2014 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,418 - $22,289.

10/6.8

Based on 216 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Loved it so much bought another

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "Mileage, Price, Fit and Finish, Overall performanc"

Cons: "Dealer service compared to rivals is lacking"

"The mileage with the fit and finish to the interior are my favorites. While my wife would say the navigation and the back up camera are hers. Nice up grades to our new one. The reliablity is out of this world. Roomy interior the cargo space is actually very spacious. When you compare to others in its class the smart choice is the subaru hands down. For the money nothing even comes close."

Highest reliability rating.

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "Very spacious interior, highest reliability rating, great quality"

Cons: "lacks push-button start and blind-spot safety monitoring features"

"Outstanding AWD design, comfort, engineering, economy, and value in 2.5i Limited model auto, 4cyl 22-29 mpg. Metal timing belt never requires changing; antifreeze will last 100,000 miles. Towing capacity is 2,500 lbs w/4cyl engine. Hudge interior space is perfect for seniors and tall drivers. Model has electric parking brake and hill-hold features."

My 10th Subaru 1st outback

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Great fit and finish, quiet, comfortable and Harmon Kardon is awesome"

Cons: "OEM tires see review."

"Traded a 09 Forester and a 10 Legacy for an 11 Outback 2.5 Ltd. because my partner was unable to drive any more. She wanted to keep the Forester and I wanted to keep the Legacy. My solution was the best of both worlds. Bought in Apr. 11 and have made 3 long trips in the car. I really thought I'd miss the Legacy but I don't, it is as comfortable gets almost as good on gas mileage and is an absolute pleasure to drive on a long road trip. I owned a lot of Subies since 92 all have been sedans but the Forester and although in the past I've HATED wagons I couldn't be more pleased with my COMPROMISE. My only complaint with the car was the OEM tires. Those Continentals just didn't cut in the rain and living in the Northwest I replaced them at 800 mi. with the Goodyear Advantage Tripletread and that is the tire that is PERFECT for this car."

Love the 2011 Outback Limited

By on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pros: "Fun, and get a lot of people saying how they love the style"

"To Tennessee and Florida and back, with 4 people and luggage in rooftop turtle.Two separate trips. Gas mileage getting better at 33 MPG usually 29 . Handles very well and found definate need for Auto /Manual CVT Tranny in the Smokey Mtns. Work great!"

Excellent car but curious about snow performance

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pros: "Excellent handilng, sufficient power, excellent gas mileage, standard all wheel drive"

Cons: "no lumbar support for the 2.5i, no fog lamps for 2.5i, lousy factory tires, no all weather mats"

"I owned a 2004 Buick Rainier CXL before purchasing the 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5. The Rainier had A LOT of problems, and it turned out to be absolute junk. The Outback may not have the tv in the back, premium sound system, leather seats, or built in air compressor, but it handles spectacularly. The basic 2.5 L 4 cylinder engine has plenty of power for city driving- it may even be quicker than my 5.7 L 8 cylinder Rainier! The gas mileage that I obtain is phenomenal. I get about 40 mpg on the highway and 27 mpg in the city. I can only think of a few negative aspects of this car. 1. lack of lumbar support on basic model 2. no fog lamps 3. slippery steering wheel has no finger grooves 4. rubbish factory tires 5. no all weather mats- come on! Subarus are meant for relatively outdoorsy people... Keep in mind that mine is the very basic model. The upper level versions come with lumbar support, fog lamps, all weather mats, and the other non necessity items. You will still need to replace the tires if you live in a snowy cold region. Other than that, I love this car. I will certainly purchase another Subaru in the future. Maybe even a Forester... I am curious to find out how well this vehicle will perform on the wintry hills of New Hampshire. I have heard negative things about the newly added VDC. Hopefully this model will be able to pull less capable vehicles out of ditches like its later model predecessors. I highly recommend this vehicle."

best autimobile ever owned

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cons: "rear door need.s an automatic lift"

"it is by far the best automobile i have owned the quality is unreal best car in the snow and heavy rain it is real stable fuel mileage is great i find that the more you drive it the better the fuel mileage i get comments like i didn't know SUBARU MADE A CAR THIS NICE also SUBARU does not forget you after the sale . i have owned toyota,honda,nissan,ford,chevrolet, but subaru outback from now on."

AAA

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"I purchased my 2010 Outback in December 2009 while living in Portland, OR. Coming from a 1/2 ton truck was a bit of a leap. Having researched many vehicles, my main motivation was to step down from a gas hog and yet still have the flexibility to go off road and peace of mind of all wheel drive. This vehicle has been excellent. I still miss my truck at times, but when I filled up for gas today, 05/24/2011, and watched a guy with a truck leave the pump with a bill of $145.00 , and I pull away with a bill of $40.00, and a 500 mileage range.....i just smile---smile---smile! This has been a fun, safe vehicle! Outback limited 2.5i, loaded, with all options."

BEST IN CLASS

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"When looking to replace our Ford Expedition and Toyota Previa last year, we researched/test-drove several other makes/models (Lexus, Acura, Buick, GMC, Honda, Volvo, Toyota, Ford, Kia). All had nice features, but only the Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited offered everything we were looking for in a safe, mid-sized SUV (which is how Road&Track classified it when awarding the Subie Outback its "2010 SUV of the Year"). This is our first Subaru and it likely won't be our last. The Outback sips gas (we get 28-34 MPG in mixed city/hghway driving) and, with the auto/CVT w/ manual mode, is a pleasure to drive. It's quite comfortable on long drives, has great visibility (not hiindered by design), and goes off-roading with no problems. We added factory-made vent-visors to the windows for improved air circulation; all new cars should come with those but, sadly, don't. Now some reviewers here have gotten "the shakes" from/in their Outbacks and complained about steering-wheel vibration, but we've never had a problem with that. The best advice comes from one reviewer who said "Warning to potential buyers: test drive your new car and do not take delivery until all quality standards meet your expectations" -- good words to apply to ANY new car purchase! I would only add: shop around (carefully) and create some price/performance and quality/value rating scales to compare your finalists when buying a new car (or any major purchase, for that matter). And don't forget to consider re-sale value; Subaru ranks high in that, too."

Bit pricy, but excellent car.

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"Let's get my only complaint out of the way first. I have a 2010 Outback premium and the side mirrors don't fold in. I already had one knocked off by a passing truck. Besides that...this car is great. Awesome power and speed (I've got the 3.6), super comfortable I am 6'1 - 190. The looks are outstanding inside and out. Leather is super soft and comfortable and dash is a beauty. I have read some things about steering wheel shaking issues, but I have my car up to 90mph multiple times and I haven't experienced any of that. My favorite cat I have ever owned hands down."

frustrated

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I purchased my Outback 2010 brand new right off the lot. I have never owned a new rig and won't do it again. There have been 4 recalls, I have never liked the new transmission, have had difficulty getting the sunroof fixed and the front drivers seat sounds like an old pickup truck seat that creaks/squeaks. The seal on the sunroof warped first, then it leaked after the dealer "fixed" it. The front drivers seat cannot seeem to get fixed either. The dealership cannot seem to get this rig fixed correctly. I would not purchase this Outback again. I have never taken into the mountains, camping, only town and to work. It makes me very sad"