2005 Subaru Outback

Based on 342 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Great for winter driving

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "AWD, Folding rear seat, reliable, well optioned"

Cons: "Rattles and road noise, 23-25mpg not great."

"This is my second subaru, and while the 3.0 engine does seem to have less major problems then my old 2.5, the build quality is lacking when compared to euro offerings. They call the sedan and outback, and my 2007 was the last year for the sedan version. I have the loaded LL Bean addition. The road noise and rattles from the interior are the biggest drawbacks for me, and the extra engine size doesn't quite amount to much power. although it pulls adequately, this is not a quick subaru, it would rather waft along. I think subaru should have included a factory roof rack in lieu of the moonroof."

Another Great Suby!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Safety, Reliability, Versatility, Holds Value"

Cons: "Expensive to purchase, mpg 20"

"I bought this 08 2.5i Outback in 2011, It is my 5th Subaru. I like the wagon very much and have used it to bring home a recliner! Before I had a couple Legacy GT's which were my faves! The car drives nicely and has a good amt of pep, handles the curvy roads well. I get about 4-8 inches of snow and the only thing that stops this wheeler is the depth over about 5". because it high centers. We also currently have a 99 Limited Outback with 221k mi. it runs great and is a 5sp. SO FUN TO DRIVE! Both smog no prob. If you are even considering a suby, DO IT! They are the best cars if you have snow or go skiing."

Great car for people and dogs

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, handles great, goes on snow, comfy ride"

Cons: "Not a lot of interior storage up front"

"This 2005 Subaru Outback with moonroof and leather seats has made me a Subaru convert forever. It is comfortable and works every time. After about 150,000 miles I've started replacing some things (struts, brakes, tires, soon and A/C fan), but it continues to run great and perform like it did the first time out. I tested and drove nearly every wagon/mid-size SUV on the market before buying my Subaru. The final thumbs up was that the rear 60/40 seats lie flat, giving my two big Golden Retrievers plenty of room to lie down (even with other gear in the car) and travel everywhere with me. The all-season mats are worth every penny as is the Compass garage opener. With all-wheel drive it drives on snow like the snow is hardly there. I can't imagine owning any other car. Wish list: more upfront storage space for phones, wallets, etc. Also better gas mileage. I get 28 mpg with a combo of highway/city driving."

I have owned Subarus since the early '90's. Super!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Just a darn good reliable car and nice looking."

Cons: "None really, but since '10, a little too large."

"The are wonder in the snow. No problems ever. Just have to watch out for the other folks who try but can't."

Never Selling This Car! Love It!

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, AWD,6 cylinder, towing for sedan"

Cons: "Small trunk, MPG,"

"2006 OB Sedan LL Bean H6 purchased new in 12/2006. Have had zero, 0, nada maintenance issues. Oil changes every 7500 miles, tranny, radiator, differential flushes at 45 and 90 thousand. OEM tires were terrible, so switched to michelin and now on Pirellis. This is a heavy car so acceleration and handling are mediocre for some driving styles but perfect for a small family sedan. Smallish interior and trunk are somewhat limiting, but fortunately I don't have need for tons of space. Test drove the 2015 Legacy and a mid size sedan like that is more space than I need. The only item I've added is a trailer hitch. The strong 6 cylinder engine isn't the most fuel efficient but plenty powerful to pull a small trailer or boat. Even without a load, as you accelerate, you can feel the engine pulling you forward. The AWD is great, ride height is nice too for a sedan. I like the smaller platform and wasn't ready nor had the need for the wagon. Like any used car, prior maintenance is critical so without records you are at the mercy of the prior owner and their diligence in caring for the car. The car itself though is well engineered and manufactured."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals