2013 Subaru Outback

Based on 218 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Make sure the Dealer fixes the Oil Consumption

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Great space and Handling"

Cons: "The cup holders are in the way (I own a 6 speed)"

"I bought my Outback right off the show room floor for my birthday almost 2 years ago and I down right love it and I drive it everyday to and from work and the occasional road trip. About 2 months into owning my Outback the "quart low" oil light came on around 2700 miles. I brought it into the dealer the next day and they topped it off and told me the engine was still in it's "breaking in" phase and it may burn off a lil oil.They did the initial 3000 mile oil change and told me that, The Subaru Corporation wants their drivers to not take long sustained driving trips, which I though was hilarious because I drive to LA about 5 times a year. Around 5500 miles the same "Quart Low" light came on again. I brought it in and they simply topped it off and started and "Oil Consumption" test. At the 7500 mile make for the initial 1st Oil Change, all was fine they the notified me of no problems and I went on my way. Around 11,000 miles the light came on again and they did the oil consumption test again and topped off the oil again. I drove to LA later on and around 13,000 the dang light came on again for a few hours and I eventually brought it into a Southern California dealer and they wanted to try to charge me to top off the oil.(They charged my service dealer) At 15,000 they did the next oil changed and if anything else happened they would do their 1st "resolution" to combat the oil consumption. Around 16,700 miles the light once again came on and I brought it in and they replaced the piston rings. All was fine until the next oil change...or so I thought. At 21,000 the light came on again and of course by this point, I am very frustrated with everything. The dealer had to replace the lower half of the engine block! I have done one oil change at 24,000 at the dealer as my own choice and I am at 30,000 and about to take it in for its next service with no issues. All in all, my service was very helpful and understanding and of course they gave me a loaner car each time I had to bring it in. I have always wanted a Subaru and I would've hated it I had go under the "Lemon Law" act to fix it or worse, buy another brand."

ok

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "awd"

Cons: "engine"

"4 trips to service with noisy engine and still not fix"

My 1st Subaru, certainly not the last!

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, relaxing"

Cons: "Blind spots in rear view mirrors"

"This vehicle does better on wet/snow/ice roads than any I have ever owned. Changing lanes on an interstate in snow is not a gut wrenching experience. Excellent handling in all adverse conditions."

Great quality and value for the price

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Amazing gas mileage, smooth drive"

Cons: "HD radio does not always work great."

"I was a little skeptical buying a Subaru since I have never owned one and ended up at a Subaru dealership from a recommendation from a friend who had family that worked there. I had not done my research like I usually like to do but somehow still ended up buying this car. Best decision I have made. I get AMAZING gas mileage, drives well and I have been nothing but happy since I bought this. HD Radio is a little finicky at times and I do wish it was a little bit bigger for my growing family but both of those are pretty minor complaints. I do wish Subaru made a larger SUV since I seeing myself needing something larger in a few years but maybe by then they will have something like that. I have a very large car seat in the middle of the back seat and 2 adults can still sit comfortably beside it if needed. I see this Subaru lasting a very long time and even my husband who is very picky really loves driving it."

Great Car.

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Rugged and reliable!"

Cons: "Cup holders."

"Super reliable. Never had a problem. Love how much I can stuff inside this car and it actually seems to love hills, snow and back/dirt roads. Super reliable heated seats. Starts without a hitch in zero temps. Great AC too for summer months. Awesome sun roof. Great for sporty types who want a good looking car but also want to stuff it with gear. Came with two sets of mats, rubber (washable) and rug like. Could use better center-console cup holders, they are hard to access when driving and the sound system is good but not great."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals