2013 Subaru Outback

Based on 221 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Best car ever

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "Safe, comfortable, reliable, rides great."

Cons: "Not the best shifter"

"We bought this Outback Premium 2014 on August 2013, a 6 speed 2.5 liter and after 16000 miles it runs better than the day we took it; has averaged 21.54 mpg so far, I have a heavy foot, always revving it to 5000+ rpm. The Outback is great on the highway, on rough roads and on snow. NO complaints. It has had all of its oil changes and revisions, all wheel alignments and filter changes. It has never visited the dealer with a problem. It is extremely comfortable, lots of room (we brought home from Sears our elliptical) and the rear seats recline. I have never been without enough power when passing on a mountain climb on the highway. We are so happy with it, we are going to buy the new 3.6R with 6 cylinders for my wife, all the whistles. She prefers a Levorg, but we cannot buy it here and importing it from Japan is too expensive and right hand drive... If you want a comfortable, safe and reliable car, get an Outback. If you want a sports car, get a BRZ. Then, this car is assembled in the USA. A bonus."

great mileage and drivealbility

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

"Had charcoal katskin leather interior added by dealer on new purchase last year. Thinking about trading in on 2015 model. Red Venetian Pearl exterior. Just added trailer hitch receiver."

Highest quality vehicle I have owned

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "Safe, stable, fun and comfortable"

Cons: "Bluetooth integration needs work"

Camping in Arizona

"I've thought hard about it, and except for the area of Bluetooth integration, I can't think of anything I don't like about my car. It feels secure and stable, it's comfortable (but not cushy), and it carries an amazing amount of stuff with the rear seat down. I have been very impressed with the design of this vehicle, both exterior and interior. Materials are well chosen and things just fit together well. The only two areas that didn't get a 10 rating (I gave them 9), are driving dynamics and convenience. As far as driving goes, this car is fantastic right up to its limits - and then it gets a little wild. But if you are driving reasonably you will never see this, and the all wheel drive is great. The only other thing is the sound system. The Bluetooth setup takes a while. Only one phone can be a music source via Bluetooth - and it's a pain to change it all the time. You do have the option to plug in via USB though, so it's not a fatal flaw. The voice recognition, at least on my car, is a bit spotty. It often takes me two or three tries to successfully navigate the menus via voice, and dialing by voice (name or number) works only half the time. It is easier to put the number into the phone by hand and dial, then the speakerphone will take over. Overall, this is probably been the best car purchase I have made in 44 years of driving."

Camping in Arizona

Make sure the Dealer fixes the Oil Consumption

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Great space and Handling"

Cons: "The cup holders are in the way (I own a 6 speed)"

"I bought my Outback right off the show room floor for my birthday almost 2 years ago and I down right love it and I drive it everyday to and from work and the occasional road trip. About 2 months into owning my Outback the "quart low" oil light came on around 2700 miles. I brought it into the dealer the next day and they topped it off and told me the engine was still in it's "breaking in" phase and it may burn off a lil oil.They did the initial 3000 mile oil change and told me that, The Subaru Corporation wants their drivers to not take long sustained driving trips, which I though was hilarious because I drive to LA about 5 times a year. Around 5500 miles the same "Quart Low" light came on again. I brought it in and they simply topped it off and started and "Oil Consumption" test. At the 7500 mile make for the initial 1st Oil Change, all was fine they the notified me of no problems and I went on my way. Around 11,000 miles the light came on again and they did the oil consumption test again and topped off the oil again. I drove to LA later on and around 13,000 the dang light came on again for a few hours and I eventually brought it into a Southern California dealer and they wanted to try to charge me to top off the oil.(They charged my service dealer) At 15,000 they did the next oil changed and if anything else happened they would do their 1st "resolution" to combat the oil consumption. Around 16,700 miles the light once again came on and I brought it in and they replaced the piston rings. All was fine until the next oil change...or so I thought. At 21,000 the light came on again and of course by this point, I am very frustrated with everything. The dealer had to replace the lower half of the engine block! I have done one oil change at 24,000 at the dealer as my own choice and I am at 30,000 and about to take it in for its next service with no issues. All in all, my service was very helpful and understanding and of course they gave me a loaner car each time I had to bring it in. I have always wanted a Subaru and I would've hated it I had go under the "Lemon Law" act to fix it or worse, buy another brand."

ok

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "awd"

Cons: "engine"

"4 trips to service with noisy engine and still not fix"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals