2006 Subaru Outback

8.4

Based on 387 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Good all around car

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Great handleing on snow and wet roads"

Cons: "Expensive reapirs, head gaskets and axles"

"I've owned my Outback for 7 years, bought it with 70K and now it has 186K. Good all around car and I do love the AWD, but if you're not driving on snow or roads that require AWD save your money and get a car that requires less maintenance. Subaru's are good cars but after 100K be prepared to repair on a regular basis, and it's not cheap! 2.5Outbacks are known for bad head gaskets and that's a $2400 repair at the dealer."

Sube Six is a Great Car

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

"I've got the Legacy Outback X/T limited like the one in the picture. (Who knows it might even be the same one because its red.) Has the 5 Spd turbo with the big split sunroof. Overall I am really happy with this car. I bought it new and have had it for a little over 5 years. I am about to put 100,000 on it soon. No real maintenance issues except for the clutch. The throwout bearing went out at a little over 90,000, so I had to replace the whole clutch assembly. The worst part was that there was about another 50,000 miles left on the clutch plate and pressure plate. (A failure of a $50.00 part led to a $1,000 repair.) The only other maintenace has been oil changes, tuneups, brakes, 2 CV boots and tires. (If you buy soft Michelins, you will need to replace all four tires every 30,000 miles or so.) Likes: Performance: the 2.5 L Turbo moves out. Ground clearance, suspension and handling. Comfort: Dual Climate Control/Air Conditioning, and heated seats Brand: This model looks a lot better than the new (redesigned) Outbacks. (You can probably thank Toyota for that.) Dislikes: Headlights burn out every 2-4 months, and I am really careful not to touch the bulb when I replace them.) The interior carpeting fades/wears quicker than I would like. I'm going for 300,000 miles on this one, so I hope I can check back in every so often to update you."

I love this car and will buy another when it dies.

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "drives great, rocks in the snow, lots of power"

Cons: "snow in wheels sometimes unbalances the tires"

"Never had any problems, basic maintenece, slight complaint open wheels let snow sometimes unbalance the tires, easy to fix but a pain sometimes in northern michigan winters. THIS CAR ROCKS"

Awesome Reliability

By on Thursday, February 7, 2008

"This is the safest, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned! It really hugs the road well in icy/snowy/nasty conditions. Never have I felt uncomfortable in these conditions. I know that no matter what, I'm gonna stay on the road and only need to worry about the other drivers... My wife and I drove ours over 100 miles every day back and forth from Palmer, AK to Anchorage, AK. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about my Subaru!"

First time Subaru owner

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Pro's: Turbo is really quick, comfortable and well appointed interior, great heated seats, good looking exterior Cons: Stock Bridgestone tires are just awful, headlamps keep burning out, paint thin, windshield chips easily"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals