2009 Subaru Outback

Based on 355 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

My First Subie Outback

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Pros: i'm the envy of my family-guy pals, looks great, especially for a wagon, good level of standard features, bought this Subie sight-unseen (no test-drive...not too smart) based solely on crash ratings and AWD, love the heated seats, windshld wpr wells and side mirrors which work very well, beautiful faux satin wood accents, great build quality (except ext. panel gaps)/durability love the gauge needle-sweep upon start up, ample cargo space/loads of room with all but the front seats folded down, actually nice muted grumble when accelerating hard, good clearance and mucho confidence in inclement weather, even occasional deep Michigan snow, ahh ,,, the beauty of all wheel drive! Cons: right knee constantly presses on driver side of center stack (annoying), weak stereo system with inferior sound quality, balky, imprecise stick/gearbox action, a painfully non-intuitive clutch uptake (also quite annoying!), road and wind noise, OEM tires squeak easily with modest acceleration, which btw is less-than exciting even with the 5-speed manual, exterior panel gaps are unacceptable for Subaru,"

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Love the Subi

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"I could almost copy the review given by "K in MD". My first Subaru, love the car, the fearures, the stability, and agree that the transmission seems to slip a little from time to time, and that the maintenance is pricey. However, I LOVE MY SUBARU. I have hauled furniture, plywood, drywall and most importantly camping gear. Oh yeah, and loved ones. :) Good gas mileage and tons of fun in the snow!"

My first Subaru

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"This is the first Subaru I've owned and I am extremely happy with it. What has impressed me the most is how it handles on the road - it is very stable and steady in all conditions. It is the safest I've ever felt in a vehicle. It offers features more often found on the higher priced cars (I love the heated seats!). My only minor issues I have with it are the poor radio reception, and some occasional "choppiness" when it changes gears (automatic transmission). Also, the dealership seems to charge outrageous prices for normal maintenance packages, so I am in the process of looking for alternative auto repair shops for some of its basic maintenance. But, that does not take away from car's excellent value. I would absolutely buy another Subaru."

Loyal Subaru Owner

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"The 2007 2.5i basic Outback is my 4th Subaru and I have been very satisfied with it. It's 5 speed manual transmission is getting 28 mpg in town and between 30-33 mpg on the highway depending on the terrain, which is much better than the sticker says and I am only using the lowest, cheapest gasoline (87).. It has some road noise, but has responsive handling in wet conditions and in snow. I love my ability to put everything but the kitchen sink in it and have found that it can haul furniture as well as some of the larger SUVs. I would recommend them to anyone who doesn't need to carry more than 5 people, who need to haul "stuff", needs a reliable vechicle in bad weather and who like the feel of a wagon. I bought my 2007 model for $18,900 which is alot more cost effective than other SUV type vechicles. Good car for the money."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals