2012 Subaru Outback

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Decent car for the money

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Safe, great in snow"

Cons: "lot of small issues"

"This is a good car for the money . Very safe and excellent in the snow. it has decent cargo area in the back and leg room is pretty good for such a small car."

Fuel efficient SUV

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Great value, easy to maintain, roomy"

Cons: "Underpowered, manual's not smooth, no rear AC"

"This thing does everything I need it to do. It is nowhere near fun to drive, but it swallows up gear/luggage and gets me where I need to go without drama. Good family vehicle."

It's a keeper!

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Great feeling ride and good visibility for driver"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"This is our first Subaru, which we got when my wife's Camry drove her into a tree (unintended acceleration problem which Toyota corporate totally dismissed as driver error, which it wasn't). We had been loyal Toyota buyers over 30 years, but have now transferred that loyalty to Subaru. It felt weird at first going into a Subaru showroom, what with what seems like the almost cult-like loyalty of Subaru owners. Now we know why. They are strong, dependable workhorses. Add unbeatable winter traction and you've got great transportation. Our Outback deals with slick Connecticut snow no problem. We drove around the American West last year - 120 degrees and 80 mph speed limits - AC on full blast and car tearing down the highway with lots of luggage - no problem. Very comfortable. Great, solid ride. And best of all, my bad back actually feels better after sitting for hours in the power front seat with excellent lumbar support!"

BURNS a QUART of OIL EVERY 6,000 MILES

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "GREAT CAR, BUT......"

Cons: "BURNS/CONSUMES OIL"

"BURNS a QUART of SYNTHETIC OIL EVERY 6,000 MILES. I'M OLD SCHOOL. IF A VEICEL BURNS OIL, ITS TIME TO GET RID OF IT. NEW 2013 2014 AND POSSIBLY 2015 SUBARU'S ARE SOLD LIKE THIS AND COSTUMERS ARE NOT TOLD THAT THEY NEED TO ADD QUARTS OF OIL PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE OIL CHANGE. I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THE SUBARU IF I KNEW THAT A HEAD OF TIME!!!!!! LIKE THE AWD CAR BUT I'M CONCERNED ABOUT THE ENGINE DAMAGE!!!!"

Pleasantly Surprised

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, responsive on highway"

Cons: "handling -- bouncy in rear"

"Bought 2011 premium with CVT transmission with 35,000 miles in March of 2014. Car currently has over 41,000. I have taken it on a two out of state road trips with each trip averaging over 500 miles round trip. Car handles really nice on the road. Super responsive when you need it to be. Great gas mileage. I am still getting used to the sound and behavior of the cvt transmission. My only gripe with this vehicle is the handling in corners. The rear end is bouncy and at times just seem plain unstable. I don't know if it is fair to compare the handling to my volvo, but the handling just doesn't compare."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals