2014 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,501 - $23,372.

10/6.8

Based on 204 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Great Gas mileage, good handling, love the all wheel drive. In love with this car."

Quality Car

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"We bought our Outback in Aug, 2009 when it was first launched. Other than a couple recall items, it's been perfect. It's comfortable, good fuel mileage, and a good Point A to Point B utility car. I feel comfortable that my wife/daughter are safe in it. My last Subaru lasted 9 years before I sold it (only because I outgrew it and it drove perfect when I sold it) and I expect this one will last longer. Subaru is a good company that stands behind it's vehicles and customers. They even sent a service voucher for the inconvenience for the recall items towards future service. The CVT transmission is great, easy to adjust to. And average fuel mileage is between 27-28 mpg for city+highway. It can get 31 if you drive interstate only. And the AWD is unstoppable in the snow. I had it in snow up to the bottom of the bumper and it did great. My only complaint was the fixed mirrors and Subaru fixed those with the 2011 model. And 2011 mirrors can be used to replace 2010 broken ones. You won't win any races in it, you won't feel that driving excitement of a Porsche in it, but it'll always get you there, wherever there is in any weather."

Living up to the hype...

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"We live in Wisconsin and here were our needs when looking for a new vehicle... All-wheel drive.... check Room for kids, their gear and the dog... check Safety... check Heated seats (wife).... check 20 miles to the gallon... check!!! more like 24 Spend less than 25K.... check I never thought of buying one until my uncle told us how much he liked his forester. So far, it's living up to the hype. My brother said it's twice the car of his Camary for the money."

Love it!

By on Friday, December 03, 2010

"I love my 2010 Outback!!! It is so comfortable for adults in the front and back seats plus it has the perfect amount of cargo area. Lots of added features make it fun and easy to drive. I do wish it automatically locked the doors though."

5k miles of automotive bliss

By on Monday, November 22, 2010

"I researched my new car purchase for almost a year. I am going to retire January '11 and my dream is to criss cross North America, meeting & greeting the people, and accessing the places that await. My requirements were for a capable, durable, comfortable, and economic vehicle. My 2011 Limited CVT/moon/HarmonKardon more that meets the bill. In the interest of full disclosure, my brother is a service mgr for Subaru for the past seven years, and my son drives a 1999 Outback Legacy MT. Further, two coworkers bought 2010 OB's and went thru our Minnesota winter in style. I wanted what these people had, and I got it! The car is solid in every respect, absolutley rock solid. No odd noises (well, the electric brake has a unique "tone"). It tracks true, no steering shimmy at any speed under any conditions (see below). The amenities are first class; Auto Climate works like magic, remote start with the heated leather seats is a pure indulgence, and Homelight welcomes me with an open garage door and porch light on. Autodimmer rearview mirror for those bright light behind me is yet another handsfree example of letting me the driver, drive. What a concept. iPod Touch off the USB port, Bluetooth cell phone with better audio than the phone itself. Back-up camera - of course. Cruise control that is a set-and-forget feature, that lets me glance at the performance curve, or lack thereof, of the CVT. The past two weekends have demonstrated the superiority of the technology and safety features in ALL Subarus made across their line (OB's are made is Layfette, IN and is a plus for me too). Ten inches of snow were mere child's play. A more challenging test was two days ago - ice, as in ICE!!! The challenge? Weaving my way thru all the cars and trucks that were stopped, stalled, or spun out. The downside? Becoming overconfident with this fine machines abilities - which far exceed those of their 64 years old, 6'5" 200 plus plus pound owner. I can live with that...I'll say it again - I can LIVE with that. From the last shuttle launch in February to Alaska in the Fall - let's go! See you there, this from the HorizonHobo"