2014 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,684 - $22,598.

10/6.8

Based on 230 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Highest reliability rating.

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "Very spacious interior, highest reliability rating, great quality"

Cons: "lacks push-button start and blind-spot safety monitoring features"

"Outstanding AWD design, comfort, engineering, economy, and value in 2.5i Limited model auto, 4cyl 22-29 mpg. Metal timing belt never requires changing; antifreeze will last 100,000 miles. Towing capacity is 2,500 lbs w/4cyl engine. Hudge interior space is perfect for seniors and tall drivers. Model has electric parking brake and hill-hold features."

My 10th Subaru 1st outback

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Great fit and finish, quiet, comfortable and Harmon Kardon is awesome"

Cons: "OEM tires see review."

"Traded a 09 Forester and a 10 Legacy for an 11 Outback 2.5 Ltd. because my partner was unable to drive any more. She wanted to keep the Forester and I wanted to keep the Legacy. My solution was the best of both worlds. Bought in Apr. 11 and have made 3 long trips in the car. I really thought I'd miss the Legacy but I don't, it is as comfortable gets almost as good on gas mileage and is an absolute pleasure to drive on a long road trip. I owned a lot of Subies since 92 all have been sedans but the Forester and although in the past I've HATED wagons I couldn't be more pleased with my COMPROMISE. My only complaint with the car was the OEM tires. Those Continentals just didn't cut in the rain and living in the Northwest I replaced them at 800 mi. with the Goodyear Advantage Tripletread and that is the tire that is PERFECT for this car."

Love the 2011 Outback Limited

By on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pros: "Fun, and get a lot of people saying how they love the style"

"To Tennessee and Florida and back, with 4 people and luggage in rooftop turtle.Two separate trips. Gas mileage getting better at 33 MPG usually 29 . Handles very well and found definate need for Auto /Manual CVT Tranny in the Smokey Mtns. Work great!"

Excellent car but curious about snow performance

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pros: "Excellent handilng, sufficient power, excellent gas mileage, standard all wheel drive"

Cons: "no lumbar support for the 2.5i, no fog lamps for 2.5i, lousy factory tires, no all weather mats"

"I owned a 2004 Buick Rainier CXL before purchasing the 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5. The Rainier had A LOT of problems, and it turned out to be absolute junk. The Outback may not have the tv in the back, premium sound system, leather seats, or built in air compressor, but it handles spectacularly. The basic 2.5 L 4 cylinder engine has plenty of power for city driving- it may even be quicker than my 5.7 L 8 cylinder Rainier! The gas mileage that I obtain is phenomenal. I get about 40 mpg on the highway and 27 mpg in the city. I can only think of a few negative aspects of this car. 1. lack of lumbar support on basic model 2. no fog lamps 3. slippery steering wheel has no finger grooves 4. rubbish factory tires 5. no all weather mats- come on! Subarus are meant for relatively outdoorsy people... Keep in mind that mine is the very basic model. The upper level versions come with lumbar support, fog lamps, all weather mats, and the other non necessity items. You will still need to replace the tires if you live in a snowy cold region. Other than that, I love this car. I will certainly purchase another Subaru in the future. Maybe even a Forester... I am curious to find out how well this vehicle will perform on the wintry hills of New Hampshire. I have heard negative things about the newly added VDC. Hopefully this model will be able to pull less capable vehicles out of ditches like its later model predecessors. I highly recommend this vehicle."

best autimobile ever owned

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cons: "rear door need.s an automatic lift"

"it is by far the best automobile i have owned the quality is unreal best car in the snow and heavy rain it is real stable fuel mileage is great i find that the more you drive it the better the fuel mileage i get comments like i didn't know SUBARU MADE A CAR THIS NICE also SUBARU does not forget you after the sale . i have owned toyota,honda,nissan,ford,chevrolet, but subaru outback from now on."