2014 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,262 - $22,178.

10/6.8

Based on 221 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

love this outback

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "style, convenience, capacity"

Cons: "limited size for families."

"love the outback. fits our lifestyle--two kids dog bike/camping/hiking gear. absolutely love everything about how easy the outback is. I had a grand cherokee before and it was just too big. Get all the same carry capacity out of my outback in a smaller, more convenient package. We are going to have to trade as we have a 3rd on way which makes me very sad. I would love to keep this car forever but it just isn't big enough if we have to have another car seat. I wish subaru made something with third seat (other than the terrible Tribeca--expensive and no cargo room)."

LOVE IT!

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "power, AWD, Great price for all the features"

"This care meets my EVERY need! I couldn't ask for more. It drives well in rain and snow! The power is amazing for the bigger body style!"

2010 Outback 2.5i CVT 2 Year Ownership Review

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Price, Ride, Handling and Gas Mileage!"

Cons: "CVT felt funny at 1st. A little too long to park."

"Have had the Outback Limited 2.5i CVT for 2 years. It has been a really reliable car. Very good driving experience in heavy rain and mud. It handles corners well for its size due to lower center of gravity and AWD. Very solidly built. The fit and finish of this car is very good. So far no rattling. The gas mileage is exceptional, 30 mpg avg on reg. unleaded. I had a Lexus RX before this. I do not miss it since the Outback has almost everything the RX had minus the price tag and low gas mileage! The car did receive several recalls but only one required fixing. I had some steering wheel vibration in the beginning. Around the 4th time, they finally got it fixed. I don't know what the dealer did but I am happy that it does not vibrate at freeway speed. With high tensil steel, the door panels are thinner and unforunately ding easily. I have to be careful parking it far away from other cars in the parking lot. I have had many compliments from friends, they all think that it is a good looking car and very comfortable to ride in. I hope to keep it for at least 200k miles."

What's not to like?

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Build quality, gas mileage with 2.5i and CVT"

Cons: "No keyless start"

"The Subaru Outback is a great value in today's crowded market of SUV crossovers. It offers great fuel mileage - especially for an AWD - a comfortable ride and great utility. The Subaru Symetrical All Wheel Drive can't be beat in bad weather. Why spend $10,000 to $20,000 more for a car that really doesn't offer you much more?"

best car i ever owned. on my second now!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Reason: bought a new one!

Pros: "AWD, resale, comfort, SAFTEY!"

Cons: "Color choices"

"bought my first one early 2010 put 90,000 miles on it and sold my 2010 premium to the first person that looked at it for 19500.00! Thats .09 cents a mile! Just bought the limited. Hope it works out the same. THANK YOU SUBARU!"

Loved it so much bought another

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "Mileage, Price, Fit and Finish, Overall performanc"

Cons: "Dealer service compared to rivals is lacking"

"The mileage with the fit and finish to the interior are my favorites. While my wife would say the navigation and the back up camera are hers. Nice up grades to our new one. The reliablity is out of this world. Roomy interior the cargo space is actually very spacious. When you compare to others in its class the smart choice is the subaru hands down. For the money nothing even comes close."

Highest reliability rating.

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "Very spacious interior, highest reliability rating, great quality"

Cons: "lacks push-button start and blind-spot safety monitoring features"

"Outstanding AWD design, comfort, engineering, economy, and value in 2.5i Limited model auto, 4cyl 22-29 mpg. Metal timing belt never requires changing; antifreeze will last 100,000 miles. Towing capacity is 2,500 lbs w/4cyl engine. Hudge interior space is perfect for seniors and tall drivers. Model has electric parking brake and hill-hold features."

My 10th Subaru 1st outback

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Great fit and finish, quiet, comfortable and Harmon Kardon is awesome"

Cons: "OEM tires see review."

"Traded a 09 Forester and a 10 Legacy for an 11 Outback 2.5 Ltd. because my partner was unable to drive any more. She wanted to keep the Forester and I wanted to keep the Legacy. My solution was the best of both worlds. Bought in Apr. 11 and have made 3 long trips in the car. I really thought I'd miss the Legacy but I don't, it is as comfortable gets almost as good on gas mileage and is an absolute pleasure to drive on a long road trip. I owned a lot of Subies since 92 all have been sedans but the Forester and although in the past I've HATED wagons I couldn't be more pleased with my COMPROMISE. My only complaint with the car was the OEM tires. Those Continentals just didn't cut in the rain and living in the Northwest I replaced them at 800 mi. with the Goodyear Advantage Tripletread and that is the tire that is PERFECT for this car."

Love the 2011 Outback Limited

By on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pros: "Fun, and get a lot of people saying how they love the style"

"To Tennessee and Florida and back, with 4 people and luggage in rooftop turtle.Two separate trips. Gas mileage getting better at 33 MPG usually 29 . Handles very well and found definate need for Auto /Manual CVT Tranny in the Smokey Mtns. Work great!"

Excellent car but curious about snow performance

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pros: "Excellent handilng, sufficient power, excellent gas mileage, standard all wheel drive"

Cons: "no lumbar support for the 2.5i, no fog lamps for 2.5i, lousy factory tires, no all weather mats"

"I owned a 2004 Buick Rainier CXL before purchasing the 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5. The Rainier had A LOT of problems, and it turned out to be absolute junk. The Outback may not have the tv in the back, premium sound system, leather seats, or built in air compressor, but it handles spectacularly. The basic 2.5 L 4 cylinder engine has plenty of power for city driving- it may even be quicker than my 5.7 L 8 cylinder Rainier! The gas mileage that I obtain is phenomenal. I get about 40 mpg on the highway and 27 mpg in the city. I can only think of a few negative aspects of this car. 1. lack of lumbar support on basic model 2. no fog lamps 3. slippery steering wheel has no finger grooves 4. rubbish factory tires 5. no all weather mats- come on! Subarus are meant for relatively outdoorsy people... Keep in mind that mine is the very basic model. The upper level versions come with lumbar support, fog lamps, all weather mats, and the other non necessity items. You will still need to replace the tires if you live in a snowy cold region. Other than that, I love this car. I will certainly purchase another Subaru in the future. Maybe even a Forester... I am curious to find out how well this vehicle will perform on the wintry hills of New Hampshire. I have heard negative things about the newly added VDC. Hopefully this model will be able to pull less capable vehicles out of ditches like its later model predecessors. I highly recommend this vehicle."