2007 Subaru Outback

8.4

Based on 373 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

very good vehicle for money

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"this car is in my opinion better than most for the cost. it rides and feels like a more expensive vehicle and you feel very safe with the vehicle size and the all wheel drive. my only complaints are the seats which show water stains way too much, and the fact that it uses about one and one-half to two quarts of oil every three thousand miles. also the fuel economy at about 24mpg average could be better."

Great Value

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"I bought my 2008 Outback 2.5i PZEV with manual transmission in Oct 2007. I have just under 40k problem free miles so far. This car gets 30+ mpg on the freeway if I keep my speed at 65mph. I have gotten as good as 33mpg doing a steady 55mph on one road trip. I average 27mpg in my daily driving. That's not bad considering the off-road abilities of this wagon. It has a limited slip rear differential and the manual tranny locks the power 50/50 front rear. Snow is no problem. There were a few times my outback got me through 3 inches of fresh snow fall, both up and down hill. I have also taken it off road on a few occasions and had no problems with ground clearance. Just don't expect the abilities of a Hummer, and your good. Also, the outback handles far better than any other SUV or crossover. It corners great and has minimal body roll. On a flat surface this wagon will skid before it rolls over. The factory tires give a good amount of feedback and warning of limits. I also installed an aftermarket receiver hitch on mine and have used it to tow some motorcycles and a riding mower. The base 170hp engine handled the loads ok, but was a little strained and mpg was around 20. The Bad: Needs a 6th gear for freeway cruising. Have to turn key to ignition to roll down windows. Front seats need more lumbar support. Rear seat legroom can be tight."

2008 Outback - What a wonderful experience

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"Living in Madison WI, I purchased my outback off the showroom floor, it had 10 miles on the odometer when I took delivery on January 31, 2008. Less than a week after purchase, we were absolutely slammed with a 'near-blizzard-like,' blinding snow. Snow-drifts at or near the car's floor-board, I very quickly experienced the... 'ah-ha, this is why every-other car I meet on the roads in Wisconsin is a Subaru.' What I would like, a few more creature comforts (nicer sound system, a bit more quieter ride, peppier acceleration). We have decided we are a Subaru Family, planning to purchase a 2010 Limited (which is far more creature comforted); which we will outfit with all the other trim and 'fix-ins' we want. We now live in Huntsville AL, The Land of Mercedes, Lexus, and Porche... No weather challenges here; I love knowing I have much more, for much less."

Still in Love

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"My Outback is still the best car I've ever owned, hands-down. (incl. toyota, saturn, dodge, mazda, chevy, several hondas, nissan...and a Triumph) The car handles excellently in all weather and road conditions with stock tires & configuration. Road noise is minimal, power is excellent. I've found MPG to be 25/30, even when really utilizing the accelerator pedal. I can throw all my gear in the car, thanks to fold-down back seats...and it can hold a surprising volume when moving. The standard bun warmers are really great, too."

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009

"I have a 2005 Outback, my first. It by far has superceded all my expectations in handling. The only changes I would recommend in this car would be the ability to charge your cell phone while the car is not running."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals