2009 Subaru Outback

Based on 346 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of space for a small car. Good performance"

Cons: "Light Color Interior"

"This is the ninth Subaru I have owned since 1988. Like most of the other ones I have owned in the past, this car is safe, economical and reliable. For me the vehicle provides the right balance between fuel economy (20 MPG the way I drive) and performance (173 HP). The car handles nicely and the AWD makes you feel safe on wet streets. The 2005-2009 vintage is stylish (for a wagon) performs well and fun to drive. I love the large moon roof and the heated seats. The car now has over 105,000 miles, and apart from replacing a couple of CV boots, I haven't had to do anything other than the scheduled maintenance. The only drawbacks I have found is that the light colored interior shows too much dirt, and the stock alloy rims that came with the 2009 are hard to clean and polish. Get the black interior instead if you have a choice."

Love it

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

"I just bought my first 2006 Outback yesterday at my local dealer. This car is so clean it looks like new! I am very impressed with the quality of this car. I looked at Toyota and even a Land Rover and I also own a Honda CRV, but this car is fare above in quality than the others. I hope it lasts me well over 200,000 miles!"

Great!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Good quality, reliable"

Cons: "Check engine light tied to cruise control"

"Got this vehicle with 121000 miles on it. Now it has 151000. Runs great! Have had a few normal issues and things to replace. Only real compliant is that the check engine light is tied to the cruise control and when the check engine light comes on, the cruise control doesn't work. Solution, disconnect and reconnect battery."

Great car in New Mexico. Hate to part with it.

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE, full maintenance, lovely."

Cons: "Some cosmetic dents on rear and front bumper.."

"Subaru 2008 Outback, two toned brown and champagne (116,000 miles, brand new tires, highway miles, clean interior, full maintenance history at Garcia Subaru, and in great condition (some cosmetic bumper dents). Roof rack and will throw in a carrier on top."

Great for winter driving

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "AWD, Folding rear seat, reliable, well optioned"

Cons: "Rattles and road noise, 23-25mpg not great."

"This is my second subaru, and while the 3.0 engine does seem to have less major problems then my old 2.5, the build quality is lacking when compared to euro offerings. They call the sedan and outback, and my 2007 was the last year for the sedan version. I have the loaded LL Bean addition. The road noise and rattles from the interior are the biggest drawbacks for me, and the extra engine size doesn't quite amount to much power. although it pulls adequately, this is not a quick subaru, it would rather waft along. I think subaru should have included a factory roof rack in lieu of the moonroof."

Another Great Suby!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Safety, Reliability, Versatility, Holds Value"

Cons: "Expensive to purchase, mpg 20"

"I bought this 08 2.5i Outback in 2011, It is my 5th Subaru. I like the wagon very much and have used it to bring home a recliner! Before I had a couple Legacy GT's which were my faves! The car drives nicely and has a good amt of pep, handles the curvy roads well. I get about 4-8 inches of snow and the only thing that stops this wheeler is the depth over about 5". because it high centers. We also currently have a 99 Limited Outback with 221k mi. it runs great and is a 5sp. SO FUN TO DRIVE! Both smog no prob. If you are even considering a suby, DO IT! They are the best cars if you have snow or go skiing."

Great car for people and dogs

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, handles great, goes on snow, comfy ride"

Cons: "Not a lot of interior storage up front"

"This 2005 Subaru Outback with moonroof and leather seats has made me a Subaru convert forever. It is comfortable and works every time. After about 150,000 miles I've started replacing some things (struts, brakes, tires, soon and A/C fan), but it continues to run great and perform like it did the first time out. I tested and drove nearly every wagon/mid-size SUV on the market before buying my Subaru. The final thumbs up was that the rear 60/40 seats lie flat, giving my two big Golden Retrievers plenty of room to lie down (even with other gear in the car) and travel everywhere with me. The all-season mats are worth every penny as is the Compass garage opener. With all-wheel drive it drives on snow like the snow is hardly there. I can't imagine owning any other car. Wish list: more upfront storage space for phones, wallets, etc. Also better gas mileage. I get 28 mpg with a combo of highway/city driving."

I have owned Subarus since the early '90's. Super!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Just a darn good reliable car and nice looking."

Cons: "None really, but since '10, a little too large."

"The are wonder in the snow. No problems ever. Just have to watch out for the other folks who try but can't."

Never Selling This Car! Love It!

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, AWD,6 cylinder, towing for sedan"

Cons: "Small trunk, MPG,"

"2006 OB Sedan LL Bean H6 purchased new in 12/2006. Have had zero, 0, nada maintenance issues. Oil changes every 7500 miles, tranny, radiator, differential flushes at 45 and 90 thousand. OEM tires were terrible, so switched to michelin and now on Pirellis. This is a heavy car so acceleration and handling are mediocre for some driving styles but perfect for a small family sedan. Smallish interior and trunk are somewhat limiting, but fortunately I don't have need for tons of space. Test drove the 2015 Legacy and a mid size sedan like that is more space than I need. The only item I've added is a trailer hitch. The strong 6 cylinder engine isn't the most fuel efficient but plenty powerful to pull a small trailer or boat. Even without a load, as you accelerate, you can feel the engine pulling you forward. The AWD is great, ride height is nice too for a sedan. I like the smaller platform and wasn't ready nor had the need for the wagon. Like any used car, prior maintenance is critical so without records you are at the mercy of the prior owner and their diligence in caring for the car. The car itself though is well engineered and manufactured."

Avoid NA 2.5 go for the turbo 4 or na 6

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "great style"

Cons: "poor lower trims"

"I decided to wright this review because I was noticing a lot of people bashing on the car or one thing or another and more often than not they are complaining about trim specific issues such as a lack of power or a dodgy outdated transmission. This is ultimately true about the na 2.5 having a low amount of power but what do you expect from a car that is not geared toward speed but rather simplicity, thats why they used an engine thats design has been around for almost two decades. This also goes for the transmission as well, most of the outbacks that were sold came with the na 2.5 and 4 speed auto transmission. If you want a really solid car that will never let you down look no further than the na 3.0 liter. Subaru had just came out with a brand new engine called the "ez30r" which was an improvement over their previous 6 cylinder from 212 horse power to 250. This new engine comes in two trim levels the LL Bean edition and the VDC model. Now if you want something with a touch more power than that take a look at the XT trims because they come with a 2.5 liter turbocharged and aftercooled engine. It makes the same 250 horsepower as the six but makes thirty more foot pounds of torque but with this extra power comes more responsibility, when looking for an xt you must insure that the previous owner knew how to take care of a turbocharged car by preforming normal service such as using high quality synthetic oil and premium gasoline. Now about the 4 speed clunky old transmission, you need to worry because both the 3.0 and the 2.5 turbo come with a 5 speed auto which is miles better than the 4 speed, and if you are interested in getting a manual you'll have to look at the xt because the 3.0 did not come with the option of a 5 speed manual transmission. Over all im happy with my 05 outback ll bean edition, even at 190k miles she still happily revs out to the 7k redline when ever I wanna get on it, hope I helped some people in the right direction."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals