2008 Subaru Outback

Based on 348 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

I have owned several, since the early 90's.

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "reliable, reliable, etc."

Cons: "new outbacks too big"

"I love these cars. Very little goes wrong. They have continued to improve them over the years. Miraculous is a word I have used very often to describe how they handle in the snow. If you find a good non dealer mechanic as I have, you'll find you can save much money on brakes, belts, minor things. They are out there. Thank you Google. AND, thank you Subaru. D"

2nd best car i've ever had after Honda Accord

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Easy driving. Comfortable on long trips."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"Love this car. Lots of carrying capacity. Hauled a lot of trash to dump. Makes hauling to beach easy. Very reliable. Bought used. Only failure I've had was alternator & that was just recently. Easy driving. Good road holding. Best brakes I've ever had on any car I've owned and that is close to ten. Fixes mostly easy and relatively inexpensive. As I said, bought used, have had it almost 3 years and it always goes in all weather. We get lake effect snow here and I never hesitate to go if I'm needed."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of space for a small car. Good performance"

Cons: "Light Color Interior"

"This is the ninth Subaru I have owned since 1988. Like most of the other ones I have owned in the past, this car is safe, economical and reliable. For me the vehicle provides the right balance between fuel economy (20 MPG the way I drive) and performance (173 HP). The car handles nicely and the AWD makes you feel safe on wet streets. The 2005-2009 vintage is stylish (for a wagon) performs well and fun to drive. I love the large moon roof and the heated seats. The car now has over 105,000 miles, and apart from replacing a couple of CV boots, I haven't had to do anything other than the scheduled maintenance. The only drawbacks I have found is that the light colored interior shows too much dirt, and the stock alloy rims that came with the 2009 are hard to clean and polish. Get the black interior instead if you have a choice."

Love it

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

"I just bought my first 2006 Outback yesterday at my local dealer. This car is so clean it looks like new! I am very impressed with the quality of this car. I looked at Toyota and even a Land Rover and I also own a Honda CRV, but this car is fare above in quality than the others. I hope it lasts me well over 200,000 miles!"

Great!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Good quality, reliable"

Cons: "Check engine light tied to cruise control"

"Got this vehicle with 121000 miles on it. Now it has 151000. Runs great! Have had a few normal issues and things to replace. Only real compliant is that the check engine light is tied to the cruise control and when the check engine light comes on, the cruise control doesn't work. Solution, disconnect and reconnect battery."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals