2011 Subaru Outback

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Go anywhere rain, snow or ice

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and gas mileage"

Cons: "Non"

"Very comfortable on the freeway, gets 28-30 on the road, eats up snow! Better driver ergo than my new BMW X3."

Perfect car for Colorado

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive"

Cons: "no backup camera"

"Not one problem with this Outback. I highly recommend it"

A good car!

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

"I have had my Subaru for about 8 months. Overall I am very happy. The only real problem I found is the doors, especially the back door. It looks like it's closed, but isn't. This can cause the alarm to go off. When I took it to the dealership because of this, I was given a lesson in shutting it!!! Apparently two hands is best. What happens if you have groceries, or a dog, or both?? I have got better at closing the door, although now and again it happens."

Best car I ever had!

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Best value, reliability, comfort, spaciousness"

Cons: "Gear shift could be better"

"I bought a 2014 Outback 2.5i Premium 6 speed a year ago, now I have little over 13000 miles on it. I can say this is the best car I have owned and for the money we paid, you cannot get anything with all the equipment it has for such a price. Subaru’s AWD system was a sell point, since I do not want any FWD cars anymore: I am sick of replacing boots and front axles. This Outback is extremely spacious, comfortable, and reliable. It handles very well on any terrain, snow or rain, sand or pavement. The finish and quality of the car is very good, I may not have ash wood like a luxury car, nor do I have Napa leather, but I did not pay three times what I paid to get them. Our next Outback – for my wife – will be a 2016 3.6R with all the goodies (Insight, power rear door, navigation, and sunroof). The mileage is ok, having into consideration I drive aggressively and fast, my revs climb to 5k – 6k quite often. I got on average 21.38 mpg for 13k miles. So far, no problems whatsoever with the car. Just oil changes, alignment and tire rotation. My dealer in Tysons Corner, VA is the best. Best price for the car and they have maintenance specials constantly, which save you money. I get a free car wash anytime I want. I can recommend this car to anybody who wants a nice ride. Not a sports car. This one, I shall have it forever, since they do not put a stick shift anymore in an Outback, it is a classic now…"

Reliability problems with the CVT

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Great in snow, good mpg, inexpensive"

Cons: "Unreliable CVT transmission, $$ maintainance"

"I loved this car. It's great in the snow, comfortable to drive, and a good value. That is, until the valve body in the CVT failed at 66k miles. The dealer and SOA have told me they have no interest in helping me out with the repair since I hadn't brought the car in to have the CVT fluid inspected at 30k or 60k. The manual only states it should be inspected at those intervals, and only recommends replacement under severe driving conditions. Fluid replacement costs ~$270 cause it's not really a DIY thing! I expect that kind of crazy maintainance requirement from a high performance sports car or a vehicle used for heavy duty work but not an every day driver/commuter car. I had been told the fluid was only supposed to require early replacement under severe driving conditions, but I don't drive in the city, don't live in the mountains, and have never towed or hauled anything with this car. Silly me for thinking I could maintain the car myself and replace the fluid around 70-80k like I have with all my previous Auto transmission vehicles. They should either update the owner manual to specify CVT fluid replacement at 30k even under normal driving conditions or they should admit that this failure is unusual and help me out with the repair since I'm only 6k miles out of warranty. Otherwise, they shouldn't be surprised when I say that I don't consider the CVT to be reliable and can't recommend this car to others. It's sad cause I have really loved the Subarus that I have owned in the past."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals