2014 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,704 - $22,612.

10/6.8

Based on 246 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

I am impressed

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and handles great!"

Cons: "Some of the electronics are overwhelming"

"I have driven mid sized SUV for Ford. I wanted all wheel drive and upright seating. I drove the Outback 2.5 Limited and was hooked. The handling, no torque steer, smooth ride and well placed controls. 5k miles and an avg of 27mpg. Highways speeds of 70+ and have gotten 31 mpg. The auto lights are the only complaint I have. They should shut off on their own after 30-60 seconds of the car turning off. Great car!"

value and price can't be beat

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Excellent value, 5 star safety rated"

Cons: "2.5 engine could use more power"

"I purchased the Outback 2.5 Limited in black. For the price this car can't be beat. Compared to a Jeep Cherokee Limited or Toyota Venza it is thousands less. The gas mileage and ride quality are excellent. I was so impressed with this car I purchased stock in the company."

An absolute gem..........

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

"I visited the dealer several times test driving the Tribeca, Forrester and Outback. I was sold on the Outback the second time around test driving it. This car has a lot of get up and go. I love my new Outback! The standard features are great, I especially like the back up camera in the rear view mirror. I did not get the remote engine starter but when I do my taxes this will be the first thing I install. The heated leather seats are a plus, no complaints from this owner. Thanks Subaru!"

Great all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Good value, comfortable, roomy, versatile"

Cons: "No seat memory settings or auto locks in drive"

"Best value in its class. Bought it in May 2011-no problems. Good looking, comfortable seats, peppy handling, good visibility, great sound system and navigation setup. Plenty of room for passengers or cargo. Built in roof rack with crossbars was a plus. Got the 3.6L Limited edition to make sure I had enough power for acceleration and towing. Regular gas is a plus since I only average about 23MPG but I wasn't looking for an economy car. Practical 17" wheels are plenty big for the job without spending a forture on oversized tires. Wish it had memory for seats/mirrors, auto lock when you shift to drive, and leather dash/steering wheel trim."

Great Car - Good mileage, excellent reliability

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Has not been back to dealer for any problems. Only gripe would be climate control always seems to have the fan blowing a couple notches too high."

Smooth riding, all weather, great car!

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "quality, good in all weather, good value"

Cons: "No roof rack attachment for canoe carrying yet"

"This is the first vehicle I bought new and I love it. This car handles very nicely in cold weather including snow and slush. The heated seats are really nice when it is cold. I don't like how the hands free blue tooth takes up so much space on the dash/control panel. Also, there is not a really convinient place for me to suction my GPS to the window while still keeping it plugged it, but I don't think your supposed to play much with those while driving. The back seat is pretty spacious, tall people can find comfort sitting there. Also, there is plenty of room for groceries or luggage in the back trunk/hatch area. I did not opt for sound upgrades and I am satisfied with the speakers/overall sound when listening to music. The biggest issue I have with the roof rack system is that there is not a Thule Rack designed for attaching and carrying a canoe. The problem is with the design change to the fold away cross bars, hopefully a solution is on it's way from Thule!"

Excellent Car

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, practical, fuel economy, comfort,"

Cons: "could use more storage, more cup holders"

"I have only just got this car but already I love it. It's very comfortable and when your in the car all you want to do is drive. The Outback is a good combination of being a practical car and being fun to drive. Fuel economy is very good for a 6 cylinder, so far I've averaged 23mpg with mostly city driving. I should be able to get 300 miles per tank. I only have 400 miles on it to this point, but I look forward to driving this car for a long time. Two things that would make it even better, I think it could use a bit more storage space in the front and a few more cup holders would be good too, My previous truck had 9 cup holders in it, but there are only 2 in the front of the Outback."

My first Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Great AWD, power, interior space"

Cons: "Wood trim"

"The car is awesome. I was considering 2.5 but did not like CVT transition. I love my 3.6r with 5AT and fuel economy is good too. Love the power and really love AWD."

Luxury Fun

By on Friday, September 10, 2010

"The Outback rides very smooth, the handling on corners is superb and the acceleration startling. The creature comforts are all there and this year's model styling is way better than the other year's boxy appearance. Highly recommend this vehicle for the versatility, style, comfort and fun."

Solid

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Have owned my 2011 limited for 2 months- no problems. Plenty of power and excellent fuel economy. Averaging 29-30mpg on mixed driving. Not super sporty but very capable off road with good clearance."