2004 Subaru Outback

8.3

Based on 648 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Not Bad

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I bought this vehicle for the new baby in our family. In the year that we have had it we have made 25-35 4 hour or more trips with the subi. Comfort and styling wise it is an awesome vehicle! However there is not much space with 1 baby and 1 dog and my wife and I. It is also quite dificult to squeeze 4 adults with the baby seat installed. The latch system works great and legroom for rear passengers is adequate. The thought into the vehicle is phenominal (rear middle seatbelt retracts into the roof, seatbelt receivers have a holder for them in the seatback so they don't lay on the seat). The cargo storage in the back is pretty decent and small things can sit under the floor with the spare tire. There are two cubby holes in the cargo area as well for stowage and a 12v cigar plug for power in the rear is helpful also. All the buttons and switches seem placed just right for the driver except for the pop out cup holder which doesn't hold more than a can of pop (this was fixed in the 02 and later...). The 6 cylinder is not very quick off the line but has substantial top end. Likewise it is not that economical with the fuel due to the AWD but the piece of mind of AWD to me is more important. I would definately recommend the LL Bean or VDC just for the dual moon roof option!!!"

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I gave this car only 3 stars on reliability because it blew the head gasket, ($2500) replaced the air conditioner at 5 yrs($900), replaced the clutch twice ($1600).....something wrong with the springs??? All in all had one really bad year for repairs. I still love this car! I am planning to purchase a new Outback soon."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013

"This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. Traded in a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee for this car and I'm so glad I did. I've had to put money in it from time to time but it's never been anything out of the ordinary; just standard things like a brakes, clutch, etc. I know people who have had problems with later models and I asked my mechanic about it (Superior Import Repair on Burnside) and he said the engine for my year and model was a particularly sturdy one."

I will never buy any car other than a Subaru!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "It has never broken down or left me stranded."

Cons: "I can't think of anything for this catagory."

"I love my Outback. We bought it brand new, and it's the best car I've ever owned. We've had two Foresters, too. But the Outback is my absolute favorite. It feels luxurious to drive, handles like a sports car, and hauls everything I need for work and play. I'm a professional massage therapist, and I transport my portable massage table and extra linen in the back. It's ten years old and still going strong with over 150K miles. It's been on many vacations, goes anywhere, and holds everything we need for camping and long road trips."

Worth every penny

By on Saturday, April 10, 2010

"After owning 2 brand new American cars ,84 pontiac grand prix and 1987 20th anniversary Mercury Cougar. I got smart and bought my 2000 Outback Lmtd Sedan. Best car I ever owned, reliable and never let's me down. With 111,000 miles on it still going strong. My next new car will definetly be another Subaru. Regular maintinence is the key."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals