2006 Subaru Outback

8.4

Based on 369 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

First time Subaru owner

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Pro's: Turbo is really quick, comfortable and well appointed interior, great heated seats, good looking exterior Cons: Stock Bridgestone tires are just awful, headlamps keep burning out, paint thin, windshield chips easily"

OUTSTANDING!!

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"I've had my '05 OB XT since November 2004, and I haven't had any problems beyond what Subaru already took care of -- that is, replaced DRL's with real DRL bulbs, and replaced an cooling fan relay that caused a short in the ECU and made the cooling fans run constantly. I traded an Audi A4 Avant for this car as I was moving to CO and wanted more "offroad" capability -- and I got it, with better acceleration and equal gas mileage (with some aftermarket improvements in tires and some parts). While it doesn't handle as well as my Audi did on the road, it's not meant to -- but it still handles pretty darn good. With snow tires, it's bombproof in the snow or offroad in all but the worst high-clearance conditions. Death Valley, Escalante, and CO backcountries have been no problem (with good judgment applied). I now have almost 56K miles on it and it's getting better gas mileage than ever! True to Subie heritage, I think this car will last well over 100K and perform just as well."

Good all around car

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Great handleing on snow and wet roads"

Cons: "Expensive reapirs, head gaskets and axles"

"I've owned my Outback for 7 years, bought it with 70K and now it has 186K. Good all around car and I do love the AWD, but if you're not driving on snow or roads that require AWD save your money and get a car that requires less maintenance. Subaru's are good cars but after 100K be prepared to repair on a regular basis, and it's not cheap! 2.5Outbacks are known for bad head gaskets and that's a $2400 repair at the dealer."

Bring on the inclement weather!

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "handling, price, trunk space, gas mileage, smooth ride"

Cons: "poor legroom, boring console"

"I've lived in MA, GA, and TN since I've owned this car and I love how well it handles in wind, hail, rain, snow, and ice. I'm not in love with the design or space (two carseats essentially eliminate the entire back seat), but I'd buy it again and suffer being cooped up just for how safe and in control I feel driving it; really smooth ride and handling even at high speeds. I agree with the other reviewer's seat comments - not enough leg room or padding (I've done frequent 1200-1500 mile treks in it, so I can say you really feel the lack of these after spending a day or two behind the wheel). On the plus side, you would be surprised just how much you can pack in the trunk. I average 24 mi/gal on the highway (at 80 mi/hr with the car packed to the gills - probably would be even better without the load), and between 22-27 mi/gal around town depending on AC use."

Sube Six is a Great Car

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

"I've got the Legacy Outback X/T limited like the one in the picture. (Who knows it might even be the same one because its red.) Has the 5 Spd turbo with the big split sunroof. Overall I am really happy with this car. I bought it new and have had it for a little over 5 years. I am about to put 100,000 on it soon. No real maintenance issues except for the clutch. The throwout bearing went out at a little over 90,000, so I had to replace the whole clutch assembly. The worst part was that there was about another 50,000 miles left on the clutch plate and pressure plate. (A failure of a $50.00 part led to a $1,000 repair.) The only other maintenace has been oil changes, tuneups, brakes, 2 CV boots and tires. (If you buy soft Michelins, you will need to replace all four tires every 30,000 miles or so.) Likes: Performance: the 2.5 L Turbo moves out. Ground clearance, suspension and handling. Comfort: Dual Climate Control/Air Conditioning, and heated seats Brand: This model looks a lot better than the new (redesigned) Outbacks. (You can probably thank Toyota for that.) Dislikes: Headlights burn out every 2-4 months, and I am really careful not to touch the bulb when I replace them.) The interior carpeting fades/wears quicker than I would like. I'm going for 300,000 miles on this one, so I hope I can check back in every so often to update you."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals