2014 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,262 - $22,178.

10/6.8

Based on 221 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Horrible Ergonomics

By on Friday, March 25, 2011

"I have been enduring driving a 2011 Outback Premium with "all the trimmings" which I bought 4 months ago. Performance etc. are OK, but driver ergonomics are worse than I have ever experienced in any car. Too short, too hard seats and left-shifted brake and gas pedals which are also placed at a too steep angle compared to "normal" cars enforce a very unnatural, twisted right leg posture that causes permanent stress on the knee and ankles, resulting in persistent knee pain, patellar tendon pain and even cramps in lower leg muscles. Beats me how this company can sell cars with such dismal ergonomics. Almost every drive ends up being a torture. I have tried all seat and steering wheel adjustments that are possible - nothing helps. Hence one star. Don't buy this - buy a well designed competitor product. Bought at 29k, the 4 month later trade-in I was offered was 23,000 despite excellent condition. Hence, Kelly estimate is too high and value lower than expected. Hence, only 3 stars for value."

2011 Ltd. Nice vehicle

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"I purchased a 2011 Outback Ltd. with navigation in February 2011. This was the 3rd Subaru I have owned. (Had a 1992 SVX, and a 2000 4 cyl. Outback). I kept the SVX for 12 years and had very little trouble with it, and I traded the 2000 outback on the 2011 Ltd. The dealer gave me better than Kelley High book estimate for this trade. (It was in excellent condition and had only 78000 Miles). The new Ltd. has taken some getting used to, since it sits higher, looks bigger than previous models, and is more "SUV" like in my opinion. Actually, I am not particularly enamored with the new appearance, but it is OK. I was torn between the practicality of an outback, and a sporier model from a different brand, but practicality won out, and I think I made the right decision. My old outback had a fairly nice rice, but the 2011's ride, is superb. It is not a "canyon carver", but it handles well, and is very pleasant to drive. I have not experienced any steering wheel shake mentioned by other reviewers. Gas mileage with the six cyl. is what I expected. I get about 17 MPG for my mostly City driving, and have gotten 24 MPG on the one highway trip I have taken. The Navigation, XM radio, Etc. are not as instinctive to use as other vehicles I have owned which were similarly equipped. It has taken me a month to become fairly familiar with these items. Fit and Finish is very good, and thus far I am quite satisfied with my purchase. Anyone with an interest in, or a need for a "crossover" type SUV/wagon will probably not find a better vehicle of this type in it's price range."

Best Built SUV

By on Monday, March 14, 2011

"I have owned many different cars in my 62 years but I have never seen the quality that Subaru has built in to the Outback. I have owned nearly all the major brands of cars and know that Subaru has built the ultimate quality vehicle. One need not look at any other vehicle. You get the quality and value of much higher priced vehicles for a very modest cost with a Subaru Outback."

What Else Can You Say

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"I purchased my 2010 Outback Premium in August 2010. My previous subaru was a 99 Legacy which had 240,000 miles on it (and was still going strong). I really wanted a new Subaru and fell in love the new body style. I love the ground clearance and the ride is unbelievable. So far, the only complaint that I have is the inability to check the transmission fluid. If you want it done, you have to take it to the dealer who has to put it on the lift and check it with a computer (CVT model). This was not my first Subaru and will not be my last."

excellent

By on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"smooth excellent gas mileage 33.3 plus hiway excellent in snow live in msp every guage cruise radio heater in easy reach on of the best cars ihave owned"