2015 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,104 - $24,675.

Based on 9 Ratings for the 2015 models.

Per Page:  5 | 10

great vehicle with ridiculous flaw

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "safety and comfort"

Cons: "quality control"

"A great car with unacceptable wind noise from the passenger side window. Ruins an otherwise beautiful car. Did not hear it on the test drive. Seems strange that Subaru is aware of the problem, but is leaving the fix up to the dealer. Would not recommend this car until the problem is resolved."

Test Drove and Fell in Love!!!!!!

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

I want this car

"My family and I have been researching new cars for me to take to take to Colorado State University. After much research about which car is the best for mud, snow, rocks and mountainous terrain, I have discovered the Outback is the perfect wagon for Colorado. Unlike Subaru’s previous designs of the Outback, the 2015 is lean and smoothly crafted, and is available in nine different colors. Brighter and more noticeable colors are available and great for people who drive in the snow, so they can be noticed from hundreds of yards away, in the white snow. After test driving the wagon, I realized the sleek and patent design was only one of the many things that made this wagon a must buy. While driving the wagon, I noticed it absorbed most all shock which made the drive very smooth and comfortable. I might as well of been driving a cloud because the wagon felt just as smooth, even through the snow and ice. Also, the 2015 Outback has two more inches of shoulder room in the front seats. So whether it’s snow jacket season in the Rockies or I just need some space, I will never feel cramped in the Outback. Another reason why the 2015 Subaru Outback is for the mountains is because it’s all-wheel-drive. The all-wheel-drive is better than other all-wheel-drives because the Outback offers an”X-Mode”. During my test drive I was able to test the X-Mode out for myself. This mode is designed for going off-road and saves gas, keeps the driver in control of the car and prevents wheelspin. While the Subaru runs great in any terrain, I believe it runs even better on rocks, mud, snow and any other terrain your car can’t make it through. After I discovered all the amazing tricks the Outback has up it’s sleeve, I realized $24,809 is an affordable price for such a diverse and reliable mid-size wagon. There are so many great cars, but only the 2015 Subaru Outback provides everything necessary and more for driving and surviving in the mountains."

Good Car over all, but issues on quality control

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Great features and enhancements vs. competitors"

Cons: "bad quality control on details, experience spoiler"

"I have just purchased the vehicle after a 2 months waiting period. Model purchased was the one with EyeSight which is pretty impressive. Over all the features offered on this vehicle are the best value for money compared with any other maker in its class. Now, that was the good part. The bad part is that the quality control at Subaru plant in Indiana has been poor lately. What seems to be the issue? Serious wind noise coming from the passenger side. It is so annoying that the radio needs to be turned up pretty loud to overcome the wind noise. Now, on a car on which I only put 40 miles, this is not good. Although Subaru is aware of the issue the did not released an official bulletin to get it fixed, so you are at the mercy of the dealer where you buy it from. My suggestion is to hold off buying one at this time, or make sure you do not take delivery of the vehicle until you drive test it at speeds over 60 mph on a highway. Apparently not every one had the issue, so is a hit or miss. What makes things worst it that Subaru will not admit to any faults at this time. Being a new model, is always a challenge in the real world, but trying to sweep it under the rug, is pretty bad PR. Over all, if you get one that drives ok and is not noisy, you will probably be happy with it."

More than I expected

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "A great car for a good price."

Cons: "small clock and outside temp gages"

"After 3 months of research I decided this was the car for me. After one month I am more than just pleased. The eye sight system works perfectly and the handling is fine. The car gets the estimated gas millage or better and driving comfort is good but not perfect. The seats should have been made a little longer but that is a minor issue."

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "good price great car"

"I commute 450 miles a week, much of it before sunup and in heavy expressway and country road traffic. I wanted a safe, reliable, durable vehicle. We have been very happy with the design, quality, room, ride, and visibility. We got all the electronic gadgets on a premier model. The 2.5 engine is certainly not made for racing, but it is spritely and responsive. We are thrilled with the 'gadgets', especially blind spot detection and modulated cruise control. I have a light foot on the accelerator, but I have been getting 37-40 mpg on the highway and around 30 in mixed driving. We hope to be driving this car for 10 years!"

Per Page:  5 | 10