Subaru: 2015 Outback 3.6R

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Nice, Fun Car. Blindspot monitoring System"

Cons: "Starlink Apps, turning radius"

"Originally was interested in the 2015 Forester 4 cyl, but after reading about some oil consumption issues (including a lawsuit) with the 4 cyl decided to go for a 6 cyl instead. The 2015 Outback is a great car! The interior is much improved over past models (have a few friends with older outbacks). I decided to skip on the Eyesight/Navigation package (extra $3K and smartphones are handy). The new infotainment system is nice: touch screen, Sirius, HD radio. The speakers are nice and clear, but seen to be missing some depth to the sound. Love the USB ports - loaded up a 16GB flashdrive with Music. Could also display pictures, but don't know why that would be needed. The Starlink Apps are interesting, but I'm not sure they're entirely necessary. Should we really be reading news, stock info, etc during a trip? Seems more for the passenger than the driver (unless at a stoplight in which case the eyesight system would alert you to the traffic moving). Hopefully more apps will be added in the future. The 6 cyl with the CVT is great. I'm not a big CVT fan having test driven the Forester 4 cyl, but the engine is much quieter with the 6 cyl and with more pep. There is a little body-lean with turns (no big deal - tall car). Responsive steering. The Blindspot Monitoring system is FANTASTIC. Like the power tailgate. Larger turning radius needed, but I'm coming from an Accord Sedan. This car is a little wider. Very happy with purchase. Looking forward to 10+ years with this car."

We purchased our 2015 Outback on July 1st.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "beautiful inside and out"

Cons: "hope for gas mileage to improve, sm clock&temp #'s"

"It is our 1st Subaru. We are still trying to figure out nav. and other features. Salesman was not much help as it was new to him also. It is a beautiful vehicle. GM was the only brand we ever bought so this is a real change. Comparing the Equinox to the limited outback, there is no comparison as to standard options and car quality. The ride is very good. Mileage has not lived up to the sticker but we live in a very hilly area. Too new to judge. Time will tell. So far we like this vehicle very much."