2005 Subaru Outback

8.4

Based on 364 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

I must be the only person who hates his/her Subaru

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Great in snow."

Cons: "Reliability is poor."

"Most of what I have to say about the 2006 Outback is negative. I carefully maintain and garage the car, yet it's reliability is poor. It has only 87,000 miles, yet I have replaced the clutch, an axle/cv joint, both lower control arm bushings & front struts. Now I have a bad rear axle bearing, my brake master cylinder is starting to fail and the upholstery on the driver's seat has a hole. I can understand why the clutch would fail. The 2.5 lacks torque and I have to feather the clutch to move it forward. Even my 1986 Tempo was more reliable than this. On the positive side, it is great in the snow and it is fairly easy to service and repair."

Been a great car

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

"reliable and dealer maintained"

I love this car.

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

"I would not have gotten the Turbo, but I was talked into it. Yes it has that get-up-and-go ability. The engine crumped at 72000. Subaru was gracious and replace the engine. I am forever grateful. So the engine is very good/almost new. This car is a dream to drive, but aren't all Subaru's? The cargo area is big enough for me. The car is comfortable for long trips too. I listen to books on CD and really appreciate the 6 CD deck. Overall I love this car."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"I bought this car new and have loved it! It's got plenty of power, all the bells and whistles and the AWD is amazing. We get lots of snow where we live and it has never had an issue going anywhere and everywhere. It sits higher than many cars and has great clearance. It drives like a sports car. Just love this car!"

outback 05 car fell apart

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Reason: high maintainance

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "fell apart way too soon"

"I owned this car, maintained it very well , and at 90,000 miles developed cracked head gasket, heater needed repair , seats tore, rust developed under the car and engine parts, could not maintain a realignment after several attempts, front and back end bushings tore.. The car seemed to be built so solid.. drove very tight and looked great.. seems to be so popular with a great reputation.. Now I see so many reviews just like mine.. and parts and repair are very expensive.. stay away.. I sold the car to a dealer and the trade in was a disaster... see KBB for trade to a dealer.. cant sell to an individual unless they are a mechanic.. I bought a Toyota.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals