2015 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,382 - $24,965.

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

Really sweet ride.

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "good economy for vehicle this size and AWD."

Cons: "No auto door locks; small display for temp/time"

"Much quieter and smoother than previous Outback I had. I wish the doors locked/unlocked automatically. Also would prefer larger display for the outside temp and time. Really liked the adaptive cruise on recent round trip from IN to FL. Very comfortable ride."

GREAT VEHICLE WITH A FEW PROBLEMS

By on Monday, June 29, 2015

Pros: "Excellent overall, fantastic safety features,"

Cons: "battery undersized"

"First let me say Subaru company did an excellent job of making sure my problems were fully taken care of. The big problem we had, our vehicle had about 1200 miles on it and in late January the battery froze and expanded. We wound up getting 3 new batteries over the next several weeks. Twice the vehicle was brought to the dealer by flatbed and was at there for 4-6 days. The original and replacement batteries are vastly undersized in cold cranking amps ( less than 400 )"

All that I expected and more

By on Sunday, May 24, 2015

Pros: "EyeSight, lots of great features, very comfortable"

"I researched this car for several years before I bought my 2015 Outback Limited. I'm in my car for 2+ hrs every day so bought my car fully loaded with everything. I read a ton of reviews and wrote down every concern that I thought may be a concern for me. My car was built in Feb 2015 and is perfect. I have no passenger side window noise. No hesitation when stepping on the gas in my 4 cylinder. If I could change anything it would be a little larger clock and outside temp display. I'm 49 and wear reading glasses... but not when I drive. The clock and temp display are a little on the small side and not front and center... but this I can live with for sure. One thing I wasn't told is that CVT cars rev higher when first turning on your car... and brand new cars have some type of computer system that is evaluating the cars performance and as a result your gas milage is not as good as reported. I am a very conservative driver and have been watching my mpg increase slightly with every fill up. I started out around 22 mpg... now up to 27 mpg. I was told that in warmer weather mpg will increase as well. The jury is still out on this though. On the positive side I find something new in this car that I love every week. The radio has a rewind button just like the DVR feature on your home TV... very cool. The Eye Sight feature in cruise control is awesome... and works perfectly. I was nervous testing it out but it will actually stop your car very smoothly if the car in front of you comes to a stop. Every car on the road should have this. Lane departure is a great feature for younger new drivers... or older drivers like myself that tend to look around while I drive. I could go on and on... this is a great car and I love it."

Worth the upgrade!

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "Noticeable improvements to every aspect"

Cons: "Wind noise overshadows great ride."

"Traded in my 2013 Subaru Outback with 30k miles because we wanted some added features ... was amazed at the trade-in value and that the redesign improved virtually every part of the car. Waited 2 months and it was worth it. The ONE thing is the wind noise on the passenger's side. Very annoying."

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "good price great car"

"I commute 450 miles a week, much of it before sunup and in heavy expressway and country road traffic. I wanted a safe, reliable, durable vehicle. We have been very happy with the design, quality, room, ride, and visibility. We got all the electronic gadgets on a premier model. The 2.5 engine is certainly not made for racing, but it is spritely and responsive. We are thrilled with the 'gadgets', especially blind spot detection and modulated cruise control. I have a light foot on the accelerator, but I have been getting 37-40 mpg on the highway and around 30 in mixed driving. We hope to be driving this car for 10 years!"