2015 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,710 - $25,315.

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2015 models.

Worth the upgrade!

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "Noticeable improvements to every aspect"

Cons: "Wind noise overshadows great ride."

"Traded in my 2013 Subaru Outback with 30k miles because we wanted some added features ... was amazed at the trade-in value and that the redesign improved virtually every part of the car. Waited 2 months and it was worth it. The ONE thing is the wind noise on the passenger's side. Very annoying."

Really sweet ride.

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "good economy for vehicle this size and AWD."

Cons: "No auto door locks; small display for temp/time"

"Much quieter and smoother than previous Outback I had. I wish the doors locked/unlocked automatically. Also would prefer larger display for the outside temp and time. Really liked the adaptive cruise on recent round trip from IN to FL. Very comfortable ride."

The BEST car I ever bought!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Safe, comfortable, great value for the money."

Cons: "None."

"My wife and I are retired and in our mid 60's. We wanted a car with all the safety electronics and this 2015 Outback is it. We bought the first Outback that Andersen Subaru had with all the electronic safety devices. Eye Sight, BLIS, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and adaptive cruise control. But the quality, fit and finish, and ride all sell this car. Our's is Pearl White and it is magnificent. And, our insurance only costs 21 cents/6 months more than our 2009 Forrester!! This is a great car!"

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "good price great car"

"I commute 450 miles a week, much of it before sunup and in heavy expressway and country road traffic. I wanted a safe, reliable, durable vehicle. We have been very happy with the design, quality, room, ride, and visibility. We got all the electronic gadgets on a premier model. The 2.5 engine is certainly not made for racing, but it is spritely and responsive. We are thrilled with the 'gadgets', especially blind spot detection and modulated cruise control. I have a light foot on the accelerator, but I have been getting 37-40 mpg on the highway and around 30 in mixed driving. We hope to be driving this car for 10 years!"

First Subaru: 2015 Outback 3.6R

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Nice, Fun Car. Blindspot monitoring System"

Cons: "Starlink Apps, turning radius"

"Originally was interested in the 2015 Forester 4 cyl, but after reading about some oil consumption issues (including a lawsuit) with the 4 cyl decided to go for a 6 cyl instead. The 2015 Outback is a great car! The interior is much improved over past models (have a few friends with older outbacks). I decided to skip on the Eyesight/Navigation package (extra $3K and smartphones are handy). The new infotainment system is nice: touch screen, Sirius, HD radio. The speakers are nice and clear, but seen to be missing some depth to the sound. Love the USB ports - loaded up a 16GB flashdrive with Music. Could also display pictures, but don't know why that would be needed. The Starlink Apps are interesting, but I'm not sure they're entirely necessary. Should we really be reading news, stock info, etc during a trip? Seems more for the passenger than the driver (unless at a stoplight in which case the eyesight system would alert you to the traffic moving). Hopefully more apps will be added in the future. The 6 cyl with the CVT is great. I'm not a big CVT fan having test driven the Forester 4 cyl, but the engine is much quieter with the 6 cyl and with more pep. There is a little body-lean with turns (no big deal - tall car). Responsive steering. The Blindspot Monitoring system is FANTASTIC. Like the power tailgate. Larger turning radius needed, but I'm coming from an Accord Sedan. This car is a little wider. Very happy with purchase. Looking forward to 10+ years with this car."