2015 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,385 - $24,972.

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2015 models.

Great Value

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive."

Cons: "unknown yet"

"For the price. This car is very valueable."

EXCELLENT CAR

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "I got a great price and the car is a lot of fun"

"I just purchased an outback 3.6R with all the options. This is one amazing automobile I have no idea where the people complaining about wind noise came up with that problem. My car is absolutely quiet except for the lovely growl of the six when punched. I owned a Camry hybrid before this and this car is quieter. The gas mileage is fair but as good as most 6-cylinder suv types. The car is very comfortable and so far I would buy it again."

Great car & outstanding value

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value, and very comfortable."

Cons: "Gas mileage & door locks."

"I am now four months into ownership of my Outback Limited with Eyesight and have to say it is a great car. I really enjoy the way it drives. While certainly not a sports car, it holds the road amazingly well, especially over rough pavement. The 2.5 liter engine has more than enough power for me and I find it only noisy under hard acceleration. It is very acceptable in normal driving. Overall, the car cabin is very quiet. The seats are comfortable, though not quite what one would get in a luxury sports car. The interior is much more refined than Subarus in past years. Back seat space is amazingly generous and even those seats recline - very comfy for four adults on a road trip. The Eyesight system is a great safety system and the adaptive cruise control is wonderful addition. It is fascinating to watch your car automatically adjust to the flow of traffic on its own. The cons for this car are minor for me. I'd like it if the doors auto-locked when the car moves and the locked doors unlock with a double-pull as they do on most other cars. This is also the only car I've ever had that didn't meet its EPA mileage. I'm only about 10% under the city mileage, which is reasonable for a big car, but apparently this is one area where the car falls short of its expected numbers. Overall, if you need a car this size, this is one of the best overall values on the market. I'm very pleased with it."

Love it!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "gas mileage..comfortable..AWD...hugs the road"

Cons: "radio, clock, (little stuff)"

"You know I have read most of the comments on this site and the Outback site and I will have to say after seeing all the issues people are having I'm so GLAD my 15 OB Prem is one of the best cars I have owned. So far I have not had the issues everyone is complaining about. It makes me wonder is it the car or the people? I have gotten great gas mileage so far in the city I'm getting 27mpg. Its not a race car folks. What do you expect? It's a great car not perfect but a great car. I have not had any of the issues of 'wind noise", sure there is some but again it's not perfect. Yes the clock is tiny but oh well. People you need to chill out!"

couple major flaws keeps it from being a great car

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Nice ride, lots of room, great visability as well"

Cons: "Noisy, not great mpg, no auto door locks."

"Took possession of our 2015 fully loaded Outback in November and have put over 8000 miles on our car mainly highway. First the car is very comfortable and fun to drive with lots of interior space. Have a four cylinder so it is quite noisy getting up to highway speed, salesman suggested I just turn up the radio. Gas mileage is not close to epa specs, 28 to 29 on highway and 21 in city and these are honest results. Be nice if car seats were a little longer on the thighs. Oh car doors do not lock automatically when car is placed in drive nor do they unlock automatically when in park. We really like the car but just wish for better mileage and it was no so noisy getting up to speed."