2015 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,038 - $24,587.

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2015 models.

My first new Subie and I love it!

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "Sporty look and feel, lots of cool features."

Cons: "Standard stereo could be beefier, sticky gas door."

"It was time to say goodbye to our 2007 Dodge Ram, and another Subie (my other one is 1999 Outback with 210K on it) seemed the obvious choice. So far I love this car. It's like driving a spaceship. Yes, there is the wind noise, and I think there is a technical service bulletin issued for it. I also got one with the sticky gas door that has a bulletin issued too. I will have those dealt with when she goes in for her first oil change. The car looks and feels sporty and strong. All the seats are comfortable, and I like how finely I can adjust the drivers seat. The gas mileage is nothing to write home about, but 27ish for my daily commute is ok. New 'bus definitely don't have the cargo space of my old gal, but then again I won't be using it as a farm wagon like the 99 (yep, even hauled sheep). We got a good deal on the trade in, good financing, extended warranty, so nothing to complain about, and fun fun fun to drive."

I like this subaru more than eny car i have owned.

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "small clock needs motion door locks"

"We have had our outback 2.5 premium near 6 months with 7632 miles the gas average is 29.2 per gallon. not bad for suv all wheel drive."

If I had it to do over, I would not have.

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Drives nice, especially in poor weather"

Cons: "Company won't stand behind their product"

"I'm not happy with my Subaru Outback, and I'm not happy with Subaru of America. Interior is not designed well. clock is tiny, light in the glove box is worthless, visors are cheap. But why I am really unhappy is that the gap between the car and the rear hatch is 3 mm larger on one side than the other. It is just shoddy workmanship. There is no way to adjust the hatch. Subaru Corp tells me that it is 'within specs' but they refuse to tell me what their 'specs' are. This is a car with a manually operated hatch. You won't see this problem on the ones with automatic hatches. Go to a dealer and check this out, more Outbacks on the lot have this problem than don't. But mine is the most extreme I have seem."

Solid Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

"We have had our Outback for about 6 months now. We put a little over 9,000 miles on it. Pros: Smooth Ride Comfortable Spacious Handles Like a Car Tech (Except for voice recognition) Auto Climate Control feels responsive and does good Cons: Gas Mileage (Best we got on highway over the summer was 29mpg at 63 MPH - some have said it gets better after about 10k miles) Wind Noise (Driver can get used to it, pretty loud for passenger to ignore, was told by dealer to wait for Subaru to release a fix) Navigation (Don't be stupid like me, your phone will always be up to date and depending on the software you use you will get traffic data and an easy to use interface) Voice Recognition (Completely unusable, I had no issues with this in the '13 Focus we traded) Overall the only con that bothers me is the MPG, especially since that was a major factor (just behind reliability) for buying this car."

First Subaru

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage and driving dynamics for a 4wd auto"

Cons: "I wanted the auto locking doors"

"Ihave always had 4wd vehicles of some type. I wanted to keep 4wd but also wanted better gas mileage than the vehicles I have owned in the past. The fuel mileage is great. The wind noise is not terrible but more than should be for a newer vehicle. I would like to have autolocks as well, only seems natural for a vehicle these days. Overall its a lot of car for the money, I own the 2.5I Premium. If it lasts like they say the Subaru is famous for, it wont be my last one."