2014 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,618 - $22,552.

10/6.8

Based on 243 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

LOVE IT!

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "power, AWD, Great price for all the features"

"This care meets my EVERY need! I couldn't ask for more. It drives well in rain and snow! The power is amazing for the bigger body style!"

interesting vehicle

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"I looked at or tried just about every vehicle out there that would interest me. I went into this purchase with no preference. i ended up with an outback because it most closely met my needs. I wanted a SUV but not a large one. This car was American made which was important to me. I had a Pontiaac Aztek and really liked the ride and handling it provided and quite honestly i don't think the Subaru rides as well, but i really do like the car. It handles well, sits well and its size is not overwhelming. Most of all i like the MPG. Haven't yet gotten under 30.0 on ANY tank so far. the best i got on a 110 mile trip was 34.1 and i got 504.1 miles on one tank. I liked the Buick better but it was just too big and gas consumption was too high not to mention the difference in price. This car is a good value for the money and if you shop around, they will deal on price. I really haven't found one thing about it dont like, oh, year, there is. I would like the tile wheel to tilt at the top of the steering column rather than having the whole column drop."

it's ok, but has a few problams

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

Reason: slow, poor 6-sp man. used oil

Pros: "awd. solid car"

Cons: "oil useage. noisy and weak engine. cheap paint"

"i bought a 2013 6-sp. man. premium model new in july of 2013.nice car, decent mpg, quiet and solid. didn't want the CVT, so i bought the 6-speed. it was a little sloppy. after several thousand miles found the engine to loud and not very powerful. the paint is to thin or something, ended up with dents and dings everywhere. always had to check and add a little oil. The final straw was a drive to Marco Island, Florida from cincinnati. got 10 miles from marco and the oil light came on. checked the the dip stick, had to add about 3 qts. of oil. subaru has a law suit against them for oil useage. did love the AWD. ended up trading it in on a used land rover lr2 in oct. 2014. love it! big 6 cyl and regular 6-speed auto. quick and quiet car. hopefully the 2015's are better."

Great Car.

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Rugged and reliable!"

Cons: "Cup holders."

"Super reliable. Never had a problem. Love how much I can stuff inside this car and it actually seems to love hills, snow and back/dirt roads. Super reliable heated seats. Starts without a hitch in zero temps. Great AC too for summer months. Awesome sun roof. Great for sporty types who want a good looking car but also want to stuff it with gear. Came with two sets of mats, rubber (washable) and rug like. Could use better center-console cup holders, they are hard to access when driving and the sound system is good but not great."

2011 Ltd. Nice vehicle

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"I purchased a 2011 Outback Ltd. with navigation in February 2011. This was the 3rd Subaru I have owned. (Had a 1992 SVX, and a 2000 4 cyl. Outback). I kept the SVX for 12 years and had very little trouble with it, and I traded the 2000 outback on the 2011 Ltd. The dealer gave me better than Kelley High book estimate for this trade. (It was in excellent condition and had only 78000 Miles). The new Ltd. has taken some getting used to, since it sits higher, looks bigger than previous models, and is more "SUV" like in my opinion. Actually, I am not particularly enamored with the new appearance, but it is OK. I was torn between the practicality of an outback, and a sporier model from a different brand, but practicality won out, and I think I made the right decision. My old outback had a fairly nice rice, but the 2011's ride, is superb. It is not a "canyon carver", but it handles well, and is very pleasant to drive. I have not experienced any steering wheel shake mentioned by other reviewers. Gas mileage with the six cyl. is what I expected. I get about 17 MPG for my mostly City driving, and have gotten 24 MPG on the one highway trip I have taken. The Navigation, XM radio, Etc. are not as instinctive to use as other vehicles I have owned which were similarly equipped. It has taken me a month to become fairly familiar with these items. Fit and Finish is very good, and thus far I am quite satisfied with my purchase. Anyone with an interest in, or a need for a "crossover" type SUV/wagon will probably not find a better vehicle of this type in it's price range."